Windows Programming - July 2013 (Page 4)

by vxb
Create COM object in a separate thread

I create a worker thread in an MFC GUI application.In the thread I do CoInitialize and then try create a COM object. The CreateInstance hangs until the main thr...
[2 replies] Last: I forgot to mention that the object I'm having problems with is derive... (by vxb)
How can my program know if Admin is log out

I wrote a program to imitate windows 8 to make my windows xp start faster: (newshutdown.bat) @cmd /c sc create -- binPath= "cmd /c start C:/shutdownnow.exe" ...
[no replies]
by i223a
On-Screen Keyboard

I am trying to write a program similar to the Windows On-Screen Keyboard. Background: Using System::Windows::Forms TopMost has been set to true. I not...
[10 replies] Last: SpaceWorm, That was very helpful. TY very much. (by i223a)
Dialog Boxes Help

Okay, I am a beginner -- obviously -- to the WIN32 API, and I am having trouble with dialog boxes. I can give you the error reports, and both my resource script...
[11 replies] Last: Not second line, my mistake. The style line of the dialog box. Which s... (by MrSelfDestruct)
Simple question - creating a new window

Newbie to the win32api, what I'm trying to do is have my app replace the contents of a window, or create a new popup window when a button is pressed. What I ...
[2 replies] Last: Hi, thanks for the reply. I've done some further investigating into t... (by roger911)
by lmsmi1
Proper Measurements?

I'm designing a GUI with ResEdit then porting the coordinates and sizes of the controls I've implemented into the GUI. However there is one little problem: the ...
[3 replies] Last: You can export a version of your code as a C/C++ code, rather than a r... (by TwilightSpectre)
SQL programming: need a start

I have been offered to help out with a website, but I need an SQL library. they are using Navicat for MySQLite. I am not exactly sure what I need... Any he...
[7 replies] Last: [quote=IWishIKnew]Obviously it would be better written in C++, than in... (by Oria)
by aggsyb
How do I write a loop that has an unkown end?

I have been programming part time for about a month now so if you reply and I dont understand , please bare with me! I have written a program that will read a t...
[9 replies] Last: OK, so if that's your plan, then I suggest making everything into func... (by newbieg)
Visual C++ Help

Hi guys I'm new to the windows programming thing where should I start?? I'm an expert at console apps I have a good knowledge in c++ applications like par...
[4 replies] Last: Thanks to all of you ^_^ (by Tammam Alzaidi)
Really basic Win32 question

How would I make the whole inside of my window show a image, and do it as soon as the window opens?
[1 reply] : Hi, Obviously there are resources floating around internet every wher... (by closed account G309216C)
Find DialogBox events handling

Hi i created a find dilog box.Where should i hnadle the FR_FINDNEXT message.i registered the FINDMSGSTRING in WinMain Function after Registering the main window...
[8 replies] Last: When I tried to compile your code, the WM_COMMAND line caused the comp... (by andywestken)
Problem Adding Image to Picturebox

Hi, I have a CLI project in Visual C++ 2010 where I have added a picture box. When I've tried to add an image to the picture box I get this error message when...
[no replies]
Yet another windows questions

When I run my application it says Window creation failed, I think its cause of my header file, but I will include my main.cpp, and my resources. #ifndef O...
[2 replies] Last: nvm fixed it. (by Johnny111111111)
Large Music Production Software

Hello all, I am trying to edit a Music Production Software for a well-known producer and am fully functional in Java but it needs to be C++. 1st off im wonde...
[1 reply] : As far as I know music production is fairly simple depending on what a... (by Johnny111111111)
Syntax error help please?

Wheres my syntax error here? #include "OcRunner.h" IDI_REDXICON ICON "RedXIcon.ico" RedX_Menu MENU BEGIN POPUP "Play" BEGIN MENUITEM "Windows Version(Rec...
[2 replies] Last: are you missing an end? i dont use vs but i would think it would need ... (by closed account Dy7SLyTq)
serial port HELP

i need to make a program that would "talk" to an output device that i made. i have never made a port program before and i would like some examples, tutroials, ...
[2 replies] Last: check out http://naughter.com/serialport.html (by rafae11)
Please Help me

Hi, In my application i created Find Dialog box with FINDREPLCAE structure.and processing FR_FINDNEXT event also.But i want to process FR_FINDNEXT with '...
[no replies]
Help please, and quick :/

I am trying to follow this tutorial, cause it seems to be of great use. I can not seem t figure it out though. Is there anyone who would be willing to explain i...
[2 replies] Last: Yeah, I apologize I did read over it and was just about to close this ... (by Johnny111111111)
by Toshen
ATL Service and periodic task

Hi! I used ATL to create service in Visual Studio 2010. Than I code some service events( like a OnContinue() ). Tasks in the events executed and service stope...
[1 reply] : up (by Toshen)
How to fit child dialogue in Parent without using tab control mfc

I'm going to develop MFC dialogue based application in which Parent window contain different controls in which some are common with child window.So I want to ca...
[no replies]
July 2013 Pages: 123456... 9
  Archived months: [jun2013] [aug2013]

This is an archived page. To post a new message, go to the current page.