Lounge - April 2014 (Page 3)

4/20

Happy Easter to my favorite Christian and pagan colleagues. Happy toke a bowl to my favorite Stoner Coders. And happy birthday to me! (and potentially anyone el...
[14 replies] Last: Thanks duoas! Don't waste yourself on mind-altering stuff. I'm not ... (by Cheraphy)
by LB
Dynamic echo?

A common "cool thing" in games is dynamic lighting. Directional sound is even more common. But what I am having a hard time researching is dynamic echos - that ...
[3 replies] Last: [quote=ResidentBiscuit]I'm having a hard time thinking of when this wo... (by LB)
needs some help /advice

might be a simple fix but i dont see it and its drving me nuts #include <cstdlib> #include <string> #include <iostream> using namespace std; class ca...
[2 replies] Last: I agree it is important to use code tags, and have it in the proper fo... (by BHX)
What is your stance on AV companies having access to all your information?

I just noticed that in the EULA for my AV software, it basically says that they can collect almost any information from your computer and do basically anything ...
[8 replies] Last: There are certain contracts that even though they are signed, they are... (by Computergeek01)
possible??

I don't have cd or dvd drive i want to install linux from disk image after installation by running it is it possible from Linux to delete my windows vista com...
[6 replies] Last: I think using bootable flashdrives is the best option in my case sinc... (by Mehrdad87)
slow system

I regularity use %temp% and temp in run. And use best anti malware in the world ie spyhunter4 and clean my registery and use programs like tune up. but still so...
[18 replies] Last: yes same person i wont go to him again (by Mehrdad87)
most used language (1,2)

I know only c and I want to know about uses of other languages?Are they all same? Which one is most useful?which one is hardest?which is easiest?... any oth...
[28 replies] Last: I already got a new vision after leaning a little about assembly i bel... (by Mehrdad87)
Telnet

Hello! Does somebody knows how to work with telnet? I've tried to connect to another computer I have, where I installed the telnet (server): finally, I could...
[11 replies] Last: 1.) You're welcome 2.) ACE: Access Control List, this is how Windows ... (by Computergeek01)
by LB
Self-Documenting Code (1,2)

I've been talking about this for a while now and I've promised to elaborate in an article multiples now, so here it is finally: http://www.LB-Stuff.com/self-...
[28 replies] Last: Yes, I'd like strong type aliases too. At least we got enum classes. (by LB)
Website theory

I've learned some language like: html, javascript, php,... But I dunno what do websites include (would you mind listing them?) and what are they? I only know s...
[10 replies] Last: Try Ruby on Rails (by Lowest0ne)
RECOVERY hard drive

I accidentally formatted my RECOVERY hard drive (of file system type RAW). Actually, I don't really know what was inside it and what was it for, I thought that...
[4 replies] Last: RAW means raw data, i.e. unformatted i.e. unusable (until formatted). (by chrisname)
best degree?

I want to be a game programmer but just in case I dont get accepted into a gamjng company Id like to be able to get into other programmibg jobs. Whats the b...
[4 replies] Last: Get a BSc in CS, CIS, or anything related. (by ResidentBiscuit)
How to prepare for IT Management?

My question is pretty general and for those who have current experience IT management. I am currently majoring in Computer Information Systems(CIS) at a Califor...
[1 reply] : You're not going to graduate and be given a management position right ... (by ResidentBiscuit)
by LB
Language Design: Function Parameters

I've been thinking of language design in the back of my mind for months now, and one of the things I was thinking of was function parameters. I was thinking of ...
[14 replies] Last: I'm actually considering expanding the function syntax even further - ... (by LB)
What do I need to make a website? (1,2)

Yeah, what language do I need to make a website? PHP and Javascript. Any thing else? And what are Visual Studio 2013 Express for Web features? Does it have P...
[22 replies] Last: I don't get the feeling that we read the same article. (by LB)
steam wont work on ubuntu, help!

just built a gaming pc. I have installed ubuntu 12.04, and i have installed steam for linux. When i press play on a game it says 'app is already running' i then...
[6 replies] Last: im dualbooting windows 7 and mint and it works great. however, you wan... (by Little Bobby Tables)
Microprocessor Design Software

Okay so firstly I want to apologies because I've posted this just once before and someone suggested LogicSim (I think that was it's name) which granted is prett...
[no replies]
Game Development with SDL2

I meant to actually post this here a while ago (a few days after it was uploaded), but I never got around to it. I'm extremely interested in this talk, and I fe...
[16 replies] Last: And that is why i like SDL very much. (by Ceset)
Do people know each other on this forum

Do they? Do you remember people who have posted for a while, what they posted about, and their skills and such? I have yet to find a community that remembers wh...
[17 replies] Last: I've been here under different names since 08. Lurk regularly. Yea, I ... (by Cheraphy)
Distributing a Finished C++ Programe!

So I've learned quite a bit of C++ and still continuing to do so! I hope to get into 2D Game Development and design some simple games! But if i do happen to...
[9 replies] Last: 1) The overwhelming bandwagon effect is to plaster a mile long wall of... (by closed account 3hM2Nwbp)
April 2014 Pages: 12345... 8
  Archived months: [mar2014] [may2014]

This is an archived page. To post a new message, go to the current page.