Lounge - July 2012

Share premium account with me

Does anyone have a premium account to this site that could be shared with me? This site i mean: http://www.directxtutorial.com/ PM me if you could share with ...
[9 replies] Last: Sorry, I've been busy. Check your PM (by ResidentBiscuit)
Looking for a program similar to TeamvVewer

I'm looking for a free application similar to TeamViewer, but one that is designed solely for the purpose of working on coding projects with someone over a LAN....
[2 replies] Last: You'll be much more productive learning to use a version control syste... (by closed account 1yR4jE8b)
The "other" languages

Praise or bash your exotic language of choice. I'm currently looking into J. It achieves great terseness at the price of the syntax being incomprehensible by...
[15 replies] Last: I'm not saying that writing a function that maps some input to some ou... (by hanst99)
The Virtual Universe

http://internet-map.net/#9-157.92657470703125-112.54794311523438
[2 replies] Last: Site traffic, mostly. Also, let's take Reddit for example, lot's of p... (by closed account 1yR4jE8b)
Dual monitors, this is sweet! (1,2,3)

So I finally gave in and went out and bought myself a second monitor. I don't know why I waited this long! This is amazing. No more alt-tabbing to look up docum...
[41 replies] Last: MMA (Multiple Monitor Addiction) is a very serious problem facing prog... (by BHX)
Does Touch Typing make any difference to you ? (1,2)

I have recently started touch typing . I thought it would increase my typing speed . Yes ,it has done that but I am struggling with symbols . Whenever I have t...
[36 replies] Last: You have to do that for every line of code you write though, it should... (by Ikaron)
So, I was writing some code...

...and in the code was a part where I wanted to use the proper ordinal suffixes ("st", "nd", "rd", "th")--but in the clarity of a sleepy daze, I didn't want to ...
[6 replies] Last: White space and comments could go a long way with this one. (by moorecm)
by viliml
Types of orederings

I heard about the weak ordering, the strict weak ordering, and the strong ordering. What are the differences between them?
[4 replies] Last: That say nothing about the regular weak ordering, Sure does: [quote=... (by Cubbi)
XNA + C# vs SFML + C++

So , what do you think ? It's the performance loss of the C# + XNA worth for an indie developer ? I want to make a simple 2D game maybe make some 3D games aft...
[14 replies] Last: Thanks for the help ! :D I've made my mind and I'll go with C++ + SFML... (by TwoOfDiamonds)
by hanxi
chm help documentation for c++

I made a help documentation for c++, but it's use "http://www.cplusplus.com/reference". And the website's administrator don't know this. So I come here to ask a...
[2 replies] Last: thank you (by hanxi)
What kind of job could I get with...

First of all, hello, my fellow coders :) I will be getting my Associates degree this December, and really want to look for a job that would take it in order ...
[1 reply] : I've been working on an Associates while working a full time job and a... (by closed account S6k9GNh0)
std::array and std::vector

Quote from Mark Ruzon @ stackoverflow: It's called a vector because Alex Stepanov, the designer of the Standard Template Library, was looking for a name to ...
[18 replies] Last: Constructors are a bad idea in general. I wonder why they do not use f... (by rapidcoder)
Steam Summer Sale

Anyone else out there keeping an eye on Steam for some of those gems you've been hoping would drop in price? Recently managed to get Legend of Grimrock for nine...
[13 replies] Last: Lmao, Biscuit you should look up the 10 minute Morrowind run. (by BlackSheep)
I need more feedback...

...on this game I'm working on. I spent some time pimping the graphics with blender, and the result was amazing. I didn't imagine it would be that good when I...
[7 replies] Last: I have no idea why she wouldn't say yes, but I'm guessing the word "cl... (by chrisname)
Daily c++ problems answer thread

This threads main purpose is to hold the answers to the problems i post here http://www.cplusplus.com/forum/beginner/75558/ if you could refrain from posting ...
[3 replies] Last: reserved(code takes up a lot more space!) (by Need4Sleep)
by P C
mktime() code example fixed

/* mktime example: weekday calculator */ /* fixed by P C */ #include <stdio.h> #include <time.h> int main(){ time_t rawtime; struct tm *timeinfo; ...
[3 replies] Last: I believe the OP attempted to correct the sample code shown on the ref... (by Cubbi)
Rename account

As the title says. Can I have my account renamed? The majority of my accounts on other sites are named Andrei15193 and I would like to fully standardize this fo...
[2 replies] Last: Thanks mate ;) Will do :) (by closed account 3TXyhbRD)
Why is double the default floating point type?

Like the question askes, does anyone have any idea why double was chosen as the default floating point decimal? By default, I mean that when you declare 1.0, it...
[2 replies] Last: Because most ALUs take the same amount of time to operate on doubles a... (by rapidcoder)
Last Edited by Admin?

Just a simple question about Admin: when it says, "Last edited by Admin, blablabla" on the bottom right corner of someone's post, does that mean the Admin has p...
[11 replies] Last: I agree. ~Solved~ (by Zincott)
by kbw
Power strip will hack your network

I just saw this on slashdot. http://www.zdnet.com/power-pwn-this-darpa-funded-power-strip-will-hack-your-network-7000001331/ Check out the list of features...
[no replies]
July 2012 Pages: 1234
  Archived months: [jun2012] [aug2012]

This is an archived page. To post a new message, go to the current page.