Lounge - June 2012 (Page 4)

Are lexers generally ugly?

I'm trying to write a lexer for a language that's a bit like GLSL (I had an idea to write a window system that is controlled entirely by things similar to shade...
[19 replies] Last: It's not that I don't appreciate suggestions, I just think it's easier... (by chrisname)
Is anyone here into EPROM programming?

I came across an electronics magazine a while ago and there were adverts for purchase of 'Eprom' programmer units. I have looked online about this and it seems ...
[1 reply] : Not really much into this, just because of the Expensiveness part. And... (by S G H)
Howtomates.com | The best place to learn programming and Ask Programming related questions.

Hi, This is Usama Noman, the Admin and CEO of www.howtomates.com. I welcome you to my website. You are welcome to contribute to the world of computer science. ...
[no replies]
1337-speak

Basically, a 1337 (leet) practice thread. Post an English Question in leet. Answer in leet. Ask another question. Next person answer's that in leet. And so on a...
[18 replies] Last: It's amusing how off-topic this thread has become. Pretty much an enti... (by Ahaanomegas)
Euro 2012 - are you interested?

I normally look forward to football tournament but for some reason don't feel enthusiastic about Euro 2012. I suppose it might get better as it goes on.
[1 reply] : Me neither. I a) Don't watch football anyway b) Know that my country'... (by closed account 10oTURfi)
trends?

Am I the only one who's noticed so many people online are really similar? Here's some trends I've noticed: 1, Playing the exact same video games (with the occ...
[6 replies] Last: I'd go with Disch, especially 1-5 But I also noticed that there aren'... (by Beammeup)
Has Anyone Tried Making Their Own IDE?

I'm looking for a new project to get bored with and later abandon and this popped in my head due to, IMO, the low number of IDE options available. Sitting here ...
[14 replies] Last: printf debugging is not any more difficult than using a debugger, espe... (by rapidcoder)
contact google via email? (1,2)

Can anyone help me find out what google's email address is? I was able to find it once when I had a question about google books, but I don't remember how I foun...
[22 replies] Last: They responded saying that the records of the account had been purged ... (by science man)
This thread is totally pointless. (1,2)

Let's tell a story, one sentence/paragraph at a time. Once upon a time, there was a dog.
[38 replies] Last: The ice cream wasn't tested well enough so it had a little side effect... (by Supermario)
Hello everyone

Hi everyone, I haven't found an introduction thread yet but maybe there isn't one. So I decided to start a new thread. My name is Peter, I'm from Pittsburg...
[1 reply] : Hey, pretty neat that someone started an introduction thread. My name... (by Supermario)
MASM32 LNK2001 error, anyone know how to fix?

Hey when I try to compile a very basic program on windows 7 64bit with masm32 I get the following error : hello.obj : error LNK2001: unresolved external sym...
[3 replies] Last: http://www.acm.uiuc.edu/sigwin/old/workshops/winasmtut.pdf (by BlackSheep)
What Font Do You Use For Programming?

I use OCR A Extended & Lucida Sans Typewriter. Wazzak
[16 replies] Last: Courier New! All the characters are aligned, good space between charac... (by dkl65)
Profile managing forbidden in Yahoo?

Because apparently you're only one year old.
[8 replies] Last: What? People still use C++? (by Catfish2)
XCode

Anyone know XCode? :)
[3 replies] Last: I know OF Xcode. (by Disch)
Groan...

Let me start off by saying: I hate any hardware that can break without using a hammer on it. Quote Reference: http://www.xtremesystems.org/forums/showthread....
[1 reply] : http://dl.dropbox.com/u/20152131/XhCUb.gif (by NGen)
Nootropics... (1,2)

Anyone ever hear of these type of "smart drugs" before? I want to take them to help me on my programming studies. I have been studying on them for the past few ...
[28 replies] Last: Re diet. Need a broad diet to assure that you are getting enough amino... (by eXistenZ)
How to display code tags?

I have seen plenty of others do it, but I can't figure out how to post a right or left bracket like such without the bbc code trying to read it. For example, ...
[6 replies] Last: Oh, I misunderstood what you meant. Sorry. (by closed account 1yR4jE8b)
Apparently using the same language makes two pieces of software tied... (1,2)

At the risk of opening a shit storm of a thread, I just thought I'd share an example of why I hate fox news. According to this article, Both angry birds and...
[26 replies] Last: @tition If not a secret, which country are you from? Having lived for... (by Gaminic)
queue linked list

hi, my group and i would like to create a program about vacation package by using queue linked list.can you guys help us? Approach:Our project report wil...
[no replies]
by Naureg
Slow internet at night

This has only just recently happened, my internet has started becoming extremely slow at night. What's weird is I have my home internet and my mobile phone but ...
[9 replies] Last: The bandwidth after the DSLAM, where lots of ADSL ISP's use ATM, can ... (by kbw)
June 2012 Pages: 12345
  Archived months: [may2012] [jul2012]

This is an archived page. To post a new message, go to the current page.