General C++ Programming - August 2013 (Page 22)

Move from std::initializer_list

Hello! I'd like to ask you something I've been looking for without luck: moving from std::initializer_list s. It's not possible with the current revision of...
[4 replies] Last: an std::initializer_list object is just a pair of pointers or a pointe... (by Cubbi)
What is the error?

Here's the program: #include<iostream.h> #include<conio.h> #include<stdio.h> #include<string.h> struct DATE { int Date; int Month; int Year; }; ...
[4 replies] Last: - I would also place my bets on missing parenthesis. - However, this ... (by thejman250)
pointer!

Here is my sample code, i want ptr to get updated when i'm modifying it after accessing through member function.Please correct if i'm doing wrong, let me know i...
[2 replies] Last: wow... cool stuff.. thanks Smac :-) (by kulkarnisr)
Trying to make a container of templated functions

I am trying to parse a .obj file. .obj files are ascii, and basically a set of pairs: keyword - value : v 1 2 3 vn 1 2 ... where "v" and "vn" are keyword...
[3 replies] Last: @ ne555: It looks like this could work. I'm not sure about how to us... (by Lowest0ne)
by Veltas
Confusing performance with std::thread.

So I've been using std::thread a little recently on my laptop with its dual-core processor. The following program is supposed to do the boring job of incre...
[9 replies] Last: And thanks again, looked up the -march=native option and that looks ... (by Veltas)
Whats the error? Please help

Here's my code: #include<iostream.h> #include<conio.h> #include<stdio.h> #include<string.h> class BOOK { private: int Bno; char Bname ;...
[14 replies] Last: Line 98 has a space after the 2 newlines cout<<"Book "<<i+1<<" match... (by Smac89)
by idefix
Memory allocation while initialise matrix

Hi, I'm about to solve least-squares problems within a C++-Program. (Equations like inverse(transpose(A)*A) * b and so on) So I use cmatrix as library and th...
[4 replies] Last: Yes of course ;) as I wrote, the assigned values in this case are 120 ... (by idefix)
by knn9
OpenGL & 2D

SO i've been reading a few tutorials on OpenGL. I want to learn it to render some basic 2D stuff. The problem is all the different coordinate spaces are confusi...
[4 replies] Last: Thanks again, you have been most helpful! (by knn9)
Array Concept. . . . (1,2,3)

Hello an question came to my mind about array and pointers. We all know array is nothing just a pointer to it's data type. What if: int array ; ...
[47 replies] Last: Ahmad1797, you seem to have a number of misunderstandings on this subj... (by closed account z05DSL3A)
remove char without space from string

Hello guys, Good eveninggg! i'm new here. (only few minitues...;)) I need help in idea and I would much appreciate it. I need to remove a char from s...
[4 replies] Last: Rather than removing the character, you can create a new string which ... (by Smac89)
Need Inputs for reading file from specific offset

Can you correct me where i'm going wrong. Requirement. 1. Need to open existing log file. 2. make note of current end of file(ref1). 3. call_processing_rout...
[1 reply] : you need tellp() to get the current offset (after seekp() ). After ... (by coder777)
Char * max long

Hi!! I need to know if it is possible to show the maximum length that is defined a string. I explained it with a example void charLong(char *a){ cout <<...
[2 replies] Last: in charLong() the information about the size of the buffer a is lo... (by coder777)
by Siroos
i need C++ library form extract text in HMLT file

Hi I plan to take an HTML file HTML Tag functions that I want to delete the text inside the HTML file or to come out with the use of functions in a text fi...
[5 replies] Last: yeah why was mine reported? im helping. oh well. admin wont see anythi... (by closed account Dy7SLyTq)
by heepoo
linking error on MinGW

hi all! i want to write a game engine with MinGW and Code::blocks ide http://amir-ramezani.3owl.com/agc.zip this is my project's source code what is the pro...
[10 replies] Last: but i use wxWidgets 2.9.5 and what is the dependency? (by heepoo)
by fazraz
Need Help With Forms!

Hello! Using Visual C++ 2008 I am designing a form. I have a TextBox and a Button and a TextBox2. My aim is to type something into textbox1, press the butto...
[1 reply] : When designing a form you either need to generate a resource file (*.r... (by Veltas)
wxWidgets Intall: Access Denied?

I keep getting an access denied message from wxWidgets... I don't understand why it is saying that; it is run in admin mode. I successfully installed th...
[7 replies] Last: The file could be locked by another process or maybe anti-virus is blo... (by naraku9333)
by xismn
Redirecting stdout

Hey, I've recently been inspired by some of Joel Yliluoma's(Bisqwit on youtube) projects. More specifically, this one: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L9KLn...
[3 replies] Last: Thanks Duoas! You've set me in the right direction. @andywestken afte... (by xismn)
operator new[] where size is 0

Regarding http://www.cplusplus.com/reference/new/operator%20new%5B%5D/ what if I have table = new LinkedList<string> ; where tableSize is equal to 0? (Link...
[2 replies] Last: So I guess I'd still have to delete even if the size is 0, right? Ye... (by cire)
by Jr0dd
A quickly repeating loop

How would you guys suggest I create a loop that would repeat itself many times a second? Trying to do extremely basic graphics with a grid and system("cls") eve...
[1 reply] : Duoas did a better job the I ever could: http://www.cplusplus.com/ar... (by Computergeek01)
AI in tictactoe (segmentation error)

Out of sheer boredom, I decided to do the regular tictactoe game and try and make the computer unbeatable. I've got it to the point where it is drawing the majo...
[1 reply] : int main() { srand ( unsigned (time(0) ) ); bool programacti... (by manudude03)
August 2013 Pages: 1... 2021222324... 28
  Archived months: [jul2013] [sep2013]

This is an archived page. To post a new message, go to the current page.