General C++ Programming - August 2013 (Page 23)

My mixin library (or "dynamic type composition library")

I'm developing an open source library that allows you to have C++ mixins (vaguely similar to Ruby's mixins and not to be confused with CRTP mixins). It can b...
[no replies]
operating symbols

how to ask the user to input operating symbols like "+","-","*" and then use it to operate on the numbers. The user should be asked to input the symbols not lik...
[2 replies] Last: there are plenty of ways 1) Use ASCII table and get values for algebr... (by Ahmad1797)
by dgsm98
String problem

I'm having problems with strings and an "if" statement, here is an example code, please help me if you can. Thank you. #include <iostream> using namespac...
[3 replies] Last: You may need a semi colon at the end of line 8 ;) kidding. Just do wha... (by Ahmad1797)
C++ Book?

So, I'm 13 and I've been programming since I was 10. If you're one of those people that want to say "You're too young. Stop programming. It's pointless at your...
[13 replies] Last: I'd like to add, in C\C++ you use a resource editor to make menu's and... (by Computergeek01)
Document Type Conversion

greetings people, i am working on a problem of converting document types, i.e a .docx file to .html format, any tips or code snippet or headers for a headsup wo...
[2 replies] Last: yes, in functional terms;this is how it would be Input (.doc/.docx) ... (by DecipherThis)
Blitz++ library and parallel programing

Hello I was given a program that use the blitz++ library. This program was first made to use a single processor but was then modified to use several. However...
[2 replies] Last: The program use mpich2 to provide parallel possibility. If the seed is... (by lethargie)
Program crashes after running.

Hi, I made this program, and it runs well, it writes the grouped numbers, as it should, and sometimes continues, sometimes crashes. It may be caused by memory p...
[14 replies] Last: i realized that the problem was not with the memory(i have more than e... (by pandasd)
c++ 3D plots

Hi does anyone any good 3D plotting functions, which accepts x,y and z value, which i can use in c++, i want to be able to rotate the plot as well. thanks
[6 replies] Last: [quote=asda333]when ever i type i always seem to miss out words as i a... (by Veltas)
circle or blob detection

Hey guys http://i41.tinypic.com/2ela0w6.jpg this is the input image, which i am testing on as well as the same image but the paper at an angle, and i want...
[no replies]
normalize for opengl

Hey guys so i have a list of vertex points which i want to render i have applied light and would like to apply it to each vertex point to get a smooth rende...
[5 replies] Last: yeah, im trying to find out how to calculate the vectors in the glNorm... (by asda333)
3d Primitive Collisions

I think I may have found a new way of checking for 3d polygon collisions, but I'm not sure. It may have already been used, thought of, and/or discovered to be s...
[5 replies] Last: I've invented my own (almost flawless) method for any object no matter... (by TheBeardedQuack)
How Much C++ Should I Know Before I Start Learning Direct X

How Much C++ Should I Know Before I Start To Learn Direct X. I know basic C++ and i know im not ready now for it but i was wondering what sort of things do i ne...
[3 replies] Last: In my opinion I think you should try learn as much C programming as yo... (by TheBeardedQuack)
Access registry of a computer within a domain

Hi all, I have to implement code in such a way that form one system in a domain we have to change registry of other system within the domain. could you pl...
[4 replies] Last: Thanks modoran.. ill implement my code and get back to you people.. (by baratamswetha)
Help please

Hello everyone, can someone help me and tell why my program wont give me a result, I know Im using the do while-loop because the program is suppose to continue ...
[3 replies] Last: case 'D': case 'd': while(num2 == 0) { ... (by SirSmilesaLot)
by meesa
[C++] Best way to add and edit a map

I have a map that I need to add and edit data. The problem is that I don't always know if I'm adding or editing. As I understand, the .insert() function fail...
[6 replies] Last: My map is simply map<char, float>. I'll be using the operator where ... (by meesa)
by Numeri
Create Binary Tree from Preorder Traversal

I am trying to read/write binary trees to a file for a little project I'm working on for fun. I got frustrated and gave up; now, I am trying again! So I am wr...
[16 replies] Last: Thank you so much everyone! Getting functional code is no use when I d... (by Numeri)
Debugger crashes when break point is inside a function

This is very strange. So, I have this code: ... MakeTexture((char*)ilGetData(), ilGetInteger(IL_IMAGE_WIDTH), ilGetInteger(IL_IMAGE_HEIGHT)); ... ...
[2 replies] Last: Ok, the "problem" was in the arguments yes. So, for those of you who ... (by ShiroAisu)
Can't find Ostream

some gentleman please tell me what's going on with my program?? in the String.h ,i will overload the operator <<..... but something is wrong with the OSTREAM....
[1 reply] : You declared operator << as ostream& operator<<(ostream&, const Strin... (by vlad from moscow)
Code::Blocks/GCC issue

The above is my project, below is the output, the problem is that these are actually implemented/compiled so how is this output even possible? I cannot for the ...
[4 replies] Last: There is no longer a compile issue, problem was that I hadn't added th... (by awsdert)
Get a DateTime from a Table

Hello , I'd like to get a a field name "eventDateTime" from a DB table and its storage is datetime year to fraction (3) . I have created a function retur...
[2 replies] Last: 1. Could you please edit your code in your post using tags: http://www... (by andywestken)
August 2013 Pages: 1... 2122232425... 28
  Archived months: [jul2013] [sep2013]

This is an archived page. To post a new message, go to the current page.