Lounge - October 2015

C++ programming advice

Hi guys, I attend University and just a beginner to programming. I'm in discrete math and computer science 1. So far discrete math is going well, as I aced my f...
[8 replies] Last: Thanks for the advice everyone! I think I'll do what you all are sayi... (by closed account i8bjz8AR)
C++ programming advice

Hi guys, I attend University and just a beginner to programming. I'm in discrete math and computer science 1. So far discrete math is going well, as I aced my f...
[no replies]
Where to download Font file for Windows?

I'm currently trying to build a Pdf Parsing tool and am having some problems with the fonts represented in a Pdf file. My font file folder does contain Time...
[5 replies] Last: Thanks for the replies. It turns out this is an embedded font in pdf ... (by dominover)
by yehozz
Newbi programmer looking for help

Hello! I am looking for someone with some experience in programming that could help me with advice and guid me in the right dirrection. If you are a helpfull p...
[2 replies] Last: It's free, too! (by TwilightSpectre)
New to programming, need some advice

Hello, I'm very new to programming. I attend university and I'm currently in a couple classes as I have completed most of my general education requirements. I...
[4 replies] Last: Hi, If you did well with the program writing part, then that means yo... (by TheIdeasMan)
Is there data recovery library available?

I want to build a data recovery app for Windows and Mac. Does anyone know free or commercial api on that category? P.S. I have some experience in QT programmin...
[no replies]
by ne555
New topic - Code tags broken

The format buttons do nothing. The `Preview' gives garbage. Consider that when a post do not have code tags. * (the issue is only on the `New topic', it wo...
[no replies]
TStringList, Integer with leading zero's

Hi Guys or ladies can you help please I’m trying to write an integer value to a TStringList with leading zero’s. I’ve tried using setw() & setiosflags l...
[1 reply] : Please don't double post, it's ultimately a time waster for those who ... (by TheIdeasMan)
Discouraged new programmer seeking advice

I feel like I don't know what I'm doing. I'm new to code and C++, and the task of learning a programming language and developing problem solving skills is reall...
[15 replies] Last: @ lazywestcoaster: I can understand your frustration with this, beca... (by closed account yR9wb7Xj)
A funny dose of reality... (1,2)

So, I just got out of the hospital yesterday. (No one could figure out why I had gotten so ill, but as it is, any time a diabetic cannot keep food down things b...
[28 replies] Last: [quote=Duoas]Yeah, well, I've compiled your code with my modification ... (by closed account E0p9LyTq)
by josh82
New to these forums. (Need help finding a website with code snippets)

Hi everyone, I've been using this site for a while but I'm brand new here as a registered member. I've been trying to learn C++ off and on for years but this i...
[4 replies] Last: "http://codegolf.stackexchange.com/ might be worth a look." I appreci... (by josh82)
Why Self-Driving Cars Must Be Programmed to Kill (1,2)

"Self-driving cars are already cruising the streets. But before they can become widespread, carmakers must solve an impossible ethical dilemma of algorithmic mo...
[22 replies] Last: The "impersonal your"? https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Generic_you (by Duthomhas)
Need clarification on big o notation

I read in my textbook that within a function, the bigger complexity overwhelms the smaller one. Ex. foo() for(...) for(...) for(...) This func...
[7 replies] Last: Can you give me an example of when it's an addition vs multiplication... (by helios)
A question for C++ experts

Hi, I am a newbie in C++, trying to be better everyday. Here a question for you experts so I can make my self comparison. I am developing C++ for almost 3 mon...
[4 replies] Last: Once you develop your own style of programming there really isn't all ... (by Computergeek01)
Uninstall Win10 apps that don't have "uninstall" and also the AppStore itself

Hey guys, I imagine there's plenty of people who want this just like me and thought I'd share... Hope it may help some people http://www.howtogeek.com/224798...
[13 replies] Last: On a win 7 laptop one of those windows driver updates broke the WiFi, ... (by TheBeardedQuack)
Poor wording in basic_string::getline documentation

A user in IRC pointed out some confusing wording related to how the string passed to getline is treated when the string already has contents. Initially, the...
[4 replies] Last: Handy link to our current description: http://www.cplusplus.com/refere... (by S G H)
Help me choose between both of these Universities please? :)

Greetings everyone, it's boring old me again, I always visit this forum whenever I am in need for an advice from intelligent and open-minded people; like the o...
[3 replies] Last: Congrats! (by Homberto)
by helios
Symmetric cryptography

I was researching various crypto algorithms when I came across this paragraph on Wikipedia: Furthermore, some recurring properties may be found in the cipherte...
[10 replies] Last: bitwise operations are not affected by endianness Thanks for the ti... (by tition)
Views

I think that peoples posts should track how many views they receive, thoughts?
[13 replies] Last: Like a lot of other people on this topic I do not see how this will he... (by Pizza God)
Project Euler for homework

Does anyone know of a project euler-like website for homework problems? I work on long term projects too much, sometimes it's refreshing to have a couple eas...
[5 replies] Last: http://www.puzzleup.com/2015/ (by istemihan)
October 2015 Pages: 12
  Archived months: [sep2015] [nov2015]

This is an archived page. To post a new message, go to the current page.