Beginners - August 2012 (Page 4)

end of file before left brace

Hi I'm new to c++ I have learned some and i've been working on a factorial program to give the facto...
[4 replies] Last: The only way to do a factorial by if ... else is by exhaustion i.e. li... (by ToniAz)
Cannot return the index number in result

#include <iostream> #include<string> using namespace std; char * substr(const char *, const ...
[6 replies] Last: okay thanks u @nwn , thanks ya (by Lim Boon Jye)
first step to windows visual program from command prompt

Hi! I want to take my first steps in making a lightweight graphical interface from commandline, fro...
[3 replies] Last: Ok, now it's clearer what u'r after. Forget about WinBGIm. With a li... (by soranz)
by chief
Can the same object initialize a private variable via a constructor more than once

It'd be convenient to just update a private member variable whenever I wanted without having to dec...
[13 replies] Last: A constructor initializes a new object. You cannot call it on an exi... (by Athar)
by Sykner
Incredibly high memory problems

Hello, I have a program that, by the looks of task manager, gains 10,000 KB of memory a seconds no...
[5 replies] Last: Thank you for your help soranz and romai. I found an if statement tha... (by Sykner)
Global Vars, Classes and Seperate Files

I've been learning C++ for a few weeks and over and over I've heard that global variables are bad, b...
[6 replies] Last: Thanks for the suggestions. I've found that if i attempt to use the a... (by Bugsplatter)
Factorial

I'm brand spanking new to C++ so any help/suggestions would be great: I'm suppose to be making a pr...
[9 replies] Last: Ah, I missed the comparison operator in my book. I got it to work that... (by bowlbase)
by ac698
C++ templates and recursion problem

[no replies]
by samrux
Putting a default icon to a program

As simple as that, how can I link a bmp or jpg or png image to my .exe when building it to be shown ...
[3 replies] Last: Windows should automatically use the first icon in an executable as th... (by Athar)
Problem with buffer output

// prata 9-3 bufer new.cpp : Defines the entry point for the console application. // #include "...
[4 replies] Last: OMG! I just have understood! Thanks a lot! (by aliru777)
-Wall and -g flags

(1) What do these mean? (2) Where can I read standard documentation on them?
[1 reply] : Here: http://gcc.gnu.org/onlinedocs/gcc/Option-Summary.html#Option-Sum... (by Athar)
C++11

Hi im new to the forums and I was wondering how do i download C++11? or.. is it which compiler uses ...
[17 replies] Last: http://www.cplusplus.com/forum/general/76837/#msg412928 (by kbw)
getchar()

thE cOde is wOrking weLL the prObLem is with that getchar() user input it is nOt taking input frOm t...
[1 reply] : Please use code tags, and what's with the random capitals ? That makes... (by Dash)
by Madguy
Input validation program

Hello everyone I'm making a program that only reads integers between 0-9 but I have a problem with t...
[9 replies] Last: @Moonraker True, I was rushing and used || by mistake. Thanks everyon... (by Madguy)
by Ch1156
How to make a long float or something

Ok so in my game the player is given a billion dollars to start with, i have float money = 10000000...
[2 replies] Last: 1e+009 is 1 * 10^9, which is 1 billion. (by Lowest0ne)
System cannot find the file specified

hi all, Im using Microsoft visual C++ 2010 express Whenever I try to run the project its says, ...
[4 replies] Last: Great. Glad you fixed it. Usually when I get that error it's because... (by Moonraker)
Getting compiler errors on Mac

I've installed the latest XCode, have Max OS X 10.7.4, and have tried both Code Blocks and Eclipse J...
[3 replies] Last: Hi there, Here are some links that can help you: http://stackoverflo... (by NwN)
by Zu007
selecting sorting in array problem

for(i=0;i<5;i++) { cin>>arry ; } for(i=0;i<4;i++) for(j=i;j<4-i;j++) { if(arry >arry[j+1]) ...
[3 replies] Last: At first we suppose that the minimum element is the first element of t... (by vlad from moscow)
Undeclared identifier.

Hello. I'm an absolute beginner at c++ and I could need some help with a problem of mine. I made a l...
[9 replies] Last: And for Moschops. Like I told you guys before, I'm using Microsoft Vi... (by Moschops)
I can't use strings (1,2)

I'm a real beginner and I'm just learning the very basics. So while I was studying from this website...
[21 replies] Last: When creating the project, I'm sure I chose Borland C++ as the compil... (by Athar)
August 2012 Pages: 123456... 45
  Archived months: [jul2012] [sep2012]

This is an archived page. To post a new message, go to the current page.