Lounge - January 2013 (Page 4)

Old Game Libs

I just found an old game we used to play in primary school (skyroads) and was wondering what game libraries/engines do you guys think those types of games used?...
[12 replies] Last: I say they should have a scale: The Devometer - measured as hours per ... (by Script Coder)
Good visual c++ and c# for beginners

What books do you recommend for a beginner?
[11 replies] Last: @Filiprei Is there any good books about algorithms that is for begi... (by vlad from moscow)
by Hidden
Im taking software engineering next year

So next year im gonna be a college and i just got interested in programming because its really really interesting i dont know how to explain my happiness typing...
[4 replies] Last: i was really planning to take a Culinary Arts in college until i hea... (by ResidentBiscuit)
Designer interfaces

Is there anything wrong with using these (VS designer, QT designer, etc.)? I've heard somewhere that at least for web development, using a WYSIWYG program to de...
[7 replies] Last: A GUI should not have a fixed layout in the first place, therefore GUI... (by LB)
Good BASIC Tutorials? (1,2)

Im starting BASIC and was wondering whether there are any good tutorials for beginners. I know its a bit odd that im starting this after learning C++ (the harde...
[22 replies] Last: Truer words have never been spoken... EDIT: Anyway, C# is really a pa... (by closed account LN7oGNh0)
Text editor highlighting

I'm a very visual person which means that colour coding makes things so much easier to read. Some common highlighting is: reserved keyworks: typedef , inl...
[3 replies] Last: That is exactly what I'm talking about. Too bad it's 99 USD. I've ju... (by Stewbond)
Sourcing this website in application development

Good day. I'm currently designing a Windows 8 application that describes the C99 Standard Library. This site seems to be a good source of information for the...
[1 reply] : That really isn't up to us, at all. You need to contact the administra... (by chrisname)
by tition
One of my worst math library design decisions:

Before you see my rant, what are the worst design decisions you ever made? ***here is one of mine: rant ahead*** I don't think any of my math colleagues would ...
[4 replies] Last: My polynomial implementation is actually quite more complicated than t... (by tition)
GameMaker Engine

So my friend has been raving for the past couple of days about the GameMaker engine and how amazing it is. I personally haven't used it but have heard about it....
[9 replies] Last: Use Unity for 3D and GameMaker for 2D. Simple as that. (by NGen)
Moving into a Large Codebase

I don't understand how people suddenly jump into a codebase and are able to implement a certain feature, small or large, given there little knowledge of the ent...
[8 replies] Last: I don't understand how people suddenly jump into a codebase and are a... (by closed account 3hM2Nwbp)
I need a code review for Caesar cipher (1,2,3)

I'm planning to add this to the Source Code section, especially because the Caesar cipher seems popular as a homework. I tried to write high quality, bare C+...
[53 replies] Last: Thanks for the link, cire. You mean values below 0, maybe? I thoug... (by Catfish3)
opengl z-buffer alpha sorting

I have a quick question if anyone's worked with this before... First off, I'm taking a side-trip from my 'norm' and writing a game! The game is (hopefully) go...
[11 replies] Last: You're looking for the painter's algorithm: http://en.wikipedia.org/wi... (by NGen)
Game programmer needed (1,2)

hi there. I am the lead of a small team working on a sidescrolling real-time 2d roguelike RPG. Currently on staff we have artists and musicians, but no progra...
[28 replies] Last: Okay, thanks. :) Good luck to you! (by Robbie Ogrenix)
Internship interview

So awhile back I had a thread asking what to expect in a software engineer internship interview, and I just had it today (phone interview). It was with the dire...
[5 replies] Last: I think I did pretty decent. I had pretty good answers for all the que... (by ResidentBiscuit)
by BHX
Which order do you recommend??? (1,2)

I've been wanting to learn several languages, but I just can't decide the order that would be easiest (granted I know C++, but sadly my OOP is pretty sad as I d...
[22 replies] Last: I think I am going to go with Script Coder's recommendation for the or... (by BHX)
The 'Lost In My Own Code' Feeling

How do you prevent getting confused in your own code? The 'I haven't worked on this project in three days and forgot everything sort-of-deal' I know using c...
[11 replies] Last: Generally when I'm designing a project, I lay out a set of internal me... (by closed account 3hM2Nwbp)
I want to further open my mind about programming, do i choose java or python?

I wanted to mess with sockets, threads and understand how the internet and high level languages work a little better generally, but the aim is to get a better v...
[8 replies] Last: But there are advantages to using Python over Matlab. First it's free... (by htirwin)
Amazon goof leads to me being rich~

Ok not really, but I got twice the money I should have for a trade in. Anyway, I've bought the book I need for this coming semester and on other, though I still...
[13 replies] Last: > I wish I was rich without it effecting inflation hehe. (by ne555)
Just Wondering...

I have started to use cheat engine recently, and was wondering how hard (or easy) would it be to make a program like that. And if that is very easy, then how ha...
[5 replies] Last: @Zereo: I was never intending to hack games... Im nowhere near to be t... (by closed account LN7oGNh0)
Every get this warning from google?

Safe Browsing Diagnostic page for dreamincode.net What is the current listing status for dreamincode.net? Site is listed as suspicious - visiting this web...
[3 replies] Last: I'm a Java programmer from Dream.In.Code (joined here so I could post ... (by extremeblueness)
January 2013 Pages: 12345
  Archived months: [dec2012] [feb2013]

This is an archived page. To post a new message, go to the current page.