Lounge - August 2012 (Page 4)

A helpful comparison of C++11 support across three popular compilers

http://www.cpprocks.com/a-comparison-of-c11-language-support-in-vs2012-g-4-7-and-clang-3-1/
[2 replies] Last: @atropos I don't think that cross-platform-ish languages are at the t... (by closed account 3hM2Nwbp)
Have a chance to learn Java and Python - Should I take it?

I want to learn C++ more (Been doing it for a year and a half now), but that's all they have; would it help me in any way? All the jobs I've been looking in (Mo...
[14 replies] Last: Unfortunately D is a niche language not used anywhere seriously in ind... (by rapidcoder)
by Owain
Riddles

Tell some riddles/brain teasers and try and solve other peoples! Here are two simple ones to get the ball rolling: You are approched in an alley-way by a thug...
[18 replies] Last: @ MaxLascombe : Yes, yes, no. Wazzak (by closed account zb0S216C)
Take how much times to get familiar with a new language and framework

I am a C++ programmer learning c++ with two years, Our boss planning to invest on the android app, and I am one of the programmer who will shift to the andro...
[3 replies] Last: The project already run several months, but there are many stuffs le... (by stereoMatching)
when and foreach loop

So one night i was thinking of something I can't remember now and suddenly it came to me! A when loop!!! its like a while loop except it would be like when...
[10 replies] Last: so I'm actually very far on a working prototype, but I'm stuck on one ... (by Aramil of Elixia)
WAT / Ugliest Code

Post some of the dumbest looking code that is *valid* in any one language. I can't think of anything atm but I'll post some here in a bit. These are also called...
[3 replies] Last: This: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/INTERCAL Hello World: DO ,1 <- #1... (by Volatile Pulse)
by Witty
Tell Wits

CLEVER GIRL Max is is a student. He studies mathematics. He knows: if a = b and b = c then also a = c Clara is clever. She also knows this. But she also knows ...
[5 replies] Last: A wit from India I Love My Mother A five Years old boy went to a Ph... (by xander333)
C++ isn't a bad langauge (1,2)

Its just that there is an endless amount of tiny details you have to learn that can cause your program to catastrophically fail. Today I learned that: my...
[38 replies] Last: Cubbi: I didn't know that. Thanks for clarifying. Agree, but t... (by Disch)
by Owain
Programming 'mind-block' aviodence

I guess this may be more for hobbiest programmers, but I was just curious to see if my fellow programmers get as distracted as I do when reaching a difficult or...
[10 replies] Last: Well, interestingly if I listen to classical music I seem to program h... (by Owain)
Just a comment about creating the simplest of games

Hello everyone.. I just finished probably the simplest game I will ever create and honestly it took FOREVER and was not too hard....but took FOREVER!!! I def...
[6 replies] Last: Oh thanks Elixia, @ MaxLascombe....Well here is the game http:/... (by dtaqee88)
Bone Headed Mistakes

I just spent about 2 hours redesigning a few of my classes. When I do this type of thing, I usually make most of the chore changes and then let the IDE's intel...
[9 replies] Last: it was running in a debugger and the debugger was probably changing s... (by Moschops)
Suggestions on Custom Laptop Retailers

I'm in the market for a good and relatively powerful laptop. A friend recommended I go to ibuypower.com, but after reading many horrifying and blood-curdling re...
[15 replies] Last: Woops, yes. iOS is a bit of a moot point; I did mean OSX as in the non... (by Gaminic)
Good anniversary gift for my girlfriend? (1,2)

my 5 month anniversary is coming up with my girlfriend, and considering i forgot the last one(a fate apparently worse than death) i decided to go a little far a...
[22 replies] Last: Come on now, lads, I think he's got whole "5 months isn't an annivers... (by closed account zb0S216C)
bored :D

hi, I'm just bored and as a programmer, I'd like to do some new programming I've never tried before. I've tried these: -website programming -phone program...
[7 replies] Last: nice ones. I just made one too many years ago, and i did it on a tuto... (by Sajjad Heydari)
New commenting Scheme (1,2)

Where does this style of commenting come from? }//End of main I have been seeing this a lot more in the last few months than ever before. I think it m...
[39 replies] Last: We have hooks that run in our central git repo that runs AStyle on all... (by closed account 1yR4jE8b)
OK WHAT HAPPENED TO MY PRECIOUS SFML

I'm developing a game and the sfml website is down:( it better not be down long the url is www.sfml-dev.org .....someone check and make sure my computer isn't b...
[11 replies] Last: just download all the website(not so much) in case it went down I've d... (by Sajjad Heydari)
creating a nes emulator in c++11

here are two videos of someone coding, compiling, and running a nes emulator in c++11. i posted this for people who have ever wondered what it takes to create a...
[8 replies] Last: wow, that is some ridiculously complex stuff (by closed account zwA4jE8b)
by Disch
Lucky number 7

7777 Jackpot, baby. Roll the dice. 4 of a kind. Spin the wheel. The price is right. Bingo.
[7 replies] Last: grats on 7777 posts, I hit 333 yesterday, but you've done over 2000 po... (by Zephilinox)
I used to think Twitter was silly

And no, this thread really isn't about Twitter at all. https://twitter.com/MarsCuriosity And guess what, that crazy landing worked. The rover made it safe...
[7 replies] Last: Relevent RvB: http://roosterteeth.com/archive/?id=54 [quote=tucker]th... (by closed account 3hM2Nwbp)
by Aceix
Free good programs to try out!

I have made a bio creator for download with c++ Link: http://www.mediafire.com/?9x0zd8j0bjg0bsu
[17 replies] Last: [quote=AlitCandle]Any reason why you made gender 10 characters? They s... (by BHX)
August 2012 Pages: 12345
  Archived months: [jul2012] [sep2012]

This is an archived page. To post a new message, go to the current page.