Lounge - July 2016

Installing ubuntu

Having trouble installing ubuntu. It's on my external hard drive(16.04.1). I pressed tab and enter under install ubuntu, then text appears at the bottom but it ...
[no replies]
Upgrading laptop batteries

Does anyone know of the process for upgrading a laptop battery? My current one on a fairly modern laptop lasts 1 hour with full brightness to about 2 and a half...
[9 replies] Last: That's a good idea. I never thought of websites like that because I ne... (by shadowmouse)
linux distrubtions

Just bought a lenevo yoga 900 for school. Cs Major so I will mostly use it for programming and the occasion word document typing. I had linux 14.04 on my laptop...
[6 replies] Last: do you know if those versions work in tablet mode? I can confirm that... (by Albatross)
Alien Shooter The Experiment Special

Greetings there, I haven't come back for long. I was busy modifying a game which supports C++ scripting. I have always wanted the game to be as interesting and...
[7 replies] Last: Why is this forum so quiet? So far there has only been one review. ... (by aquavillan)
My first CPlusPlus program in my career

Hello ladies and gentlemen, For the second time of my life, I have finished yet another computer program. The former being JavaScript and the latter is CPlus...
[18 replies] Last: @rosietesmen "HELLO WORD" should be "HELLO WORLD" (by Naughty Albatross)
c++11

people am sorry for the interaption but I would like know what C++11 isball about please
[1 reply] : http://www.stroustrup.com/C++11FAQ.html https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki... (by LB)
by Jao
Posting question

Would I get reported if I was to copy 189 lines of code on a topic I started and is more completed than initially? Mainly to show what I have came up with and s...
[2 replies] Last: Thank you for the response (by Jao)
http://digg.com/u/nasgor

What is this?
[8 replies] Last: @TheIdeasMan Why not (340) or (341.3333) ? I'm personally perfectl... (by Naughty Albatross)
ignore

ignore
[1 reply] : Hi, > (P)rint should print the collection > (A)should prompt the user ... (by Naughty Albatross)
C++ Name Mangling: Visual Studio vs. GCC

I was reading the Boost documentation recently about the demangle header, and decided to try one of the examples. To my surprise VSC++ 2015 apparently doesn'...
[4 replies] Last: @Cubbi, Thank you for that particular insight. I don't use those too... (by closed account E0p9LyTq)
Data recovery library for Android

Edit: Not my Topic, OP's post deleted. Hi, Qt has support for Android, although I don't know anything about Android. Qt has all kinds of really good stuff :+...
[1 reply] : As far as know, there are many Android data recovery software (not app... (by Peeersadeny)
Linux Device drivers

Hi all, Although some people say that merely looking through the linux source code should be enough for somebody to learn how to write device drivers, I just t...
[1 reply] : The problems with reading from a book in this case is that by the time... (by NoXzema)
Has anyone tried this?

Hello guys! I am student and recently I'm having a lot of troubles with my homework/assignment. I've looked through several posts and threads on this forum but...
[7 replies] Last: Don't expect to get hired for programming work if you have to have oth... (by closed account E0p9LyTq)
Does Android app require an online server

Currently working on a small android app on an emulator. The server I'm using is EasyPHP DevServer. I've been trying to connect to the server, but been getting ...
[4 replies] Last: I figured out the problem. It turns out I have to change the IP addres... (by Student555)
ummmm (1,2,3)

Huh what
[50 replies] Last: I am immortal!! (by closed account 3h0oLyTq)
C++17 is feature complete.

This news is a week old, but meh. As far as I can tell, there hasn't been a thread about it here, so here goes. These are the features that got added a few d...
[17 replies] Last: [quote=closed account 5a8Ym39o6]Its role is too basic. No need to be d... (by LB)
Best site to learn node.js

Hi, I am learning node.js for CLI, although I have googled for some online resourcesp but it would be great if you all could suggest the best site you used...
[7 replies] Last: glad my link did help after all :) (by closed account 3h0oLyTq)
Platform Specific API

So first off, long time since I posted but I remain a careful vigilante of the lounge section albeit most you probably don't know or remember me :D Ok, so I'm ...
[2 replies] Last: Doesn't matter. Pick something and use it. Most of what you learn will... (by JagerDesu)
Huffman code question

I'm going through my notes from class, but am confused about one part: let's say I have a string of ABRACADABRA. Each letter gets 3 bits. E.g A = 000, B = 00...
[3 replies] Last: Thanks to the OP and subsequent comments. Huffman coding of characters... (by closed account 48T7M4Gy)
Scatch: Create your own games!

For example playing football with your head: https://scratch.mit.edu/projects/72240850/
[1 reply] : > For example playing football with your head... Sorry there, but I ca... (by Naughty Albatross)
July 2016 Pages: 12
  Archived months: [jun2016] [aug2016]

This is an archived page. To post a new message, go to the current page.