Lounge - August 2013

Have you ever wanted something you dont need but you just want it? I want a crowbar. (1,2,3)

I have been looking at them on line the best yet is JCBs demolition bar, im yet to find a red or a blue one. I cant think of a use I will have for one just yet...
[41 replies] Last: I wouldn't want a pole for touching purposes if he was too tall, sry i... (by devonrevenge)
guys i need a hex editor

i want to download a free hex editor, but as im new to hex editors i dont know which are real and which are viruses. any recommendations?
[7 replies] Last: Here's another good one. http://www.mitec.cz/hex.html (by vin)
by LB
Computerphile's video about Imperative vs Functional

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sqV3pL5x8PI Besides the obvious (and trivial) mistake with commas instead of semicolons, what are your thoughts? I don't r...
[6 replies] Last: @LB I was trying to illustrate that folding transcends paradigms. As... (by Cubbi)
Transposition of formulae, is very important/helpfull programming skill, Im stuck

So im improving maths but I cant work out how to get to the correct answer with this algebraic chunk; with E=mv 2 + mgh find what v is. i actually have the...
[11 replies] Last: really?? OMG they are identicle!!! no wonder I was stuck for ages ! ... (by devonrevenge)
Terminator!!!

*this isnt about the movie* so i would just like to tell more people about this, because it makes it easier than having to switch between tabs and windows. its...
[5 replies] Last: I switch between Tmux, Terminator and Guake. There lately I have been ... (by closed account 3qX21hU5)
So we Live in a Black Hole... (1,2,3,...,8,9,10,11)

Well, I've been reading a few interesting theories on the creation of our universe, and creation from a black hole is very, very interesting. Basically, our ...
[210 replies] Last: Well, yeah mostly. And, I know what you guys probably said. Okay, I ... (by closed account jwkNwA7f)
Art software for a world map

I am starting development for my first 3D game and a lot of the game play will take place on a large map that shows the where all of your units are and your geo...
[2 replies] Last: Yes that link is exactly what I need. Thank you. (by GrantPlusPlus)
by Daleth
GDB download

Is the download supposed to include an executable already? Because for the life of me I cannot find it in my download (ver7.6). I've looked at similar questions...
[15 replies] Last: You can. But to be quite serious, if you're on Windows, just use the V... (by closed account S6k9GNh0)
cyanogenmod

I was thinking of getting it. I am still unsure on whether or not it is worth it or any good. I was hoping you guys could help convince me one way or another. ...
[2 replies] Last: Thank you for the reply. Off topic: I have just read your bio, and do... (by Script Coder)
Are there any good engines for a large board game like feel for a game.

I am close to starting development on a large strategy game in which you can move units across a large playing area, that resembles game play of games like Civi...
[5 replies] Last: Ok, I would like that. I think I will just code the framework myself. ... (by GrantPlusPlus)
Simon Says Game in Java, I'm freaking out because I can't get any further

//I ended up not using the online example at all, it was only making it more difficult //this is my doing from top to bottom package isay; import javax....
[11 replies] Last: OK, good luck - I hope you can pass :\ (by LB)
New Project Idea - Need thoughts and suggestions

I was sitting down the other day talking to a friend of mine and he mentioned his wife giving me her old laptop but wanted me to copy her pictures, music, and m...
[17 replies] Last: @cire I just wanted to say thank you for sharing your idea, and code, ... (by Volatile Pulse)
by Manga
ITS AN OBJECT!!!!

Ok, so I have been working on this program for a while now. It is a sudoku puzzle board generator. Now I don't know why but about half way through the program I...
[5 replies] Last: @Disch(10209)... @Me(215)... "does not seem all that complex" ... (by Manga)
Talks about getting a lightweight graphics library in the C++ standard (1,2)

https://groups.google.com/a/isocpp.org/forum/#!topic/graphics/khpaiq5HRpE Was reading through it today and seemed interesting though in all reality if this d...
[24 replies] Last: [quote=Chrisname]But can we get a container whose size is fixed at run... (by maeriden)
Pranks

What are some of the best pranks you can think of?
[15 replies] Last: > I imagine that terminating the explorer is just to get rid of the st... (by LB)
by prab74
C++ and GDB ..

How do we know what version of gcc and gdb are compatible on Linux?
[2 replies] Last: so that mean we can mix any versions of gcc and gdb ... ok ... Thanks ... (by prab74)
'GetKeyNameTextW' : cannot convert parameter 2 from 'char [255]' to 'LPWSTR'

Error 1 error C2664: 'GetKeyNameTextW' : cannot convert parameter 2 from 'char ' to 'LPWSTR' c:\Win32Project7.cpp 60 1 Win32Project7 Error 2 error C2440: '=' ...
[7 replies] Last: Everything in Windows uses the wide forms interally. Using the narrow... (by Disch)
Conway's Game Of Life

Here is something I've thrown just together with some spare time, let me know how I did. The most surprising thing about this is how watchable the whole thing i...
[4 replies] Last: Wow, thanks for the feed back! I've added a pause feature using the sp... (by Computergeek01)
Developers and Depression

http://youtu.be/yFIa-Mc2KSk I would like to share this video I saw a few days ago. I believe that keeping your mental health in check is a very important su...
[8 replies] Last: [quote=Disch]I want to say self-medication... but what's the opposite ... (by chrisname)
Unclosable program

So, what I think you could do, is make a program where a global variable is your own class. Then, in the destructor, you make it call main() again. So whenev...
[16 replies] Last: ^ n1. Check your mail :D j/k (by S G H)
August 2013 Pages: 123... 8
  Archived months: [jul2013] [sep2013]

This is an archived page. To post a new message, go to the current page.