Lounge - August 2014 (Page 3)

Hello people! (1,2)

How are you doing today? I have a little game for you. He is EPIC !!! Guess who it is!
[26 replies] Last: Who cares. LOL (by Richard 4234)
sound effects

so i am making an rpg game. it is based in the console im trying to figure out how to put a simple tile map to it but at the moment. not going super well. ga...
[13 replies] Last: You could save and load essentially the same way. Something like this:... (by Computergeek01)
School is Odd...

While I've always been dissatisfied with US school programs since the 4th grade, I've recently begun thinking about how odd our school actually is. For inst...
[8 replies] Last: I think school is about pumping out a workforce in yearly batches and ... (by devonrevenge)
Set up the sega genesis dev tools. Need project ideas

I was bored and wanted something old school to work on. Any suggestions? My first thought was to make a mario paint clone.
[2 replies] Last: I grew up on the genesis. Since it's going to be running on an emulato... (by Cheraphy)
Ackerman function

Consider this super-exponential recursive function: #include <stdio.h> int ack(int m, int n) { if (m == 0) return n+1; if (n == 0) return ack( m - 1, 1 ); ...
[11 replies] Last: I came across the same problem in brilliant.org , I hope you are not ... (by a k n)
by helios
Vector math

Given a vector of interest and two "down" and "forward" reference vectors, is there some way to rotate them so the "down" vector points down and the "forward" v...
[7 replies] Last: That seems to have done the trick. Thanks! Here's what I'm using it f... (by helios)
by LB
Magnum: C++11 Graphics Library

https://github.com/mosra/magnum I've been experimenting with it and it's really cool. I have not been able to get it to work with nuwen MinGW however, I thin...
[1 reply] : This is something I'll be definitely keeping my eye on, but I don't th... (by Avilius)
FAQ update (1,2)

Yet another update on the FAQ. I've begun working on the Beginner's / Homework section. http://www.cplusplus.com/faq/beginners/ Completed items Educat...
[29 replies] Last: All righty then... i = ++i + i++ , undefined behavior, sequence poin... (by Duthomhas)
by LB
The commit with 1506 comments

Thought I'd reminisce on something I went through in late 2012: https://github.com/Bukkit/CraftBukkit/commit/8f12382e8efc8c39a919af9180dd884caf3720ff I wa...
[8 replies] Last: Having recently started making plugins, the experience is pretty nice,... (by LB)
Floating point precision

I've been reading up a bit on the standard representation of floats, and I kind of understood that numbers with a zero fractional part, e.g. 5.0, 9.0, can be ex...
[6 replies] Last: Alright, thanks for the help. (by maeriden)
About std::vector

Why 'vector' doesn't store addresses? If so, when calling "v.erase( v.begin() );", it wouldn't have to call X move/copy constructors (if the template is a class...
[2 replies] Last: A vector is designed to: 1. Minimize random access time. 2. Cheaply pu... (by helios)
Interesting Puzzle

With the following structures and locals: struct Category { Category *parent; Category *right; // left and right categories share the same parent Cate...
[2 replies] Last: Yeah, I had to stop spending time on it and move on to other things. ... (by Lowest0ne)
Israel (1,2)

Are you in support of israel or against it? And why? Just curious. I won't criticize your answer
[27 replies] Last: Yeah Im prone to that kind of sweeping statement thank you Ispil (by devonrevenge)
Enabling C++11

So I am new to this Visual Studio 2013 and C++11. I am learning a little bit about C++11's new features, so I am trying to do some practice with some of the fe...
[3 replies] Last: C++11 is enabled by default in VS, but as mentioned not everything is ... (by naraku9333)
How to earn honest money with C++/Java freelancing?

I need some help. I am plenty skilled at C/C++/Java, but I lack the connections to make some things happen. I would like to earn some honest $$.$$ working from ...
[4 replies] Last: I don't understand the purpose of MySql. What is the difference betwee... (by DeXecipher)
by leo255
Got my First Programming Interview

Hi all, Got my first programming interview (on Friday) - Just wanted to see what I should know before going in. I'm not sure if it's a C# or Java shop, but t...
[6 replies] Last: Trying to get a job can be really tough on the soul. Keep your head u... (by Lowest0ne)
Scared Beyond Belief

Today in class my teacher announced that our next test will be an "in-class" program which is due at the end of the period and I almost fell out of my seat and ...
[10 replies] Last: The Java Computer Science AP Test has you writing Java code by hand fo... (by LB)
by LB
The /real/ reason there is no MI in Java

This answer is wrong: http://stackoverflow.com/a/2515502/1959975 A deriving class can simply be required to override methods which are overridden by more than o...
[2 replies] Last: public class MyGodClass extends AppDomainObject, HttpServlet, MouseA... (by chrisname)
best/worst code youve seen? (1,2,3)

today i finished writing a working version of my lexer (thank you @albatross, @James2250, @Lachlane) and as i went over it i realized that it was very messy. no...
[54 replies] Last: Indeed. (by Lowest0ne)
Too much freetime

Hey guys, I've too much freetime now. Can you help me? I hope you have good ideas:)
[4 replies] Last: When I have free time (a lot since it is summer) I bike ride. I've go... (by Homberto)
August 2014 Pages: 1234
  Archived months: [jul2014] [sep2014]

This is an archived page. To post a new message, go to the current page.