Lounge - January 2013 (Page 2)

Help debugging a C# game

Hey guys, so wasn't sure where to put this since it involves C# programming and XNA and not C++ so I just put it here. I am currently learning C# and reading th...
[2 replies] Last: Yes that was currently working before I added the text, also I have tr... (by closed account 3qX21hU5)
Google Glasses (1,2)

Have you guys heard of these, this technology is kind of scary and pretty freaking cool http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Project_Glass Looks like they are even st...
[23 replies] Last: When i get them im gonna code me a terminator vision program. im gonna... (by devonrevenge)
Gunpowder

I was wondering about a Mythbuster episode I just watched. It was about some Star Trek dude who made a hand cannon and killed an alien. The Myth turned out t...
[15 replies] Last: I remember breathing apparatus training from when i was in the fire br... (by devonrevenge)
by BHX
Truth Tables Confuse Me

I've been learning python and using the learn python the hard way site, but got to exercise 27 and everything became confusing ( http://learnpythonthehardway.or...
[12 replies] Last: My brain must have just shut off because all a sudden it makes sense t... (by BHX)
Is there no book at all to learn recent opengl

All the books i see have varying reviews....they are either love or hate....is there any book out there for opengl recently(not 4.0 however my computer does not...
[8 replies] Last: I decided the get the opengl superbibble 5th edition and i must say i ... (by supperpiccle)
My online portfolio

Hey everybody, I'm making an online portfolio, to serve as a digital resume of some kind. I built this the last couple of days, I'd love constructive critic...
[4 replies] Last: Nice job. Pretty neat looking games too. (by htirwin)
Asynchronous Design

I've been working on a asynchronous network library meant to be used with the Teamspeak 3 remote server query. It will serve various purposes but for now, it's ...
[8 replies] Last: [quote=computerquip]I was thinking of using boost signal instead. I d... (by chrisname)
Age Of Empires II: The Conquerors (1,2)

Anyone have this game and want to play over Hamachi or Game Ranger? I'm getting kinda desperate to test my nooby skills on a real person :P
[30 replies] Last: Oh... Well, with bombard towers you hit 'em with bombard cannons. Bomb... (by closed account N36fSL3A)
Extraordinarily simple static 3D model format

So the time has come... As some of you might know, I've started writing a little FPS game using opengl that's going to be a little bit like DOOM95. (Will ed...
[4 replies] Last: I've got several modelers. Milkshape 3D, Blender, and Wings 3D on all ... (by BHX)
[Program]Save 10 seconds of your life.

Hello! I've made a program that creates a "main.cpp" in a new project.It is useful for time saving I think :) The code that is written in "main.cpp" is taken fr...
[6 replies] Last: [quote=cire]I don't know many people who use the command line for edit... (by BHX)
by CroCo
Microsoft Visual C++ 2010?

Is there any good books or videos explain the environment of Microsoft Visual C++ 2010? not the language.
[2 replies] Last: @Grey Wolf, Thank you so much. (by CroCo)
by CroCo
Adding API library for a project?

Hello all, I'm not sure how to ask this question. I like understanding c++ via real applications. Some libraries for example OpenCV, I have to add its heade...
[5 replies] Last: Thank guys so much. (by CroCo)
OOP can get confusing

in Java all classes derive/inherit one class. this is the object class. one of the methods in the object class is the toString() method this method converts the...
[5 replies] Last: A String in Java isn't a primitive type, so System.out.println(stringV... (by closed account 1yR4jE8b)
longest project you ever took on your own

guys ive been working on a project for almost 9 months:P of course off and on cause of my life and things happening...im only in the 10th grade hopeing to do th...
[15 replies] Last: I've been working on a project for over 17 years now. Thousands, possi... (by LB)
Is there a schmo out there, who spent his life learning something that is tottaly redundant and fruitless now?

Imagine you spent ten years of your life say mastering shell on the Amiga, and when the Amiga finally went to administration you sit in the local jobcenter or w...
[17 replies] Last: You can write an OS in any Turing-complete language*, and C++ is no ha... (by chrisname)
Free Open Source Kart Racer

SuperTuxKart (STK) is a fast and fun kart racing game that you can play with kids, parents or significant women in your life. STK is completely free and open ...
[2 replies] Last: Yeah, they've done an excellent job. I just beat the game in story mod... (by antoine32)
Is the Java security hole really a big issue? (1,2)

I just read ResidentBuscuit's recent post on Hacking and it reminded me of this recent "epidemic" I heard about on the news. They said that Java has a big gapin...
[24 replies] Last: Typo, sorry. Fixed. (by htirwin)
Programming language

ok this is to go along with my file extensions post. (I thought I might as well learn about that before I get started). but does anyone have good tutorial on ho...
[18 replies] Last: [quote=supperpiccle]i know that you learn from it but where would you ... (by Thumper)
by LB
Wat

This is fairly recent so I don't know if it's been posted already: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kXEgk1Hdze0 I couldn't stop laughing. Kind of sad though. ...
[6 replies] Last: It's an internet meme. I'm sure Googling "knowyourmeme wat" will help ... (by LB)
Tony Hoare's Faliure

I remember reading ealier that one of the reasons the Ada language didnt become very popular is that the famous computer scientist Tony Hoare bashed it at one o...
[13 replies] Last: I'm with ya supperpiccle (by James Parsons)
January 2013 Pages: 12345
  Archived months: [dec2012] [feb2013]

This is an archived page. To post a new message, go to the current page.