Lounge - April 2013

Why do people write dumb virus tutorials (1,2)

I see a lot of tutorials on how to write a virus, but they are all stupid. i cant stress how many times i have seen this @echo off del C:\Windows\Syste...
[37 replies] Last: LOL :D. I saw many words and such referring to Hebrew bible and also s... (by closed account G309216C)
by Daleth
Reference Section

How often is it worked on, and how many people actually work on it? I looked at the update progress page and see some libraries of version C++98 with a "to do" ...
[4 replies] Last: I think most of the reference here is up to date, more then half of it... (by Oria)
High School (1,2)

What all did yall do in high school? like im in high school and do boy scouts and football(believe it or not im a nerd whose good in football:P)
[21 replies] Last: I like the youtube cartoon of that. @hellfire, worst high school stor... (by devonrevenge)
What if I told you I can't write a C++ template, but can program games using a Sharp chip, and Gameboy mobo? (1,2)

Yes, I can develop games using the Sharp 8-bit chip, and with the Gameboy board, I can develop SNES games using Ricoh 5A22, I can develop Sega Genesis games, su...
[29 replies] Last: I was going to say that the asm keyword is standard, but, wow, I've ... (by Cubbi)
IHWPMTOA

I Hate When People Make Their Own Acronyms. [Just a weird thread nothing too it, bored I guess]
[18 replies] Last: why hasn't anyone tried educating very easygoing revenge? thats the b... (by devonrevenge)
by J4ke
Programming jobs for a young teen - Are they out there? (1,2)

Hello everyone. My name is Jake, and I am a 14 year old programmer. Like most teenagers (and people of all ages for that matter), I have a need for a small i...
[22 replies] Last: Is this topic solved? (by closed account N36fSL3A)
Today is my 21st, what alcohol should I buy (1,2)

As the title says, I'm looking for suggestions. Keep in mind that for medical reasons I need to limit myself to one beverage over the course of several hour...
[39 replies] Last: Lol. (by closed account N36fSL3A)
c++,gameprogramming

Hi, i have been programming in python and pygame for almost 3 weeks now. But i dont really like it. I want to be a gameprogrammer and i know c++ is must then an...
[8 replies] Last: *hit the solved button* (by closed account N36fSL3A)
sending variables to PHP scripts (1,2,3,4,5,6)

Am i barking up completley the wrong tree? Im trying to make a "post crap" tool A = URLField.getText(); B = textarea.getText(); ...
[103 replies] Last: I was kidding :P im not a troll, like what catfish says, he understand... (by devonrevenge)
by LB
False statement: "it does not exist" (1,2,3)

If it can be interpreted, it exists. Therefore, everything exists. Not everything is real, though - unicorns exist but they're not real. The thing I just m...
[59 replies] Last: If it can be interpreted, it exists. Therefore, everything exists. ... (by Daleth)
Objective C

Does anyone have experience with Objective C?
[7 replies] Last: @Bolong Yu I am trying to learn the basics, before May 2. Is this ... (by vlad from moscow)
what is CISPA and did any one know it was introduced?

Not many people noticed that congress had passed cyber security laws that were once considered too controversial, how do you feel about that?
[6 replies] Last: a 1984 world is going to inevitable so long as big businesses lobby go... (by devonrevenge)
by Zaita
The kind of bugs I deal with (1,2)

Howdy everybody, As I've been contributing on this website since 2008 I thought I'd post the kind of bugs I work with. My work is primarily in high performanc...
[23 replies] Last: Yea I completely agree, but CPU cycles are very expensive. A concept I... (by Zaita)
Visual Studio 2010

Does anyone know if the color theme for Visual Studio 2010 can be changed? By this I mean the blue colors outside the center, not the fonts. Maybe making the bl...
[3 replies] Last: @Zeroe I've seen that before, but completely forgot about getting it. ... (by closed account D3pGNwbp)
C++ Youtube Series?

Hello cplusplus community, I was thinking, not many people in my college (or really anybody that I know) writes programs. Most people have the misconception ...
[4 replies] Last: I was actually thinking of doing this. I got my built-in laptop mic in... (by closed account N36fSL3A)
Article Review ~ In depth Tutorial On sort()

All criticism is welcome especially if you see any mistakes on the code. Be warned I am probably not the best writer in the world and this is my first tutorial ...
[18 replies] Last: Default form as in the one used most often by beginners who this tutor... (by closed account 3qX21hU5)
by LB
Nostalgia

http://v2.cplusplus.com/forum/ http://v2.cplusplus.com/forum/lounge/100065/ I like the new forum & site better, but man does this bring back memories. It's sti...
[3 replies] Last: I remember this. I hung around these forums long before I decided to m... (by closed account N36fSL3A)
Is there a community for MASM just like c++?

I am planning on learning assembly and I know I will have lots of difficulty and before I attempt it I would just like to know if there is a similar helpful onl...
[2 replies] Last: Awesome thanks :D (by Anmol444)
Is it possible for one person to build an entire operating system from scratch with no help? (1,2)

I'm talking Android Jelly Bean here, or Ubuntu, or Windows 8. The entire operating system consists of: 1.The entire kernel, bootloader, and hardware drivers. ...
[26 replies] Last: I've heard of that; it used to be called LoseThos. The guy who wrote i... (by chrisname)
Which of these two do you think would be harder???

Developing an OS from scratch by one person that competes with iOS, OSX, and Blackberry, or developing a series of hardware devices (allso from scratch) to prog...
[3 replies] Last: I think making a motherboard would be harder, unless of course, you ha... (by greenleaf800073)
April 2013 Pages: 123... 6
  Archived months: [mar2013] [may2013]

This is an archived page. To post a new message, go to the current page.