Lounge - December 2012

Dev C++ is updated!!!

For those who don't know, the Dev C++ project has been picked up by Orwell at http://www.orwelldevcpp.blogspot.com/
[8 replies] Last: Dev C++ Orwell doesn't even tell you whats wrong with your program lik... (by closed account 18hRX9L8)
by ne555
No real lyrics

I'm looking for songs were the lyrics aren't words but just syllables that together sounds good (no actual meaning, made up languages are welcome too) Some exa...
[12 replies] Last: Hoppipolla-Sigur Ros http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lzAhcSaDqp4 In... (by closed account 18hRX9L8)
Mozilla Nightly

I have just downloaded it, have not formed much of an opinion yet. What do you guys think?
[1 reply] : Thanks, just downloaded it, I had Firefox before so everything got swi... (by closed account 18hRX9L8)
by S G H
To all cplusplus active answerers (1,2)

Last Update: 28 dec 2012 Ever wondered how you could hold all of your favourite, common links every newbie asks for, like std::vector, or why system is evil, ...
[21 replies] Last: Big updates: Happily removed the 'reference' from the bools, for plea... (by S G H)
Hardware Advice

So at the moment I'm building my dream computer that I have been wanting (and saving for ;p) for a lifetime. I've got most of my components and just need some R...
[5 replies] Last: I'll vouch for the ASUS Sabretooth series. I used the Z77 model in la... (by closed account 3hM2Nwbp)
The DoEverything Function Challenge

Hi guys, I have an outline for a DoEverything function. /* C++ Public Libraries */ #include <stdio.h> #include "genlib.h" #include "simpio.h" /* C++ Private ...
[4 replies] Last: Although I like the idea of a program that figures out what you want t... (by chrisname)
Merry Christmas!

Merry Christmas everyone, hope yours is full of joy! And if you don't celebrate Christmas, Happy "just another day of the year!" Haha. Hope today is full o...
[3 replies] Last: Merry (late) Christmas! :D (by strongdrink)
Promoting C++11 and the STL (1,2,3)

See this thread: http://cplusplus.com/forum/lounge/88581/ My idea is simple: I think we should start writing articles that promote the use of C++'s features...
[46 replies] Last: [quote=Stewbond]I'm glad I never learned from you. Incidentally, I ... (by closed account 3hM2Nwbp)
How did you start learning C++? (1,2,3,4)

Mine was when I was on work placement and the company I worked for used it. I had done Java all through college and learning C++ was a challenging and new exper...
[66 replies] Last: A few posts didn't bother me, but a few posts every week for 11 years ... (by BHX)
Question about GRUB

Through circumstance, a friend acquired a server mother board with 64Gigs of ram installed with room (and compatibility) to double it. As well, he has a SSD or ...
[6 replies] Last: Use a Ramdisk? http://www.cyberciti.biz/faq/howto-create-linux-ram-di... (by closed account 1yR4jE8b)
Interview, what to expect? (1,2)

I have a phone interview for a software engineering intern position at a major IT company. I'm not too sure what to expect here, the email just mentioned it'll ...
[35 replies] Last: We do have round, oval and rectangular manholes here in Poland. I have... (by rapidcoder)
Help with rephrasing

I recently wrote an article, and this is its introduction: The Caesar cipher encrypts by shifting the alphabet. The alphabet doesn't contain digits or symbols...
[11 replies] Last: @ fun2code: ask the administrator. ("twicker", "admin"?) As far as I'... (by Catfish3)
Something Cool I Found.

Well, I think it's cool. #include <iostream> using namespace std; int main() { char map = { " ", " ", "...
[4 replies] Last: I assume that's what this is about: Also, your program will stop run... (by closed account D80DSL3A)
by LB
Supported targets

I must be an idiot or something because I've spent days searching and I cannot for the life of me figure out where to find any kind of list of supported targets...
[3 replies] Last: In the case of GCC, a command line argument can be passed that causes ... (by helios)
SourceCode

When will be the source code section of this site will be open? What type of code will be there? Can I put some of my project there?
[4 replies] Last: It's not pessimism, I just don't think there's any need for it. We hav... (by chrisname)
Hello everyone, I am a beginner.

I feel confused in the smart pointer and recursive. I was watching C++ Primer Plus. Can give some advice for the beginners.
[1 reply] : Can give some advice for the beginners. Post in the correct forum. ... (by cire)
What is this folder?

I am running Windows 7 and I decided to clean out my files to conserve memory. All this is normal. But, I came across this folder: C:\6a019877ffff9e0910386...
[8 replies] Last: hash keys** was the word i was looking for. Not sure why i spit out "h... (by Thumper)
Stupid question...

How the hell does one actually get a C# program going with VS2012? All I want to do is create one class by myself, but the best option I can find creates it all...
[5 replies] Last: C# doesn't need anything like that because of the way its symbol resol... (by chrisname)
VS2012 opinions?

I finally got around to getting it myself (was delaying due to that crap with Secure download manager and the only option being an .iso). Anyway, I'd say it's s...
[13 replies] Last: @NGen I'm running off a SSD also, so yeah i suppose it's hard to see d... (by Thumper)
Emacs is insane

So here I was minding my own business, cranking out some code for about an hour. Then suddenly, emacs decides to change how many spaces my tab is. Goes from 2 t...
[17 replies] Last: Most modern IDEs have a VIM or Emacs mode that you can enable in the ... (by ascii)
December 2012 Pages: 123... 6
  Archived months: [nov2012] [jan2013]

This is an archived page. To post a new message, go to the current page.