Lounge - October 2012 (Page 3)

Isn't a pointer gloabal?

It should be right? It points to an adress so scope shouldn't matter.
[2 replies] Last: Yes, to be clear, scope always matters . (by Duthomhas)
by Milos
C++ Project

Hey guys I'm beginner in C++ and I'm working in Eclipse (MinGW Compiler) and need to make a program, sum of odd numbers that will collect only the second num...
[5 replies] Last: Actually the output stream probably does get flushed when you add a ne... (by chrisname)
winuxtosh - the universal os

correct me if im wrong, but it seems like more and more every day diffrent os are slowly becoming similar. things such as wine, cygwin, virtual box, any browser...
[14 replies] Last: Yeah, sorry for the misunderstanding. (by chrisname)
has anyone here tried... programming outside,in a plane, while skydiving or while seeing to the missus

wonder if there could be a future for extreme programming... you try it i send you an ice cream
[4 replies] Last: Jesus, people, it's like you've never heard of the International Confe... (by Cheraphy)
Fragments

What is the output for the following code fragments? cin >> rhubarb; rhubarb = rhubarb( rhubarb ); cout << rhubarb; Need explanation as ...
[8 replies] Last: Well, I got rhubarb as my output! hello rhubarb rhubarb rhubarb rhub... (by andywestken)
AMD vs Intel

I often hate these discussions because they often go into the direction of just one person bashing another. Please try to keep it civil. I've waited quite ...
[15 replies] Last: I've used both AMD and Intel products and as far as I can see, they bo... (by closed account 3hM2Nwbp)
Did I Make A Bad Chooice?

I have recently entered a competition, and we were allowed to choose between C++, Python,and Java. I chose Python (5y experience) over C++(2y exp). My problem i...
[4 replies] Last: I choose c++ becuase I had any language to choose from, So I looked fo... (by Pickle Gunner)
10,000 hours.

According to a theory for mastering a subject, it takes 10,000 hours of doing and learning that subject. over the last 9 months that I've done programming I've ...
[2 replies] Last: I have heard that becoming an expert was one hour a day for three year... (by Pickle Gunner)
by joe26
continue looping when opened

we had our project in C + +. The loop should continue when open again.... help .. help ... help...
[3 replies] Last: Use the code tags: #include <cstdlib> #include <iostream> #include... (by Pickle Gunner)
Looking to start learning python, what good books are there?

Most python book seem to be aimed at non-programmers / beginners, but with a grasp of the basic fundamentals of C++ and programming in general, I think a differ...
[4 replies] Last: The Python documentation is pretty easy to start with. That was how I ... (by chrisname)
Baking Pi - Operating Systems Development

[quote=Computer Laboratory University of Cambridge]Baking Pi - Operating Systems Development Welcome to Baking Pi: Operating Systems Development! Course by Ale...
[1 reply] : http://www.newark.com/element14/gertbom/gertboard-bare-pcb-w-component... (by ResidentBiscuit)
New Search Functions?

You can now choose to search the Forum or the Reference section individually. Did this just get in or have I just not used the search function?
[no replies]
C++ with kinect(freenect)

Does anyone have any experience with the freenect library and the kinect? My robotics program is using a kinect this year and im the only programmer in the club...
[3 replies] Last: This is why Richard Stallman was an idiot to name his movement "free s... (by chrisname)
ever been to the dream in code forum? they actually pick on you watch out.

These guys are are like gestapo and i think im allowed to vent on this part of the forum, but also its fair to warn you what theyre like before you join. Not...
[10 replies] Last: yeah i think they took everything i said really seriously, you cant st... (by devonrevenge)
by LB
Parallel universes either don't exist or can't be accessed (1,2,3)

Let's take a look at the highly optimistic version of the parallel universes theory; the one that says any time something can happen more than one way, the univ...
[52 replies] Last: I wasn't pointing to that. Supposedly, gas will fill any container. Ho... (by ne555)
by Mile94
Need help

Hi to all of you in forum.. I need help about linking some spreeadsheet to a program writen in c++. The program should imput whole spreeadsheet and then save ...
[3 replies] Last: Excel supports CSV, so you could have your program read/write CSV and ... (by chrisname)
I need help admin..

hey guys i am just a beginner programmer in c++ and i want to go in game programming.I've heard that there are lots of libraries to began game programming but ...
[1 reply] : http://www.cplusplus.com/articles/1w6AC542/ (by Moschops)
by BlakeK
Advice for a College Kid (1,2)

Good afternoon, everyone. Firstly, I joined cplusplus.com because the members here are amazing. I've read stuff from here for years, but I finally joined tod...
[29 replies] Last: @BHXSpecter Why not start a thread and post the code, I'll take a look... (by naraku9333)
Performance analyzers

I was working with another guy a few days ago on a problem where the functions in his DLL were taking too much time to execute. I was able to let him know that...
[6 replies] Last: Perfect! I checked out the screenshots and I think VerySleepy is exac... (by Stewbond)
Increasing productivity with Notepad++ (1,2)

1. Fingertext plugin to speed up writing of code. 2. Explorer plugin to check files simultaneously. If you know any plugins on Notepad++ to increase product...
[21 replies] Last: @Catfish2 (426) Thanks - heaps ThingsLearnt++; Cheers (by TheIdeasMan)
October 2012 Pages: 12345
  Archived months: [sep2012] [nov2012]

This is an archived page. To post a new message, go to the current page.