Lounge - July 2014 (Page 2)

by Iam7b
Computer Science vs 3d Animation

I'm so torn up between both, i don't know which one to pursue! i love and enjoy doing both. It's always been my dream to work for disney or pixar one day as an ...
[17 replies] Last: @Lowest0ne Most shops do use Max or Maya although they have usually be... (by admkrk)
Are computer tablets useful for studying or anything at all?

So I was thinking of getting one for uni but my house mate was telling me not to bother,he was telling e all his friends got one and never actually needed to us...
[7 replies] Last: They even have pens which memorize your movements and send those strai... (by Stewbond)
Music

So while(exploring the internet) (I found a song that I don't like due to the inappropriate content but the melody is incredibly unique for it's genre); Can...
[no replies]
by leo255
Best industry-specific languages to learn?

Hi all, Currently on summer break from college. Since there is a substantial difference from academia and industry/production programming (from what I've hea...
[2 replies] Last: Although it's not specifically related to this thread, I actually got ... (by leo255)
sql server vs. oracle 10g

i want to learn a server language but i'm confused between sql server and oracle. do you have any ideas????
[2 replies] Last: thanks:) (by bigsoft)
Ever play with some hobby Operating systems?

I've played with TempleOS 1 , PonyOS 2 , and a couple BeOS clones. You guys have any favorites, also, ever dabbled in Kernel development your self? 1...
[10 replies] Last: i once made a bootloader that printed "welcome_to_my_message..._enjoy"... (by tomplusplus)
Is std::iostream a good example of Multiple Inheritance?

Could std::iostream be used as an example of good MI? I very vaguely remember rapidcoder once said no. So I'd like to read more opinions. (Please keep on top...
[2 replies] Last: Wow, am I in an alternate universe where everything is better? That's ... (by LB)
A Programmer Thoughts

Hi everyone, Just recently, I have started a blog in wordpress about programming and software development. I called my blog A Programmer Thoughts so the addr...
[16 replies] Last: Hmm, really don't know but looks nice maybe I will use it :) Thanks fo... (by AkramIzzeldin)
How to learn programming for Unity3d

I have done programming for c++ and am currently learning to code in java it's been almost a week , my main aim is to make an app for android using unity3d plat...
[13 replies] Last: There is a way to use c++ with unity as well. It's a workaround involv... (by hatsack)
Potentially getting a tattoo (1,2)

I've wanted one for a long time, but decided from the start that it would have to definitively be me. Something I can say with 100% certainty I would never 'gro...
[36 replies] Last: I shouldn't have mentioned it. I don't want to derail the thread. Ap... (by Disch)
by helios
Site bug

Can you post in this thread? http://www.cplusplus.com/forum/general/138180/ What browser are you using?
[10 replies] Last: Apologies, I hadn't seen this thread or I would have posted my info he... (by BHX)
by Bunny
Opensource project, am I responsible?

Hi all, At the moment I am participating in a project responsible for the creation of program having the ability to harm one's system. The primary purpose of...
[14 replies] Last: In the end it will likely come down to whether or not convicting you i... (by closed account 3hM2Nwbp)
Is piracy considered an act of theft? (1,2,3,4)

Wanted to hear your opinions, is piracy good for the music industry? is it good for the economy? or is it just bad in general, i mean if it's really bad then wh...
[67 replies] Last: Well, I'll give up on arguing it especially after talking to both my f... (by BHX)
Destiny

Anyone here excited for Destiny? I'm just waiting for the beta to come out at 10:00am PDT.
[11 replies] Last: Anyone have a ps4 code? Spare? Edit: Question, I have PS+ do I get i... (by closed account EwCjE3v7)
by ahcfan
I need a batch script or powershell command

I have a folder with a bunch of files and subfolders in it. I need to delete all files in this folder that have filenames matching files in any of the subfolder...
[8 replies] Last: I can't draw any conclusions other than what the OP posted. Personall... (by Duthomhas)
tools for web development?

I'm very new to web development, just some basic stuff with php, css, javascript, c++, and python. I will soon be needing a website to host my projects and to s...
[3 replies] Last: @AceDawg, it is, but its expensive. @Albatross actually showed me a go... (by Little Bobby Tables)
by Disch
Word Crimes

This should be mandatory to watch before posting on these forums: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8Gv0H-vPoDc
[4 replies] Last: "Get out of the gene pool." (by giblit)
Unreal Engine 4

I'm thinking about finally picking this up. 19 bucks a month sounds pretty awesome for what you get. Anyone else have it? Thoughts? Up for some making some poin...
[2 replies] Last: Yup I grabbed it. It is definitely super easy to use and seems pretty ... (by ResidentBiscuit)
Gmock problem

Hi Can you please suggest how to test unint64_t variable using gmock ? For e.g : unint64_t aSection = aTokenInfo->section(); unint64_t aSectionIndex ...
[1 reply] : this is in the wrong section. more information is needed (by Little Bobby Tables)
by phil94
Microsoft Visual Equivalent

Hi, I'm a student and this upcoming semester we're switching from learning C++ to JAVA. For C++ we've been using Microsoft Visual Express 2010 to write all of o...
[3 replies] Last: Eclipse. I use it to write all of the languages you just listed, with ... (by ResidentBiscuit)
July 2014 Pages: 1234
  Archived months: [jun2014] [aug2014]

This is an archived page. To post a new message, go to the current page.