Lounge - August 2014 (Page 4)

I just discovered something!

On threads with activity that you have not seen, you get the little blue "New" deal next to the subject. If you click on that, it goes away. Essentially a "mark...
[7 replies] Last: I'm used to clicking on the new icon on other forums to bring me to th... (by LB)
Determining an operating system at runtime?

I was on the irc.quakenet.org #cplusplus channel, and some of the developers got to talking, and started to try and think up a way to determine the current oper...
[15 replies] Last: Still running, eh? The basic OS (Windows, Linux, Mac OS, AIX) is know... (by Duthomhas)
Legal Prostitution (1,2)

My position on legalizing prostitution hasn't been as well accepted as I thought. I think legalizing prostitution while still regulating it is better than the c...
[22 replies] Last: Pro-prostitution? Organizations that are pro-prostitution are those th... (by BHX)
by Nezar
guidance needed !!

Hello my friends, It's been a few months since i started to learn programming in c/c++, I followed harvard's cs50 open course ( at cs50.net ) step by step and ...
[1 reply] : https://github.com/cpluspluscom/ChessPlusPlus (by ResidentBiscuit)
Male Leg Shaving for Hygiene

Recently had a flea infestation and the fleas would sometimes hide in my congo-grade leg hair. So... I shaved it off. It's not the first time I've done but I've...
[17 replies] Last: Not saying they live in my hair, they would jump onto my leg and I cou... (by NoXzema)
check out 1001 Spikes

I will probbaly be completing a play through of 1001 spikes http://youtu.be/llXEZ_gtgmk check it out if you would like, game seems awesome so far erock
[2 replies] Last: I was playing it on PC (by Hambone)
Teaching math

For those of you interested in math, here is a first/second grade word problem. You buy a ice cream cone that cost $1.74 and give the ice cream lady $2.00. How...
[6 replies] Last: If you read the article, you'd see that it isn't a matter of teaching ... (by Ispil)
Hello!!! (1,2)

What games do you play? Just wondering.
[22 replies] Last: I don't really play much games because I have only few hours to sit in... (by AkramIzzeldin)
by dgsm98
Preparing for an internship interview

Hello everyone, I have a question on how I should prepare myself for a interview that will be coming up in the next school year. I am going into my junior year...
[4 replies] Last: I recently recieved an internship with an airline company. Here's the... (by IWishIKnew)
Spelling mistakes: do you care?

I almost spelled 'spelling' wrong :) ( edit: but I did put the quote in the wrong place ). So, we're programmers, we can't have typos in our code. Hopefully ...
[15 replies] Last: I agree to an extent in some argumens though, assholes avoid your poin... (by devonrevenge)
Site modernization (1,2,3,4)

I think we should urge for a website modernization. I know we've had threads like this before, but they never seen to account for anything. So let's discuss som...
[70 replies] Last: [quote=Computergeek01]You misunderstand me BHX,.. My sincerest apolog... (by BHX)
by SIK
Social Issues facing near total automation (1,2,3)

Throughout history we have seen people doing less and less mundane work and machines being used to do such work. This however causes the social issue of redu...
[48 replies] Last: if you have more food then you can store then you can't just leave i... (by SIK)
Programming Careers?

What sort of careers involve programming? I know there's software development, web design, engineering, video game development, and even some science careers, b...
[11 replies] Last: Ahhh, I see, haha. Well, like you said, it's still good experience. (by closed account j1CpDjzh)
August 2014 Pages: 1234
  Archived months: [jul2014] [sep2014]

This is an archived page. To post a new message, go to the current page.