Lounge - August 2012 (Page 5)

I recently started up an album review site

It's not for profit, no ads or anything, I'm not even hosting it. I just wanted to do it. That being said, check it out! It's only got a few reviews on it right...
[3 replies] Last: Nah, I'm talking music. No sense in reviewing a photo album, haha. (by QWERTYman)
Captain Shutdown

Hello guys ! I've created an application that allows you to schedule the shut down of your computer and, with the 2.5 version, it also has a note system :) I ...
[19 replies] Last: [quote=TwoOfDiamonds]create the object::action() function which will d... (by chrisname)
Jobs section

has anyone actually applied to any of the posts there? this doesn't seem like the sort of forum where people would be looking for professional jobs.
[1 reply] : I found a new job through the jobs board here. (by PanGalactic)
Blocked from replying to one thread

Does anyone know why this might be? CPP was down for me for a while - could it have something to do with that? It's just one thread only. I have started a th...
[9 replies] Last: Thanks helios that worked !!! A really good tip. (by TheIdeasMan)
Cplusplus version 2?

http://v2.cplusplus.com/forum/ it looks worse, actually, was it an older version?
[10 replies] Last: a quote button would be nice though (by Zephilinox)
by Aceix
Very useful addition tool.

I managed to make an addition tool with the aid of variable arguments. Download link: http://www.mediafire.com/?mn45w8u8pe2fql9 Code: #include <iostream...
[8 replies] Last: var agrgs are useless in this case, as it can be done in a simple loop... (by viliml)
Codeblocks creating problems (Pointer arithmetic)

Am I the only one who is facing Code Blocks crashes frequently. I have reinstalled it many times . But still , the problem occurs sometimes. Here is an examp...
[11 replies] Last: To put in simple terms, this: char *p = "Hello"; *p = 'M'; std::cout... (by helios)
Become a professional c++ programmer?

This will be quite personal but I need to ask some professional employed programmers of what they think. Here is my long question: I have a problem with my e...
[4 replies] Last: I see, I am still working on it. Any other more opinions and tips are ... (by Zerpent)
Remove Windows 7 User Password

Does anyone around here know how you can remove a user's password in Windows 7 (or the entire user) if you don't have access to that user's account or the admin...
[12 replies] Last: Sorry for the late reply guys. I was on a 2 week backpacking trip in t... (by ModShop)
Pixar Open sources their SubDiv Surface library

Not sure how many of you guys are CGI buffs, but if any of you have seen a pixar film in recent years you can probably appreciate why this is exciting for me. I...
[3 replies] Last: Pixar almost invariably make amazing movies (I haven't seen Cars, Cars... (by chrisname)
by Owain
Favourite all time programmers/computer scientists? (1,2,3)

Hello, just thought I would start a nice discussion dedicated to some of the more publicy un-sung heros of our digital age. Basicly, who are your favourate prog...
[56 replies] Last: [quote=Catfish2] I want to say something funny/sarcastic about the dea... (by Cheraphy)
Try my two player shooter(console game)

first game I've created, call it BattleByte. Pretty proud of my own work i did, if anyone wants to try it feel free!! heres a link to my dropbox that holds the ...
[13 replies] Last: That was great job! gj (by stoffe1100)
web based IDEs?

The only thing keeping me getting a tablet (aside from the issue of money) is the complete lack of sufficient dev tools to use on the android platform. Ubuntu f...
[2 replies] Last: Hmm, IDE one really is the best eh? Yea the issue I had was primarily ... (by Cheraphy)
Meeting C++ - Call for Papers

Hi C++ Community! There will be a new european C++ conference this fall in Germany! We are looking for speakers and possible talks at our conference! Pos...
[7 replies] Last: Hi, <insert_domain> means to replace it with the websites domain. Othe... (by phlox81)
Has CPP been down?

I couldn't access it for several hours today, anyone know why? isup.me also said it was down.
[7 replies] Last: Yeah, down two days in a row. Has to be server. (by BHX)
by Owain
Too much Facebook... (1,2,3)

Is it just me or is anyone sick of seeing Facebook everywhere? On adverts, programs and even in conversations. In my opinion, 90% of it is just anyone broadcast...
[44 replies] Last: TIL that gravy is a beverage. (by closed account 1yR4jE8b)
Can you try out my project?

This was made with Microsoft Visual Studio, so you might have to change the headers or something if you use something else. What makes this encryptor unique is ...
[2 replies] Last: You do know that you can do mathematical operations directly on char d... (by Computergeek01)
Kitchen Design Midlands

Wow, really? This is fantastic. I've always wanted to unite programming and kitchen design, and finally it's here! Oh wait, this isn't related to programming at...
[6 replies] Last: [quote=chrisname]Wow, really? This is fantastic. I've always wanted to... (by closed account 3hM2Nwbp)
Anything Wrong with procedural c++?

I have been starting to attempt to wrap my mind around high level design paradigms, and practices. It's more natural for me at the moment to write what most pe...
[6 replies] Last: Well, the problem with finding good examples is that they somehow have... (by hanst99)
August 2012 Pages: 1... 345
  Archived months: [jul2012] [sep2012]

This is an archived page. To post a new message, go to the current page.