Lounge - August 2013 (Page 2)

If you are up to learn directx

I'm currently reading maths(introduction to directx),so basically i've just started.Invite me to skype -Mantasxxl3,if you are up to start learning it too (you...
[no replies]
Combinatorics Problem (Mathematics Heavy)

I have been trying to work this out for the past few days, and have not gotten very far. Assume there are N objects and N places to put them in (N 1 to N N ...
[17 replies] Last: @abhishekm71 Yes I know, that is why the original problem asked for a ... (by Script Coder)
Money Management

So, I have about 150 dollars coming my way. I'm debating on what to do with it. Should I put it towards a new PC, or should I spend it on hanging out with my...
[9 replies] Last: Instead of a new computer I need another. Seriously, mine is messed u... (by closed account N36fSL3A)
by Null
Polls (1,2)

Hi, as you might know, I have been working on poll system for this forum, and it's nearly complete! Please take a minute and test it 1. visit http://sandbox.c...
[28 replies] Last: Worked for me too on FF 23.0.1 (by closed account jwkNwA7f)
How can I use whitespaces to improve code readability (1,2,3)

Hi! I have read code written by experienced programmers on this site and elsewhere. What I have noticed is that sometimes it takes much more effort to re...
[53 replies] Last: Yes. Thank you, LB, that was it exactly. (by Disch)
(Probably) A Vision Related Question

I have been wondering this for some time now, and have no idea under what topic this question falls, but I figure you guys would (as always) have the answer. ...
[7 replies] Last: Wow, thank you. Such a simple question having such a complex answer. (by Script Coder)
by LB
Read topics reset when closing browser

This has been happening since I first ever registered on the forums a couple years ago, and I am annoyed it still hasn't gone away. In any browser I use, on any...
[1 reply] : Yes, and it has been annoying me ever since I first joined this forum.... (by closed account jwkNwA7f)
VS error

I am making a game in Visual Studio 2012. VS is coming up with a lot of errors, when I am almost positive there isn't any. For example: error CS2653 'Image'...
[5 replies] Last: Okay, now I feel stupid. I left out the ';' for two classes. Thanks ... (by closed account jwkNwA7f)
DirectX9 or DirectX11 (1,2,3)

I am learning DirectX and I have heard that DirectX9 is better in some ways. So, which one should I use? Also, what is the difference? Thank you!
[46 replies] Last: Directx = Direct x ,so direct x and draw something..if you get me ... (by Foxefde)
How much watts is my power supply

Hello the i was planning or buying this graphics card. http://www.pcworld.ie/Product/EVGA-NVIDIA-GeForce-GTX-650Ti-SSC-PCIE-Graphics-Card-1-GB/312692/146 ...
[7 replies] Last: Lumpkin my pc is an acer aspire M3201 but there are different versions... (by closed account EwCjE3v7)
Holy crap an annoying Fedora 19 bug

After installing my fresh, shiny new copy of Fedora 19 in VirtualBox, I went and dutifully installed the Guest Additions (which was a pain, mind you) -- an...
[2 replies] Last: LOL! But the bug is in Gnome, not X. I don't like Gnome anyway, so af... (by Duthomhas)
Questions about blind programming.

Hi, I have discussed this topic before but I feel like I want to bring this up again, since it is important. I am currently taking up programming again, alth...
[7 replies] Last: Like you say, there are successful blind programmers. It sounds diffi... (by htirwin)
C++ Primer for second book?

Hi, I just finished my fist C++ book, Beginning C++ Through Game Programming, Third Edition by Michael Dawson. It was a good book that taught the basics of C++ ...
[3 replies] Last: Thanks for the replies. I started C++ Primer yesterday and it seems cl... (by closed account SNR21hU5)
Can the Admin change this?

OK, so whenever I click link, it changes this tab to that website. I think it would be better to have it open in a new tab as default. If you agree, reply sa...
[14 replies] Last: @Duoas There is the shift-ctrl-click to open tabs with focus but I ag... (by closed account 3qX21hU5)
Prepaid MasterCard

Hello there I went today to get a Prepaid MasterCard. When I asked the person (women working in the shop)that how will I receive the code to verify me. She...
[8 replies] Last: Making orders online, I'm sure. (by Cheraphy)
by Ch1156
C++ anti piracy algorythim (1,2)

I was thinking up a new way to protect data, here is what i came up with, please tell me if its possible. Here is 2 of them i think the second ones better 1....
[26 replies] Last: Eh, I guess. Sort of in the same boat. (by closed account S6k9GNh0)
sprites (1,2)

Does anyone know of a free sprite library that can be used in a pay-for game? Also what is a good program for making sprites?
[36 replies] Last: Thanks for the info, I guess the blender coders don't have the best pr... (by closed account N36fSL3A)
Finding c++ primer 5th edition kinda hard (1,2)

So I'm finding c++ primer 5th edition hard. Becuz the excercises are not fully based on what u read and ppl have been sayings that's its for a intermediate and ...
[22 replies] Last: His videos still show why they are not the best. He does leave out thi... (by BHX)
Best command line (1,2)

You are just walking around waiting for your best friend at his place for <insert reason here> when he tells you to come inside because he has something great t...
[35 replies] Last: > I'd understand if English isn't your primary language I wouldn't. Tr... (by ne555)
Why does copying of content corrupt files?

Hi. I just made my first encryptor/decryptor program in C++.It can encrypt any text files without any problems at all. However, I wanted to be able to encryp...
[6 replies] Last: Ok, I know how to do it now. Thanks for the help. I'm looking forward ... (by Zerpent)
August 2013 Pages: 1234... 8
  Archived months: [jul2013] [sep2013]

This is an archived page. To post a new message, go to the current page.