Lounge - December 2013 (Page 5)

by taku
Trouble understanding?

I feel really silly asking this but, as im slowly trying to become a programmer and im just not getting it , im feeling like I need to give up everything I do ...
[6 replies] Last: Thank you for all the advice :) I am definitely going to keep trying a... (by taku)
Macs

Am I the only one on here that either uses macs or at least likes them? I feel like I'm the only one.
[7 replies] Last: I only use computers for programming. If I gave up programming right n... (by BHX)
how hackers become hacker? (1,2)

i was wondering that how much hackers learn before they become what they are known for. i also wish to become like one but i am lost from where to start..... ...
[38 replies] Last: @bhx oh ok my mistake (by closed account Dy7SLyTq)
by LB
What is it in out Brain that is sensitive to EMF? (1,2)

So, I assume you all know that EMF stands for Electro-Magnetic Field, and that everyone has varying degrees of EMF-sensitivity. I have experienced it myself ...
[30 replies] Last: I didn't believe it was going to harm me, in fact it took me a while ... (by TheBeardedQuack)
Java Servlet - Editing an HTML file

I've got a tomcat server running running for a project. The project is writing a servlet that takes a name, uses this name to issue a mysql query to a local dat...
[4 replies] Last: Hi, Im prorgamming a pdf converter in VB language, in which the pdf to... (by EisenhowerPDF)
counting

I'm a little confused about some concepts of counting. How many ways can you select a president, vice president, and treasurer in a club of 30 people? ...
[3 replies] Last: I think this detail is important: "All food will be shared among the f... (by Catfish666)
Mobile choice. (1,2,3)

Which is your favorite mobile/smartphone? And mention the reason. My favorite phone is iPhone 4s. reason: small, powerful, fast boot.
[41 replies] Last: I always avoided it because I had read repeatedly that there was a $1... (by BHX)
pygame books for python 2.5?

I want to learn pygame and i find tutorials to not be very helpful. The reason for this is because i want to know what every bit of code means and why it is the...
[3 replies] Last: no its fine. its just not backwards compatible with python 2 so you ha... (by closed account Dy7SLyTq)
by LB
Just timing puzzles? I call it art.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Cq_LDtG_nG4 Absolutely amazing, unique, and abstract. It doesn't matter that the game is simply timing puzzles, in my book it...
[3 replies] Last: I made a runthrough video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5FkHaFraR2w (by LB)
by Mats
AI Contest Type Thing (1,2,3)

Would anyone be interested in having a go at making an AI to play a game and we can have a little competition for who makes the strongest one? Just a friendly c...
[48 replies] Last: it's part of the game logics to find a path from both pawn to the ene... (by Lowest0ne)
(closed account) ghosts and username magic (1,2)

(closed account) I recognize that when a user closes an account that he/she will no longer post, but I'm not sure I like the fact that all past references to...
[29 replies] Last: Okay, after [quote=Duoas]you cannot present yourself to the universe..... (by Thumper)
by helios
x86/64 hooking

So, lately I've been getting into hooking since my job is directly related to it. This question is for the x86 gurus. Suppose there's a 3 byte instruction some...
[10 replies] Last: Why can't this offset address be modified before Thread A fetches the... (by helios)
Chromebook For Visual Studio/Code::Blocks

I dont know how the chromebook works. I know it has its only browser OS. I am thinking about getting one but before i get one can you install programs like code...
[4 replies] Last: Chrome OS does not support Code::Blocks. It only runs "chrome apps" f... (by closed account oGwfSL3A)
i want to learn computer hardware.

Like the title says, i want to learn about computer hardware. I want to know all the parts what they do and how they work. But i know close to nothing about ...
[4 replies] Last: I thought Code by Charles Petzold was a pretty good introduction to ... (by booradley60)
OS

I'm creating an OS https://github.com/Code-Apprentice/OS?source=cc How do you compile GRUB2 in Windows. I have Cygwin installed, but I still can't figure out...
[no replies]
please help me according this problem "serious people only"

Guys can any one please help me with "computer programming (C++)" HW : The assessor in your town has estimated the market value of all of the properties in t...
[2 replies] Last: You should move this to the Beginner forum by clicking edit on the fir... (by BHX)
Fresh Meat

Hey all, I'm tech1337 and this site has really helped me out so I have just signed up to mingle with like minded folk! I am reading BSc Software Engineering (...
[13 replies] Last: Used to drive on left, but now drives on right. Wow! How many accident... (by Mats)
by Snaksa
Got lost - I don't know what to do

Hello. I really don't know what to do. In the last year and a half I have been studying C++. I know the basics, how to work with data structures and classes. No...
[5 replies] Last: Thanks a lot for all replies. Looks like I will continue with Qt and t... (by Snaksa)
Can't read more then 1 topic

Can someone please help me progress faster but still learn. For some reason I'm progressing slowly in c++ Primer 5th edition just because I think I might miss ...
[6 replies] Last: Thanks, I'm not gonna rush anymore instead I'm gonna make sure I get e... (by closed account EwCjE3v7)
cplusplus's next project

after we finish chess++ i feel like we as a community should start implementing this: http://xkcd.com/1133/
[10 replies] Last: @naraku9333 Okay, was wondering how that worked :). (by BHX)
December 2013 Pages: 1... 34567
  Archived months: [nov2013] [jan2014]

This is an archived page. To post a new message, go to the current page.