Lounge - September 2016

Delete posts

Mods/Admins please delete the posts made by zackary13 at the following two locations http://www.cplusplus.com/forum/beginner/37075 http://www.cplusplus.com...
[6 replies] Last: If you want to delete your 4-year-old posts yourself, why don't you ju... (by SakurasouBusters)
by avery
Backup for Android

Hello, im searching an APP for Android and IOS which can do a backup, any suggestions?
[5 replies] Last: That was my opinion, you didn't have to start an debate on it! (and yo... (by closed account oNA4216C)
Discord cplusplus.com

I used discord quite often for gaming, for communicating with functional programming club members at my old university, and for work. I thought that maybe a di...
[4 replies] Last: Gitter is much more ugly than Discord if you ask me. (by SakurasouBusters)
Trash Gamers looking for clanmates in COC

Hi everyone if you can and if you want plz join my clan Trash Gamers it is a new clan and I want more people for war. Free elder if you join. Rules are in the c...
[7 replies] Last: http://www.pocketgamer.biz/feature/45814/chart-rush-making-of-clash-of... (by shadder)
Is hacking that easy?

I've been dealing with computer science fields (including operating systems, programming, software, hardware and so on) since years ago and know that each field...
[3 replies] Last: I said to edit and move the topic to this section! [quote=Tomfranky... (by shadder)
How Can JavaScript Be Malicious?

Honesty, I am at a complete loss of how JavaScript could possibly be malicious. I mean, it seems like such a well sand-boxed language that I don't understand h...
[3 replies] Last: Yes, in theory probably any language could be malicious, but the reaso... (by da peppester)
by cire
Thread deletion (1,2)

I am curious why the thread in the Lounge titled "This place has gone to shit" (or something very close to that effect) was deleted without admin addressing the...
[20 replies] Last: With SO, part of their philosophy is to not have to answer the same q... (by BHX)
How is cplusplus forum being hosted?

Hello guys, I am wondering how this C++ forum is being hosted fully 24/7/365. It has been 8 years and the forum is still good and running, to my surprise. Even...
[4 replies] Last: 167.114.170.15 - Geo Information IP Address: 167.114.170.15 Host: cpl... (by closed account 1vRz3TCk)
visual studio c++ professional

Am trying to move from code blocks to visual studio. Can am one help me with links were to download a Visual studio professional for free(registered) please.
[5 replies] Last: Thanks. I will keep that in mind. (by closed account LNboLyTq)
Install Intel graphics drivers without Intel Control Panel

Is it possible to install Intel Iris drivers without installing the Intel Iris Control Panel? Maybe just copy-paste the driver files to C:\Windows\... or whatev...
[3 replies] Last: You could try opening the Device Manager, selecting the graphics card... (by Copyleft)
cs

What...is this post....? O_o
[6 replies] Last: Nope, it wasn't me - I certainly don't think you did anything that wou... (by MikeyBoy)
by kc831
What is C++ and why would a company hire somebody fluent in this language?

Hello, first I would like to explain a little bit about what this question entails and why I am asking it and why I will need a more general answer. I have rece...
[5 replies] Last: Thanks for your reply, especially on why you use it. That makes it muc... (by kc831)
by ne555
report reasons

good morning, just for curiosity, would like to see what reasons do you think are valid to report a post. if a reason has already been posted, you may repeat it...
[7 replies] Last: People got really angry at me for my 'too large' definition of spam, s... (by LB)
Why so few articles these days?

The last article posted on this site was on March 2016 and before that an article was posted on October 2015 ? What could be the reason?
[2 replies] Last: I believe you can still write articles for the site. The problem is ma... (by BHX)
by mfc
IRC ##c++ Why am I banned?

Hello, I sometimes use ##c++ on freenode but for some reason, I am banned there and I cannot send messages there. my account name is mfc. Weird part is tha...
[6 replies] Last: I think I was banned in the same section. And I don't remember what wa... (by Kalinin)
Differences in iteration speed

I never thought about it until recently, but what might cause the overhead of iterating through std::vector ? TestItem.h class TestItem { public: T...
[2 replies] Last: Well, pardon my stupid mistake. I did still see some big differences a... (by JayhawkZombie)
Direction

I was curious if any of you experienced people you, have any tips for someone looking for a direction in coding. I feel stuck and I don't really understand what...
[4 replies] Last: You'll also do well to peruse the forums and observe solutions present... (by JayhawkZombie)
by helios
Name of this operation? (1,2)

Let S1 and S2 be two sets of T. Let D = f(S1, S2) be a set of something else such that g(S1, D) = S2 and g(S2, h(D)) = S1. That is, D encodes the differences, o...
[39 replies] Last: Thanks. The technique I describe is basically the same idea -- if an o... (by helios)
Do beta versions of games have different system requirements

I downloaded the open beta of Battlefield 1 and I thought I wouldn't be able to run it on my computer. However, after reducing the resolution to 1280x1024, the ...
[2 replies] Last: Thanks! (by Copyleft)
Your feelings, TheIdeasMan (1,2,3)

@TheIdeasMan I know you have some feelings for me. I know. But I want you to tell all about what you feel. Is that okay? What am I doing wrong?
[52 replies] Last: You clearly haven't learnt anything then. Post count is irrelevant. An... (by shadowmouse)
September 2016 Pages: 12
  Archived months: [aug2016] [oct2016]

This is an archived page. To post a new message, go to the current page.