Beginners - August 2012 (Page 4)

by samrux
Putting a default icon to a program

As simple as that, how can I link a bmp or jpg or png image to my .exe when building it to be shown as the default icon for the file?
[3 replies] Last: Windows should automatically use the first icon in an executable as th... (by Athar)
Problem with buffer output

// prata 9-3 bufer new.cpp : Defines the entry point for the console application. // #include "stdafx.h" #include "iostream" #include <string> #include ...
[4 replies] Last: OMG! I just have understood! Thanks a lot! (by aliru777)
-Wall and -g flags

(1) What do these mean? (2) Where can I read standard documentation on them?
[1 reply] : Here: http://gcc.gnu.org/onlinedocs/gcc/Option-Summary.html#Option-Sum... (by Athar)
C++11

Hi im new to the forums and I was wondering how do i download C++11? or.. is it which compiler uses C++11? im not to sure :X but hopefully i think the jist of m...
[17 replies] Last: http://www.cplusplus.com/forum/general/76837/#msg412928 (by kbw)
getchar()

thE cOde is wOrking weLL the prObLem is with that getchar() user input it is nOt taking input frOm the usEr.......the cOde is weLL working with cin,getch() && g...
[1 reply] : Please use code tags, and what's with the random capitals ? That makes... (by Dash)
by Madguy
Input validation program

Hello everyone I'm making a program that only reads integers between 0-9 but I have a problem with the user being able to input over the max range (9). Check on...
[9 replies] Last: @Moonraker True, I was rushing and used || by mistake. Thanks everyon... (by Madguy)
by Ch1156
How to make a long float or something

Ok so in my game the player is given a billion dollars to start with, i have float money = 1000000000; but when i go to display the money it gives me a weird ...
[2 replies] Last: 1e+009 is 1 * 10^9, which is 1 billion. (by Lowest0ne)
System cannot find the file specified

hi all, Im using Microsoft visual C++ 2010 express Whenever I try to run the project its says, "Unable to start program 'C:\.......\debug\chapter_5.exe'...
[4 replies] Last: Great. Glad you fixed it. Usually when I get that error it's because... (by Moonraker)
Getting compiler errors on Mac

I've installed the latest XCode, have Max OS X 10.7.4, and have tried both Code Blocks and Eclipse Juno, both give me errors when I try to compile a simple Hell...
[3 replies] Last: Hi there, Here are some links that can help you: http://stackoverflo... (by closed account o3hC5Di1)
by Zu007
selecting sorting in array problem

for(i=0;i<5;i++) { cin>>arry ; } for(i=0;i<4;i++) for(j=i;j<4-i;j++) { if(arry >arry[j+1]) temp=arry ; arry =arry[j+1]; arry[j+1]=temp; } for(i=0;...
[3 replies] Last: At first we suppose that the minimum element is the first element of t... (by vlad from moscow)
Undeclared identifier.

Hello. I'm an absolute beginner at c++ and I could need some help with a problem of mine. I made a little "game" so to speak and I'm trying to make a label that...
[9 replies] Last: And for Moschops. Like I told you guys before, I'm using Microsoft Vi... (by Moschops)
I can't use strings (1,2)

I'm a real beginner and I'm just learning the very basics. So while I was studying from this website's documentation, I found out that my compiler(Turbo C++ v3....
[21 replies] Last: When creating the project, I'm sure I chose Borland C++ as the compil... (by Athar)
Some random generator trouble

Ok, so with my sudoku generator (its acutally kenken, but same principle) I made this for my generator: #include <iostream> #include <cstdlib>//for the rand()...
[2 replies] Last: Thanks! I was really puzzled, because everything I looked at checked o... (by kaseron)
What Other Code Will I Need?

Ok, I've only just started to learn C++ and so far it has been fairly painless. For my first programe I want to make a simple calculator. I've posted some co...
[2 replies] Last: I have a couple of observations. Space out your code a bit more. You... (by MrHutch)
Return s1 in the address of s2 (1,2)

#include <iostream> #include<string> using namespace std; char * strstr(const char *, const char *); void main() { char input1 , input2 ; cout<...
[20 replies] Last: I think you should input the text to search in first, and then the pat... (by R0mai)
by darryl
MENU

hi guys can you help me to my project i got lot to do so i dont know wer to start..one of my project is to write a menu driven program that allows the user to ...
[12 replies] Last: thinks for the advice..you know it is easier to me couz printf and sca... (by darryl)
How do I erase items of a vector?

Hallo, my problem is the following: I've created a list of game titles in a vector. Now I want that the user chooses which one to erase. And here is the p...
[5 replies] Last: Hallo, thank you for all the answers and help. Problem solved! (by sschmidt)
by hu7sy
can any1 make functions of the class n main function

#include<iostream> using namespace std; struct Date { unsigned short day; unsigned short month; unsigned short year; }; class list { priva...
[7 replies] Last: i cant describe anymore i thnk so it is enough for teacher (by hu7sy)
Help needed with hash trees

Hello, I'm a C++ newbie, but might have set myself a bit too much of a challenge here. I'm trying to re-implement the tree hash calculation required for Amazo...
[5 replies] Last: Athar, Thank you very much ! In the end, I scrapped my spaghetti cod... (by a sea of c)
ascii

#include <iostream> using namespace std; int main(){ int numeric; cout << "Give a number to convert to ascii: "; cin >> numeric; cout << "The ...
[5 replies] Last: thnxs gUyz...........:) (by biLmLik)
August 2012 Pages: 123456... 45
  Archived months: [jul2012] [sep2012]

This is an archived page. To post a new message, go to the current page.