Lounge - October 2013 (Page 3)

Need help with speakers (Home theater system)

So I am in the process of looking for a 7.1 home theater system for my girlfriend for Christmas (She loves her movies and music and has been wanting one for yea...
[2 replies] Last: Thank you so much I think I got everything I need. Thanks again that ... (by closed account 3qX21hU5)
best place to learn the following math concepts?

so as i get into more advanced programs, the math behind it becomes more advanced (i didnt understand half of what was in the purple dragon book). i see this as...
[7 replies] Last: The greatest calculus book ever written is Calculus (4th ed.) by Micha... (by ascii)
Game programmers (1,2,3)

Just out of curiosity who here is programming to actually become a game programmer and has anyone made a decent game (text, 2d or 3d)?
[51 replies] Last: [quote=fafner] I think it's gonna be a hit! That sounds good until yo... (by BHX)
Car Problems (Car Solutions?)

I just totaled my car. Kinda of a big deal given that it was legally my fault and I don't have full-coverage (only liability). So, my best option right now is t...
[11 replies] Last: Well, the highway I had the wreck on is especially dangerous. While th... (by closed account S6k9GNh0)
Suggestions on Website (1,2)

I had to make a website on cplusplus.com as a discourse community for English 106 at Purdue. I was wondering if I could get any input on how it looks and how t...
[24 replies] Last: Thanks for that. Unfortunately, it's been turned in, so I can't reall... (by GRex2595)
by LB
Am I going crazy? (1,2)

Hey all, recently I've been having this problem. It's like there's this voice in my head that keeps telling me to do   Hey! Don't list...
[24 replies] Last: Nope, I am not smart enough to do that. :(             ... (by Catfish4)
Password generator in D

So I recently decided to go back and try and master the D language, after an extremely long pause. So here's a simple and crude program, that can generate pass...
[3 replies] Last: parse!size_t(args ); That syntax is really ... that's suppose to be... (by closed account o1vk4iN6)
Web Page Directory?

Hi, I was just doing some homework on C++, totally unrelated stuff to what I'm about to talk about when I went on one of my old school sites to look at the solu...
[2 replies] Last: At Google search textbox just type: site:somedomian.com (by BitRat)
What do you use dual boot for?

I recently started dual booting Linux Mint and Windows 8. I've always heard Linux is great for development. If you dual boot, which operating systems do you use...
[18 replies] Last: guys... Duel Boot!!!! Yes. Keep your footwear in fighting trim. ... (by cire)
License for c++ tutorials

What are the c++ tutorials and documentation licensed under? Would I be able to copy them and release them? (The tutorials from this site)
[4 replies] Last: [quote=The very bottom of every page]© cplusplus.com, 2000-2013 - All... (by Duthomhas)
by LB
Anyone built a cross compiler?

Has anyone here built a cross compiler? I've been trying to follow this tutorial: http://wiki.osdev.org/GCC_Cross-Compiler If anyone has experience, I'm ...
[8 replies] Last: [quote=Script Coder]Well judging by the site LB listed it is probably ... (by LB)
the beginning

how was the first programming language written?
[2 replies] Last: that was hard-coded in the CPU at hardware level. To elaborate, thi... (by closed account 9wqjE3v7)
by Manga
I am in love with sfml. (1,2,3,4)

I started my graphics programming with SDL 2.0. But came across a "lets make a game thread" and opted to participate. It was decided to use sfml for graphics so...
[65 replies] Last: Has anyone used ImageMagick Magick++? If so, is it good? (by Manga)
Share computer builds (1,2)

So I have always been in love with computer hardware and always love talking about it. SO was curious what kind of computer builds everyone here has and what ki...
[29 replies] Last: I actually purchased a motherboard and CPU off newegg and both of them... (by giblit)
by LB
What's going on?

Sorry for the horizontal scrolling involved! I'm using cygwin to build a gcc cross-compiler on my Windows 7 64-bit to target arm-none-eabi, and I'm havin...
[1 reply] : http://mingw.5.n7.nabble.com/help-to-compile-gmp-4-2-2-tp12589p12597.h... (by LB)
facebook api?

so im writing this app for my friend that uploads pictures to facebook periodically, but right now i have to send it to an email server. he told me about a face...
[1 reply] : I'm not sure what exactly you need to do, but here is a list of facebo... (by naraku9333)
Graphics (1,2,3,4,5)

Hello, I am looking for a good website to learn graphics with C++? And could someone even tell me what is the best to start with, i've tried something with Open...
[91 replies] Last: @Superdude I'm happy now. I woke up this morning hoping I could make ... (by BHX)
by LB
Hidden text (1,2)

There is hidden text in this post. ---- You found the hidden text, this is it! I'm guessing you used the quote button that EssGeEigh made, because this hidde...
[20 replies] Last: Well when you have the choice between previewing your spam or posting ... (by LB)
Help with vector Algebra (SFML)

Could someone please explain to me the basics of sf::vector2f? i can't seem to understand them so well :/ all i know is that in game development they're used to...
[2 replies] Last: Thanks ;) (by LeonSken)
Downloading

Hi all! I'm new to programming and what I am strugling with is this, I can't find a program in which I can type code. I can't download this Visual C++ becaus...
[6 replies] Last: I'm so excited to get VS 2013. xD (by closed account jwkNwA7f)
October 2013 Pages: 12345... 9
  Archived months: [sep2013] [nov2013]

This is an archived page. To post a new message, go to the current page.