Windows Programming - July 2013 (Page 3)

Serial API for microgate serial adapter

Hi, So i recently bought a serial adapter PCI card from Microgate (www.microgate.com -> SyncLink Adapters -> SyncLink GT/GT4 PCI Adapters), for serial communic...
[no replies]
This is weird

It runs and works fine, but it closes the application, how do I fix that? case WM_COMMAND: { switch( LOWORD(wParam) ) { case Men1B...
[1 reply] : Nevermind Fixed It. (by Johnny111111111)
Good Windows programming online tutorial

I have been programming in C++ for about 5 months. I have only been making console applications and I would like to start learning Windows programming. I have...
[2 replies] Last: As Hertz pointed out, the MSDN link above offers great help. Unlike i... (by closed account G309216C)
Snap to Grid with user movable objects

I have a forms app that I am writing and I would like to have a box on the form that had a grid that users can add objects to by a button press and the objects ...
[no replies]
Why is this acting so funny?

See the first SetWindowText works, but the second one dose not, I am trying to make it to where if you click the first one it says something, or the second one ...
[1 reply] : I even dded TEXT("My Text In Here"), TO THE SECCOND PARAMATER OF THE S... (by Johnny111111111)
by thalor
Setting ComboBox text

Hello all, New to C++ and need some help with a little matter. I have a combobox on my form that I fill from a CSV file. No problem there.... What I w...
[no replies]
My text

How would I change the text of this whenever I want? CreateWindow(TEXT("STATIC"), TEXT(""), WS_VISIBLE | WS_CHILD, 40,80,400,25, hwnd, ...
[5 replies] Last: If you use Spy, you can see all windows and their children. (by kbw)
Again how?

If I make a text object, how would I go about coloring the background of it to match my window?
[7 replies] Last: I fixed it, thanks anyway :D (by Johnny111111111)
Visual C++ command line compile COM library

I am trying to create COM library using this tutorial http://www.codeguru.com/cpp/com-tech/activex/tutorials/article.php/c5567/Step-by-Step-COM-Tutorial.htm How...
[11 replies] Last: That article is explaining to a C++ programmer how COM works in C++ (o... (by andywestken)
Cntrl-Fcapturing in win32

Hi, In my win32 application i created a Find dialog box & iam handling FR_FINDNEXT event.Same find Dialog box i shoud get with pressing Cntrl+F.How to capture C...
[no replies]
by Yitura
SendInput for a 3D view?

Hello, this topic is about SendInput and C++. I am new to programming, and help is very appreciated. When I use SendInput to make the mouse move, it normall...
[no replies]
error C4430: missing type specifier - int assumed. Note: C++ does not support default-int

How come the compiler suddenly gives this error when it had compiled just a few minutes ago. const bitset <3> empty = 0, pawn = 1, rook = 2, knight = 3; c...
[2 replies] Last: Thanks. I had the using namespace erased. It works again. (by jrfrago)
Chart Control! Urgent!

Hi, I am trying to plot multiple data points on multiple series and when I compile, nothing shows up on the chart. Can anyone help? private : System::Vo...
[no replies]
How?

So I created my menu, and menu items like this case WM_CREATE: { HMENU Men1 = CreateMenu(); HMENU WindowsTextMode = CreateMe...
[4 replies] Last: Wait nvm works fine. (by Johnny111111111)
Tutorial?

Does anybody know any solid windows.h tutorials? I am really just looking for ow to make a text box, and load a image to the inside of my window(covering the wh...
[2 replies] Last: If you want a beginner's guide to Windows API, then try out source for... (by newbieg)
Visual Studio compiling error C4430

Hi guys, This is a code(a class' method which I implement in my .cpp file): Passenger::getPassengerId(){ return passengerId; } The class is ...
[1 reply] : You've missed the return type. long int Passenger::getPassengerId(... (by MrHutch)
Visual C++ favor flag

What's the real difference between using Intel64 and AMD64 favor flag?
[no replies]
by cy163
find positions of punctuations with boost regex

-3 down vote favorite I am trying to find ALL positions of punctuations in a textual string so that I can divide the text into sentence. How to do this w...
[2 replies] Last: How to do this with boost regex. I tried but failed with the followi... (by andywestken)
by dem7w2
CString.GetBuffer memory leaks

After plenty of google searches and experimental code, I feel defeated. I'm getting memory corruption on the heap when I run the following code: CFileDialog fi...
[2 replies] Last: you were reinventing the wheel Well said! That's a shame I didn't no... (by dem7w2)
MultiByteToWideChar

Hi, trying to get characters, such as ä, ê, and so on, out of a file, so, I try and convert an std::string, gotten from the file, to a std::wstring, using, in...
[1 reply] : From MultiByteToWideChar function http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/lib... (by andywestken)
July 2013 Pages: 12345... 9
  Archived months: [jun2013] [aug2013]

This is an archived page. To post a new message, go to the current page.