Lounge - July 2014

New application for learning english vocabulary

Hi, my friends. We just published this new app for learning english language. It is using the spaced repetition system for learning. I would be grateful for you...
[2 replies] Last: Maybe for people that have about 12000 words vocabulary? (by Richard 4234)
Anybody notice on Google Maps that every face is blurred out?

I just find this amazing. Every single person you see on street view is blurred out. How - in code wise - is this even possible? I noticed this today when messi...
[18 replies] Last: The media have had a field day reporting this sort of thing since the ... (by closed account z05DSL3A)
Pata Hard Drive Switch

Is there anyway to have 2 hard drives configured to one Pata connection with a switch to declare which hard drive to use?
[2 replies] Last: My computer only supports one drive at a time. Anyways, I found my ans... (by closed account NUj6URfi)
by kbw
UML

UML became popular because it settled the methodology wars. But these days, no one learns UML anymore and those who care spend their time learning one of the...
[8 replies] Last: Modeling language http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Modeling_language S... (by closed account z05DSL3A)
PHP syntax

What is wrong with this? This has wrecked every brain cell I have which is capable of processing PHP syntax. $src = file_get_contents("SRC\' . $_POST["digle...
[1 reply] : Never mind, the answer is: $src = file_get_contents("SRC\\" . $_POST... (by RealGiganitris)
Chicken chicken chicken (1,2)

Chicken Chicken Chicken Chicken Chicken Chicken Chicken Chicken Chicken. Chicken Chicken. Chicken! Chicken Chicken Chicken Chicken... Chicken: http://w...
[30 replies] Last: At least it's an original thread. http://www.cplusplus.com/forum/loun... (by cire)
by ahcfan
How do you write high-performance applications?

I know this is a loaded question so I'm just looking for general advice on what areas of programming I need to study. I already have a good grasp of multithread...
[18 replies] Last: I figured the statements were outrageous enough. At least I think Disc... (by ResidentBiscuit)
best math and comp sci jokes are a go!

"There are 10 kinds of people in the world, people who understand binary, people who don't, and those that didn't see a base 3 joke coming."
[16 replies] Last: My joke's more of a really bad pickup line. (I specialize in bad pick... (by closed account j1CpDjzh)
by giblit
Pizza to Model

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=COk_o_1JcVo What are your thoughts?
[6 replies] Last: I bought both of them on iTunes, but there are lots of sites where you... (by closed account j1CpDjzh)
VERY IMPORTANT QUESTION!!?

Hey guys! My girlfriend asked me a "very important" question last week and now I can't stop thinking about it^^. DO PENGUINS HAVE KNEES?? Please help me with ...
[5 replies] Last: On the surface they use their feet for propulsion, under the surface I... (by closed account z05DSL3A)
by Null
Computer science vs software engineering

Long story short, I have less than 18 hours and 45 minutes to decide what I'm going to study for next 4 years - computer science or software engineering. Which...
[8 replies] Last: You need to undertand Computer Science before you can understand Softw... (by kbw)
PCB Traces

I just had a quick question, is it possible to take a PCB and cut in half, yet then use a cable or wire to connect all the split the traces so it still works? L...
[4 replies] Last: Alright, thank you everyone. (by closed account NUj6URfi)
Despicable Me

Has anyone realised Gru's logo looks exactly like the symbol used for a storage controller in Windows? :) Just a random thought
[3 replies] Last: Woah they do look alike... Strange. lol I didn't ever notice that befo... (by closed account j1CpDjzh)
Debugger 3.16: My daily life as a debug function

H-E-L-L-O. Can anyone read this? I’ve hacked myself into the servers of cplusplus to send you this message - please read it !!! My name is Debugger 3.1...
[10 replies] Last: Alright. There's no explicit explanations of the platforms that engin... (by NoXzema)
Dealing with paper notes and general orginisation

Whats teh best technology and system for the disorganised student? you know any tricks? ive listed my plans please discuss them maybe you cuds offer any help ad...
[4 replies] Last: Is taking pictures with your phone as good as a portable scanner? I ... (by closed account z05DSL3A)
by Disch
I hate dance music (F word usage)

RealGiganitris posted this other thread and linked to a dance song. I was going to reply and rant in that thread, but I thought It'd be less of a jerk move to ...
[13 replies] Last: Don't worry Disch, I personally didn't like the song posted either for... (by RealGiganitris)
What programming language is used for Android Apps?

The title tells most of it. I know that Java is the main one for Android but I heard that other languages could be used? Can someone help clarify please, thank ...
[15 replies] Last: I think the generated scala bytecode is compatible with dalvik, althou... (by AkramIzzeldin)
Why base-16 is called "hex"

Though the behaviour is considered "bad practice" when done to excess, programmers sometimes need to embed constants in their programs. These "magic numbers" we...
[12 replies] Last: No silly, Alice sends the KEY through entangled particles! Alice creat... (by RealGiganitris)
by Iam7b
When to use heap?

Hi i'm new and i didn't know where else to put this question so forgive me if this isn't the right place. i studied dma (dynamic memory allocation) but it left ...
[17 replies] Last: Ok i think i understand now, thank you very good people (by Iam7b)
XBox Portables.

I'm trying to prove a point to someone and would you guys (or girls) buy a XBox Portable? How much would you pay?
[7 replies] Last: Wasn't Conker: Live and Reloaded different from Conkers Bad Fur Day in... (by closed account NUj6URfi)
July 2014 Pages: 1234
  Archived months: [jun2014] [aug2014]

This is an archived page. To post a new message, go to the current page.