Windows Programming - July 2013 (Page 2)

List view subitem editng???

Hi, in my win32 application i want N rows & 2 clmn cells.Which should be user editable.Can i use List view control for that.If i can How to create that list bo...
[no replies]
DirectX Cursor vs World Coordinates

Hello again cplusplus.com peeps. I'm making a 2D platformer with DirectX. I have a sprite for my player's arm that I want to rotate to always be pointing at ...
[2 replies] Last: Okay... I'm not familiar with D3D (I'm more of an OpenGL guy) so you'l... (by Disch)
How to install GCC 4.8.1 on Windows 7?

I want to make sure before I download anything unnecessary or do something stupid. Currently I'm using Code::Blocks IDE (nightly build, svn 8982), and my compi...
[5 replies] Last: It was the compiler flag, I had to check "Have G++ follow the C++11 IS... (by Codeez)
Cursor does not show up.

Resource File RedXCursor CURSOR "redxico1.cur" Header File #ifndef REDXWIN_H_INCLUDED #define REDXWIN_H_INCLUDED #define REDX_WINDOW 1002 #defin...
[1 reply] : anyone? (by Johnny111111111)
Why dose this not work right?

This sets the cursor right, but when the cursor hovers over a button or goes out of the window it turns back to the arror, how do I fix this?
[1 reply] : I figured it out c: (by Johnny111111111)
Can someone dumb the paramaters of this down for me please?

http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/windows/desktop/ms648393(v=vs.85).aspx
[2 replies] Last: Thanks; (by Johnny111111111)
Other options for WS_OVERLAPPEDWINDOW

What are more options for WS_OVERLAPPEDWINDOW? hwnd = CreateWindow( CLASS_NAME, APP_TITLE, WS_OVERLAPPEDWINDOW, // Other options CW_USEDEFAULT, CW_U...
[4 replies] Last: Those look great too. I'll try using these too. Thank you! (by closed account jwkNwA7f)
Program in a program

I'm not too sure whether Visual C++ problems are welcome here but here goes. I've created a GUI in visual C++ using the winforms (using MSVC10 btw) and I was w...
[2 replies] Last: I have no idea about opengl other than that's it's a seriously complic... (by TheBeardedQuack)
C++ WinForms in VS-Ex

Does anyone know where I can get the WinForms packages which come with MSVS so I can add them to my MSVS-Express. And please just don't spam me with "Buy the...
[4 replies] Last: Omg I can't believe this worked! I've just gone through the directori... (by TheBeardedQuack)
by Dalos
What is the virtual key code for ~/`

Hello sorry im a beginner programmer and I was just wondering what the virtual key code is for the ~/` key :).
[5 replies] Last: Nope, you're right, no \/ escape key, I'd always assumed there was and... (by newbieg)
How to define > operator for Datapoint?

Does anyone know what is wrong with this code? I am getting the error: error C2676: binary '<' : 'System::Windows::Forms::DataVisualization::Charting::DataPoi...
[3 replies] Last: Can anyone help? (by epd5030)
windows console question

Hey guys how do you clear the screen in the windows console?? I thought it was system("clear"); and it doesn't seem to work... Thanks! AeonFlux1212...
[6 replies] Last: @SpaceWorm Thanks for the input, it's just that I'm not quite into wi... (by AeonFlux1212)
Is My Code CORRECT ???

Hi everyone, I recently found the AllocateAndInitializeSid Function is this code correct . . . AllocateAndInitializeSid(&sid, 2, SECURITY_BUILTIN_DO...
[no replies]
Textbox that only accepts numbers?

Hey everyone, I've been scripting in flash and unrealscript for a while now, and I figured it was time to move up to C++. I have learned most of what I need in ...
[4 replies] Last: You might want to consider an alternative approach to ES_NUMBER The p... (by andywestken)
How to check if a registry key exists C++ windows API

How to check if a registry key exists C++ windows API //Assume hKey contains a valid HKEY obtained from calling RegOpenKeyEx(...) LONG result = RegQueryV...
[3 replies] Last: hmmm.... Good Work, although this should be posted as a article. You ... (by closed account G309216C)
by Foxar
SFML: Classes list won't work.

Hi, so im trying to create a enemy entities class, which i made but i get errors here. for(int i = 0; i < sizeof(enemyList); i++) { en...
[3 replies] Last: yes. vectors are basically resizable arrays. Although if you are ins... (by Disch)
Why does this not work? (Win32api)

I get this error when compiling with mingw g++ ani.cpp ERROR: ani.cpp: In function 'int main()' ani.cpp:8:31: error: 'AnimateWind AnimateWindow(hwnd, 200...
[6 replies] Last: Will thanks for trying. lol (by Manvir Singh)
How to explicitly assign a thread to a core of the processor?

Greetings, everyone! I have a question, maybe simple and stupid since I've never touched this area before. I have a 64-bit laptop with Windows 7 Professio...
[2 replies] Last: I can't answer your specific questions, but... My inderstanding is th... (by andywestken)
How to completely Hide a folder C++ without using attrib command Windows ???

Hi all, Im making a small program to hide some folders Now on the net I found many ways to hide a folder and the most best thing I found was the attrib c...
[2 replies] Last: Hi, There are several options available at the moment, one is using t... (by closed account G309216C)
Hey please help quickly.

I wanna change the cursor that you have when your mouse is in a window you made, when you click a button, how can I achieve this, I have made the button, I have...
[11 replies] Last: worst case scenario: system("command"); (by closed account Dy7SLyTq)
July 2013 Pages: 1234... 9
  Archived months: [jun2013] [aug2013]

This is an archived page. To post a new message, go to the current page.