Lounge - March 2015 (Page 2)

c++ standard on class memory

Am I right in saying that the C++ standard defines what certain types of class must include (instance table pointer, virtual function table pointer, inherited m...
[3 replies] Last: I meant inheritance table, as in your base classes (don't know if I m... (by TheBeardedQuack)
by LB
using std::swap; using std::begin; using std::end;

http://ericniebler.com/2014/10/21/customization-point-design-in-c11-and-beyond/ For a long time I had never been concerned about having to write using std::...
[10 replies] Last: fair enough. ill ask on IRC or perhaps in another thread (by Little Bobby Tables)
Meetups, Hackathons, Social Stuff

Are you all parts of any meetup groups or anything related to software development? Have you had good luck meeting cool people? I've been to one, but it was...
[4 replies] Last: That wishful thinking is just pure imagination XD I never expect to se... (by TheBeardedQuack)
by poteto
Can moderators modify peoples posts to have code tags?

Because way too many people are not using them, mainly because half of the posts are from people who just joined the forum, and the immediately leaving after th...
[19 replies] Last: My addon already has the codeize button. It's disabled by default; you... (by S G H)
P vs NP

In recent threads in other forums, and in general, I have noticed that most people make the incorrect assumption that NP stands for Non-Polynomial. Many even c...
[6 replies] Last: It would say that whenever there was a turn in the path of the forest... (by MiiNiPaa)
by leo255
Getting Internships/jobs while in Computer Science Grad Programs?

Hello, I've been accepted to a few schools, Cal State Los Angeles and Cal State Northridge, for their Masters in CS programs (maybe not a huge accomplishment, ...
[1 reply] : This is something I had wondered for a quite a while - thanks for brin... (by closed account 13bSLyTq)
Gmail Drive.

LINK REMOVED. I apologise if I have offended this forum, all I wanted was an impeccable source of free learning for everybody.
[16 replies] Last: @LittleBobbyTables I'm confused on why you did all that. All Zereo sai... (by Cody0023)
How to receive the job in PhP?

Hey guys, I am new to the whole development field but I am a foreign programming student so I can read/write code.( But I'm really a newbie in C++) After return...
[4 replies] Last: http://workplace.stackexchange.com/questions/tagged/software-industry (by ResidentBiscuit)
by Shawl
Tool or any application to creating a basic software in C++?

Hi guys, I'm a newbie to C++ programming and I have learned a few basic things about it and I look forward to continue coding.Though, i have a small question,lo...
[6 replies] Last: >what would vb have to do with this? >>>But I don't want the informat... (by megatron 0)
An open letter from 47 senators to Iran officials

Signed by these senators, was a letter sent to officials in Iran that attempt to explain the political legal system in America, with the end result being that t...
[1 reply] : That's what the left is saying which is weird twist giving that "treas... (by Cody0023)
Instruments :D

Just wondered if there was anyone here who plays an instrument or instruments. And whats your favourite peice to play . Love playing my piano and harmonica haha...
[6 replies] Last: Clarinet, Piano, and Bass would be the main ones. I can do other instr... (by TwilightSpectre)
Python help please

So I am trying to count the number of spaces in a sentence but I am doing something wrong since its giving me the number of letter def countSpaces(sentence,s):...
[4 replies] Last: Look up how a for loop processes things. If you have to do it like thi... (by TwilightSpectre)
game jam tips

Hi, so basically my tutor in college has asked people in my software development class if there are any volunteers to go to a game jam, ofcourse i said yes stra...
[1 reply] : Make pong. If you even have time left over, polish it. Not trying to ... (by LB)
by Nezar
Wierd problem

Hey, I had dual booted win 8 with ubuntu but after I upgraded win 8 to win 8.1, the other os which is ubuntu disappeared. I formatted the drive that containe...
[12 replies] Last: @IWishIKnew Did you even read giblit's and my posts? (by naraku9333)
Hobbies

What do you have as hobbies? (Apart from coding ;) ) Love RC stuff and ps3 haha. Military tactics and history books Piano Harmonica :D What are yours? :)
[14 replies] Last: One of my favourite hobbies is teaching under privileged teenagers com... (by megatron 0)
by ty54
Master's in high-performance computing using C++?

I'm currently studying for my Master's in a STEM field. I use alot of C++ and the code also uses parallel programming. I'm aware some jobs exist as supercomputi...
[4 replies] Last: If you get a Masters in HPC, I would think you will have a much bette... (by ty54)
by Disch
Lines that make you instantly hate a character

This is pretty random. In Season 3 ep 1 of the new Dr. Who (the first episode with Martha Jones), Martha's sister Tish is talking on the phone, and they're s...
[2 replies] Last: Any line said by any character played by Wanda Sykes. She really plays... (by chrisname)
by Disch
Normalized distribution probability (1,2)

So I'm trying to help some guy in another thread, and I have an idea for a solution to his problem, but it involves doing some statistical stuff that I don't kn...
[21 replies] Last: Fair enough. A polynomial of degree zero is not necessarily a good a... (by tition)
Who else has seen this "Row-Hammer" stuff?

Here's the article: http://googleprojectzero.blogspot.com/2015/03/exploiting-dram-rowhammer-bug-to-gain.html It's interesting to know that we've gotten so sm...
[2 replies] Last: Maybe it's the name that is misleading me? It's a bit -flip, not a b... (by Computergeek01)
OpenGL will become VULKAN

Tomorrow (March 3th, 2015) during GDC (Game Developers Conference), details concerning the successor to OpenGL will be displayed by Valve. The successor will be...
[11 replies] Last: Actually, I just realized the title of this thread is wrong. OpenGL is... (by NoXzema)
March 2015 Pages: 123
  Archived months: [feb2015] [apr2015]

This is an archived page. To post a new message, go to the current page.