Lounge - January 2013 (Page 3)

by dayo
Looking for Kickstarter'esque site advice please

Hi, I am writing in the hope that I could either get some advice or even better aquire a business partner with the technical ability to make a new crowd sou...
[no replies]
Syntax highlighting

I am going to write an assembly editor in java. I got this idea while working with FASM's fresh IDE. it had a asm edit control. I thought that was really cool,...
[no replies]
Host files

any url with '127.0.0.1' on the same line means it is blocked, right? If there are a whole bunch of these would it be ok to delete them. (meaning I would be abl...
[7 replies] Last: the HOST file is used to define custom name resolution. You're compute... (by Thumper)
Raspberry Update! (1,2)

Hey all! Just wanted to let you know that Raspberry Pies are flippin sweet! I've gotten mine up and running with some c++ code, and it's mega fun! I've been le...
[29 replies] Last: http://www.raspberrypi.org/phpBB3/index.php these guyz'l set you stra... (by devonrevenge)
"Hackers" blow my mind. (1,2,3)

http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/security/advisory/2794220 People seem to talk trash on "hackers" (crackers, whichever you wish to go with), but they have ...
[50 replies] Last: That's actually the other distro we're looking at. (by ResidentBiscuit)
VC++ 2010 Express requirements

Hi there i want to buy a small laptop,just for programming. I searched overall but i couldn't find the system requirements for Microsoft Visual C++ 2010 Expres...
[7 replies] Last: By the way, VC++ 2012 Desktop edition will run in Windows 7 instead of... (by LB)
I think I just got phished D:

I was creating a new account on some website that looked legit. I should have paid more attention to the web address... Anyways, some seconds later I got a warn...
[6 replies] Last: It looks to be an Apache server. Chances are it got hijacked. (by ResidentBiscuit)
BOOKs (1,2)

Does anyone know some good books I can read when my c++ book gets a bit dry. I don't want suggestions on books that just learns c++ for beginners, but something...
[20 replies] Last: Oh, yes I am considering buying it for the kindle. Getting the real th... (by closed account ETAkoG1T)
Windows ASM tutorial

I would like to know where I could find a good Windows assembly tutorial. I have looked it up but all that I find is DOS crap. I want it to be aimed at beginner...
[6 replies] Last: sorry about the extra line 8-| (by James Parsons)
by LB
Strongly-typed Duck-typed language, does it exist?

Go by Google is looking pretty good, in fact it is 90% satisfactory for me, but it isn't really intended for making games, which is what I would want to do with...
[14 replies] Last: [quote=Catfish3]Isn't Lisp code able to modify itself? I want to see a... (by LB)
by LB
I'm a pioneer

In the past and even to this day, when you create a game or application you set up the classes and such and some of them know about each other so that they can ...
[10 replies] Last: Reflection is not suitable either, not to mention that C# only appears... (by LB)
After thought on binary and computers that think more like our brains

One of my options for a Uni course is AI, im very exited about it but chose it simply because there wasn't 5 software engineering choices and in AI there would ...
[14 replies] Last: Am gonna plug myself in to my raspberry PI deus ex eat your heart out.... (by devonrevenge)
I cannot decide what to do with my future

I have been staring at my computer screen hoping I would come up with a miracle decision. Mechanical engineering, or electrical engineering. I cannot decide...
[8 replies] Last: I was really exited about electronics years ago i got quite far in an ... (by devonrevenge)
Why are APIs talked about on here? (1,2,3)

When I tried to google what APIs are the only understanding I could get is that they are for web-apps so I'm wondering why they are talked about on here in rela...
[57 replies] Last: Personally I didn't mind the basic VS editor either, just prefer it mo... (by closed account 3qX21hU5)
Weird output?

I wrote a small program that inputs a number n . then does 2 to the power of n . I realized afterwards that I did not include the 'maths' header but it still ...
[2 replies] Last: ok thank you. Sorry... (by closed account LN7oGNh0)
People who have more than 1000 posts.

To the people who have more than 1000 posts: Do you go back and check on the posts you made after a day or two to see any responses? Have you ever went back to ...
[15 replies] Last: a year you say... I know you're a linux guy, but wasn't it you that I... (by ResidentBiscuit)
by iggy
basic probability question

bag has 16 balls 4 are red-12 white if 2 balls are pulled -what is the prob. 1 is red? not returning 1st ball or pulling both at same time how can i calculate ...
[14 replies] Last: You see, but I should have stated first time and second time, sorry. (by Script Coder)
by NGen
Strangest Programming Bugs

While working on a program (or using someone else's), what are the strangest bugs that you have ever seen? For me: .: I was working on a game that made use ...
[6 replies] Last: .:. http://cplusplus.com/forum/beginner/88507/ Lesson 1 .:. Don'... (by closed account 18hRX9L8)
C# is The Language Of The Year (1,2,3)

Well I was looking at this website and found this interesting thing for you people. If you want to learn any programming language after C++ my recommendation is...
[51 replies] Last: C# is a language, Visual C# is a product in the same way C++ is a lang... (by kbw)
I need advice for a project I might pick up

Basically, I'm considering rolling a custom Linux distro designed to launch VMs and switch between them quickly, or run multiple in the foreground simultaneousl...
[2 replies] Last: That's more or less what I was thinking. But hey, completing it would ... (by Cheraphy)
January 2013 Pages: 12345
  Archived months: [dec2012] [feb2013]

This is an archived page. To post a new message, go to the current page.