Lounge - October 2012 (Page 4)

by LB
Virtual Inheritance should be default (1,2,3)

(Note: I don't actually want C++ to change, I just want to discuss my idea of a better OOP C++) I r...
[40 replies] Last: My point is that inheritance should never be used by "laziness". Avoi... (by aquaz)
Java help

So i have decided to learn java becuase i cant get a graphics library in c working. just to make sur...
[13 replies] Last: @BHXSpecter Yeah , But the filename can be different if the class is ... (by Raman009)
qwt3d display the number of every node in 3d surfaceplot

Hi! I am asking also in qwt forums but i dont receive an answer..I want to make a graph with some po...
[no replies]
To run C++ project is Graphic cord must

Guys, shed some light on the above heading. suggest me, as we have tried running .cpp project ...
[4 replies] Last: [quote=andywestken]BGI Graphics is Borland's old, 16-bit graphics libr... (by BHX)
Million languages yet some famous

Hey c++ forums, I was just looking through list of programming languages that exist in our world ...
[6 replies] Last: Fair enough. I correct my earlier statement to say "new words are born... (by Moschops)
YAELT (yet another esoteric language thread)

It seems like everyday I'm hearing of some new tongue-in-cheek language that exists simply because w...
[6 replies] Last: My favourite is Shakespeare. @ne555, Maybe he does intend to use it a... (by chrisname)
The first algorithms- easy or hard?

So, I got a degree in Computer Science and did a lot of C# .NET programming. Have dabbled with C++ q...
[2 replies] Last: Perhaps you should try asking someone from an isolated area how they w... (by closed account S6k9GNh0)
Networking questions!

I'm currently taking a Networked Systems class. I'm studying for the transport layer chapter, and ra...
[1 reply] : The first is false because the first message sent doesnt have ack fiel... (by naraku9333)
by Aceix
Windows FAILURE

This is sooooo cool(I'm even a windows guy but can't stop LAUGHING!!!). especially the first one. ht...
[2 replies] Last: Ooh, what does that taste like? Is it closer to 22/7? (by LB)
by LB
Chrome bug or my graphics card?

For a long time now in Chrome I've noticed that, especially with content-heavy pages, if I go to a t...
[6 replies] Last: @L B: Misread, my bad. Still, switching between tabs is still a Chrome... (by ModShop)
Next Lang to learn? (1,2)

I have about 2 years experience with C++ and know JAVA a lil bit. I want to be the person who can d...
[35 replies] Last: @Catfish2 I know of one company (Maple Securities, I think Dyalog's we... (by Cubbi)
Productive Boredom

So I found myself with an awful lot of time on my hands today, away from home, and with no idea what...
[4 replies] Last: @Computergeek01: ...and why do you think I'd want to do that? @Disch:... (by TheRabbitologist)
Khronos EGL

I'm quite confused about this API. In various power point presentations and during XDC2012, it was s...
[1 reply] : It looks like it's just meant to be a cross-platform version of GLX/WG... (by NGen)
by chief
Initializing variables too much...or not?

Hello everyone. I've been coding a lot of games lately and have fell into the habit of initializing ...
[2 replies] Last: Thanks. Nice to know I'm not headed down the wrong path (by chief)
Javascript Help

The following code is meant to validate an answer, but when I click submit, nothing happens. <html...
[1 reply] : thanks for this good kind of Javascript Help.... (by Manuelbe)
Magic Square

Let the tic-tac-toe board be represented by a map from int to Mark (some type that represents a ...
[9 replies] Last: (bump) Any other thoughts? (by Mathhead200)
Nifty little feature of this site.

Most of the reference is directly accessible in shorthand so instead of: http://cplusplus.com/ref...
[1 reply] : The thing I like about this site is that it has so many features and s... (by blueberry)
Coding in Unicode

I was looking into the source of a physics model in VS2008 today and noticed that non-ascii characte...
[3 replies] Last: Thanks both. That satisfies my interests. (by Stewbond)
Dexter

First, let me say that I'm a HUGE fan of this show...next let me say that this season's premiere was...
[2 replies] Last: crazy addicted to Breaking Bad a while back. I know how that is. It... (by ResidentBiscuit)
by Aceix
GDI vs Direct2D

I heard Direct2D is better(as in graphics) than GDI cause it was introduced in Win 7. But which one ...
[11 replies] Last: Yeah just glanced through SFML2.0 tut and it's great. Really good!!! T... (by Aceix)
October 2012 Pages: 12345
  Archived months: [sep2012] [nov2012]

This is an archived page. To post a new message, go to the current page.