Lounge - October 2012 (Page 4)

by LB
Virtual Inheritance should be default (1,2,3)

(Note: I don't actually want C++ to change, I just want to discuss my idea of a better OOP C++) I really like how C++ solved common inhertance problems. I just...
[40 replies] Last: My point is that inheritance should never be used by "laziness". Avoi... (by aquaz)
Java help

So i have decided to learn java becuase i cant get a graphics library in c working. just to make sure im getting the write idea so far: public class nameOfT...
[13 replies] Last: @BHXSpecter Yeah , But the filename can be different if the class is ... (by Raman009)
qwt3d display the number of every node in 3d surfaceplot

Hi! I am asking also in qwt forums but i dont receive an answer..I want to make a graph with some points in the 3d space.I want to display the number of every n...
[no replies]
To run C++ project is Graphic cord must

Guys, shed some light on the above heading. suggest me, as we have tried running .cpp project using windows console but shows graphics.h BGI graphics not...
[4 replies] Last: [quote=andywestken]BGI Graphics is Borland's old, 16-bit graphics libr... (by BHX)
Million languages yet some famous

Hey c++ forums, I was just looking through list of programming languages that exist in our world and hell there were thousand of them just like we created th...
[6 replies] Last: Fair enough. I correct my earlier statement to say "new words are born... (by Moschops)
YAELT (yet another esoteric language thread)

It seems like everyday I'm hearing of some new tongue-in-cheek language that exists simply because we know it can. Brainfuck and LOLCODe being old staples, M...
[6 replies] Last: My favourite is Shakespeare. @ne555, Maybe he does intend to use it a... (by chrisname)
The first algorithms- easy or hard?

So, I got a degree in Computer Science and did a lot of C# .NET programming. Have dabbled with C++ quite a bit over the years; but its really hard so I fail to ...
[2 replies] Last: Perhaps you should try asking someone from an isolated area how they w... (by closed account S6k9GNh0)
Networking questions!

I'm currently taking a Networked Systems class. I'm studying for the transport layer chapter, and ran into a few questions giving me grief. The professor has th...
[1 reply] : The first is false because the first message sent doesnt have ack fiel... (by naraku9333)
by Aceix
Windows FAILURE

This is sooooo cool(I'm even a windows guy but can't stop LAUGHING!!!). especially the first one. http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=endscreen&v=2w8rypZQDbg&N...
[2 replies] Last: Ooh, what does that taste like? Is it closer to 22/7? (by LB)
by LB
Chrome bug or my graphics card?

For a long time now in Chrome I've noticed that, especially with content-heavy pages, if I go to a tab it might have the display from one of the other tabs I ha...
[6 replies] Last: @L B: Misread, my bad. Still, switching between tabs is still a Chrome... (by ModShop)
Next Lang to learn? (1,2)

I have about 2 years experience with C++ and know JAVA a lil bit. I want to be the person who can do just about ANYTHING on the computer. I am also 15 so i wa...
[35 replies] Last: @Catfish2 I know of one company (Maple Securities, I think Dyalog's we... (by Cubbi)
Productive Boredom

So I found myself with an awful lot of time on my hands today, away from home, and with no idea what to spend it on at first. I could program my synthesizer, bu...
[4 replies] Last: @Computergeek01: ...and why do you think I'd want to do that? @Disch:... (by Albatross)
Khronos EGL

I'm quite confused about this API. In various power point presentations and during XDC2012, it was stated several times that EGL is *replacing* GLX. But... ...
[1 reply] : It looks like it's just meant to be a cross-platform version of GLX/WG... (by NGen)
Initializing variables too much...or not?

Hello everyone. I've been coding a lot of games lately and have fell into the habit of initializing A LOT of variables at certain points when I need a specific ...
[2 replies] Last: Thanks. Nice to know I'm not headed down the wrong path (by dtaqee88)
Javascript Help

The following code is meant to validate an answer, but when I click submit, nothing happens. <html> <head> <title>Javascript Radio Button Test</title> <m...
[1 reply] : thanks for this good kind of Javascript Help.... (by Manuelbe)
Magic Square

Let the tic-tac-toe board be represented by a map from int to Mark (some type that represents a mark, possibly an enum), and with its indexes organized as a...
[9 replies] Last: (bump) Any other thoughts? (by Mathhead200)
Nifty little feature of this site.

Most of the reference is directly accessible in shorthand so instead of: http://cplusplus.com/reference/stl/queue/ You just need to write: http://cplus...
[1 reply] : The thing I like about this site is that it has so many features and s... (by blueberry)
Coding in Unicode

I was looking into the source of a physics model in VS2008 today and noticed that non-ascii characters were being used. CL_γ = CL_α + β; ξ_0 = CL_γ * ...
[3 replies] Last: Thanks both. That satisfies my interests. (by Stewbond)
Dexter

First, let me say that I'm a HUGE fan of this show...next let me say that this season's premiere was the most intense since last season's finale. Showtime's ma...
[2 replies] Last: crazy addicted to Breaking Bad a while back. I know how that is. It... (by ResidentBiscuit)
by Aceix
GDI vs Direct2D

I heard Direct2D is better(as in graphics) than GDI cause it was introduced in Win 7. But which one is easier to learn? or which one should I learn first?
[11 replies] Last: Yeah just glanced through SFML2.0 tut and it's great. Really good!!! T... (by Aceix)
October 2012 Pages: 12345
  Archived months: [sep2012] [nov2012]

This is an archived page. To post a new message, go to the current page.