Lounge - October 2013

help with virtual box

so im going to post what im trying to do first because someone might have a better solution and then ill post my problem. -------------------------------------...
[no replies]
Visual Basic Help?

Hello, this is one of my projects im working on in VB but can not figure out how to do it. I need to write the code for a FOR NEXT loop that will execute as man...
[no replies]
Pointer masters (1,2)

Hey everyone. I study computer science.The degree is going well, but there is one module which scares me.C++.The problem is that my professor is obsessed with ...
[20 replies] Last: That's a hair away from undefined behavior: accessing the same object ... (by Cubbi)
Android

Hello, I am just wondering if C++ is good enough to program on Android Platform and if so, can you recommend me any good websites to start?
[2 replies] Last: http://developer.android.com/tools/sdk/ndk/index.html It's not recomm... (by ResidentBiscuit)
Java: Insertion Binary Sort

Okay, this might be 5 o' clock in the morning talking, but I cannot seem to get this right. It does not sort the numbers at all. Thank you for any help. The ...
[4 replies] Last: Get some sleep and try again, because you are being rather rude. I've... (by Script Coder)
Accessing CSV files in practice -- read only?

I've been working on learning more about handling CSV files. There is unfortunately not a whole lot of good stuff on handling the (deceptively simple) beasts ...
[3 replies] Last: I would still like more feedback by people who actually use this in pr... (by Duthomhas)
by LB
m.cplusplus.com - Since when?

http://m.cplusplus.com/ http://m.cplusplus.com/forum/lounge/115269/
[12 replies] Last: I use the default safari and chrome browser on mine. I very rarely us... (by closed account jwkNwA7f)
Latex what a great product

For years I have had problems creating decent looking reports. Recently I have been using a combination of Crystal Reports and Adobe, but I have never been ...
[11 replies] Last: LaTeX can output to more than just PDFs, which is another major featur... (by closed account S6k9GNh0)
by S G H
Sockets

Okay then, in my free time I came up with another little project. It involved using networking as obvious. So I thought... What if I write a little Socket lib...
[2 replies] Last: The main.cpp is just for testing. Also, the key presses are not sent o... (by S G H)
Albatross finally came back to the forums~ (1,2,3)

-Albatross (Thread made so as to avoid derailing other threads.)
[54 replies] Last: @LB Alright, I'll be looking into it. :) @Thumper I remember you. :) ... (by Albatross)
hackers in the media

I apologize for this, but this is really the only site I know of that will understand. Hackers in the media are very misconstrued and it is hurting our image......
[7 replies] Last: Sorry, I had this open before anyone replied and just forgot to refres... (by BHX)
by AceK
WHERE CAN I SAVE THE CHAT CONVERSATION FOR MY APP?

hi everyone, hope all is well. I've designed a chat application, the sever part of the application is connected to a database to capture registration details of...
[5 replies] Last: Plain text files would be simpler and probably wouldn't take up much s... (by chrisname)
Ya Know, We Learn New Things Everyday...

Ya know, we learn new things everyday. I just learned a new thing a few days ago on the word "literally". Literally, quite literally means "To change", howev...
[17 replies] Last: Lol, not anymore BHX... I'll verify what I read next time. (by closed account N36fSL3A)
Any Tips On Writing More Efficient Code? (1,2,3,4,5)

I'm pretty happy with my code so far, but I'd like some pointers (pun intended) on how I can write more efficient code. I have several questions: Should I use ...
[91 replies] Last: Yeah... There's no denying that it can be poorly done. (by Disch)
What will be Output of below C Program ?

int a=7,b=8; a=a&=b&&10; printf("%d, %d",a,b); For description YouTube video:- http://youtu.be/zul5JSXlNoU
[8 replies] Last: Well, that solves that mystery then. I just remembered, this thread... (by chrisname)
Hello & a question

Hi guys, new to the site. I've had a quick look around and some helpful info here which is great. Anyway my question......i have a little extra time on my hands...
[8 replies] Last: Thx for all your replys, much appreciated. I intend to do abit homewor... (by MadMackem)
Image compression/Image stretching

What maths do I need to know to grasp this concept?? I made an algorithm that decompresses an image (goes from a smaller image) to a larger image. But how do yo...
[4 replies] Last: The Scale Image command enlarges or reduces the physical size of the i... (by jimmy123)
by dcrex
HLVM vs LLVM

Hello all! I'm new here, and I hope I'm placing this topic in an apropriate forum. So, I would like to know if anybody has any experiences with high level ...
[7 replies] Last: Haven't tried it but C-- looks very interesting, much more interesting... (by rapidcoder)
relativity maths

i am making a calculator thing that does math based around particles and need some equations i couldn't find on wikipedia i have gamma, beta, rest mass energy, ...
[7 replies] Last: Please put your code in [co de] tags: http://www.cplusplus.com/arti... (by Danny Toledo)
Strong AI

Some AI researchers are saying that heuristics and logic based AI aren't the path to Strong AI. My thought is we need to structure a new processor architecture ...
[6 replies] Last: I suspect the human brain will be found to run on a mixture of classic... (by Mats)
October 2013 Pages: 123... 9
  Archived months: [sep2013] [nov2013]

This is an archived page. To post a new message, go to the current page.