Lounge - June 2019

Spam report messages

Does anyone read them? Does it matter that I just hit a few random dfqr with my left hand with my right hand poised on the mouse button hovering over submit?
[6 replies] Last: onomatopoeia...that's what cats do. (by closed account z05DSL3A)
At the third stroke, it will be 12:30:00 precisely

Curiosity about this forum's clock drift. Edit: 12:33:00 Last edited on Jun 26, 2019 at 12:38pm Edit: 09:00:00 - Sun 14/07/2019
[2 replies] Last: The drift has been getting worse over time. Some months ago it use to ... (by zapshe)
by Nndisy
do I need a Java or C++ course?

I am an undergraduate in actuarial science. I have taken a programming course in Visual Basic. I am just not so sure if I need to take another one in Java or C+...
[9 replies] Last: SQL is likely important (database control and access), especially if y... (by jonnin)
by Borneq
Legality of reverse engineering of database file specification

I wanna write free and open source Disk Catlog program like WhereIsIt.Usually files from WhereIsIt are exported to xml and some programs as WinCatalog uses this...
[9 replies] Last: Well, if it's patented there's no need to reverse engineer it. The det... (by helios)
Coding wise, why is internet explorer rather slow?

Most browsers today are made with the very language this site is based on, c++. I read older internet explorer was made with javascript, is this the cause of it...
[2 replies] Last: "The internet" is not the same beast it was 15, 10, or even 5 years ag... (by Duthomhas)
Opinion on this claim (1,2,3,4)

A christian website said In recent years, there have been many findings of “wondrously preserved” biological materials in supposedly ancient rock layers a...
[79 replies] Last: I see. I haven't bought an external keyboard to use since that would b... (by zapshe)
The matter of using libido triggering images in order to make people click an article (1,2,3,...,5,6,7,8)

Mainly directed to a specific person We set off like this(not fully verbatim): *person 1* "On my Chinese friend's laptop, it shows news from China, which...
[148 replies] Last: I don't really like the idea of crediting a fictional person for a qu... (by zapshe)
by Mapler
My Ongoing Struggles in Making a C++ Game

I just want to give a short story of my attempts at learning how to program and what I do today in the realm of programming. My motivation for writing code was...
[10 replies] Last: No need to go to C# for graphics, @Hammad Ali Cocos2d-x is perfect f... (by closed account 367kGNh0)
How would the SAW killer test a hacker? (1,2,3,4)

If you don't know who the fictional person John Kramer is, you'll have to do some research to understand this post well. But anyway: Say there is a guy who o...
[73 replies] Last: I see, also noticed, back, when john heard a policy he didn't like, he... (by closed account 367kGNh0)
Have you seen yourself on google maps?

Of course I will not ask you to send the page, but have you been in the image of an iconic google maps car, and put online? I have and find it rather nice havin...
[2 replies] Last: They just update them, you can access the older ones (by closed account 367kGNh0)
That was a new spam tactic (1,2,3)

I just deleted a spam post that tried to keep it under the radar by a short, normal looking link and what looks like a question in a foreign language (Indonesia...
[41 replies] Last: The issue is that it wouldn't deter spammers. Spammers don't care if ... (by MikeyBoy)
Does the mention of others flaws impact your own reality

Think of the title like this. Your work cubicle is situated next to, and in earshot, of a colleague who constantly complains about the difficulty of the very t...
[1 reply] : No, more likely the complaining will add to my ego since I find the ta... (by zapshe)
Suddenly you appear behind them

Perhaps you are familiar with, and certainly disregard, articles with utterly distasteful titles like "XYZ should read this" "XYZ will shock you" "XYZ is so ...
[4 replies] Last: View page source often shows the whole article or a link to it that c... (by helios)
Can you inform me of a loophole here?

I am conceptualising an online boardgame. This is the starting set up: https://imgur.com/a/8X7Aew9 This game has six players (ideally an online server) and ...
[8 replies] Last: Whoever clicks first gets the spot, PERFECTLY simultaneous click? I ... (by keskiverto)
When having recalled the inevitable, what do you do?

If you are fortunate enough to still have them among you, one day, it is possible you be alive to have two caller ID's never visible on the small LED screen of ...
[6 replies] Last: believe me this is real life It's not a real word. Sight and sound ... (by closed account 367kGNh0)
Forum BBCode and Formatting Help

I have occasionally been asked about formatting stuff here on the forum. AFAIK, there is no official document describing the site’s markup. This thread is d...
[10 replies] Last: Forever bump #1 (by Duthomhas)
  Archived months: [may2019] [jul2019]

This is an archived page. To post a new message, go to the current page.