Lounge - August 2013 (Page 5)

using sfml 1.6?

so im running ubuntu 13.04 ( :( ) and decided to test out sfml while i wait for some good tutorials to come out for sdl 2.0, and its good that i learn it anyway...
[4 replies] Last: I actually just built sfml2 on my Ubuntu 13.04 install. Was tired of l... (by ResidentBiscuit)
naming conventions: prefixes, postfixes (1,2)

A lot of people prefix member variables with m. Some use all sorts of prefixes to give clues about the types of different variables. Some use postfix_ for mem...
[28 replies] Last: @ Zereo: a modern IDE should help you with a hint regarding the type ... (by closed account 3qX21hU5)
Neatness?

i had embarked on a large project(well for me) to make a game....it failed after about 5 months....it worked but i couldn't read it it was so crapply written. ...
[6 replies] Last: I normally work on extremely large project consisting of dozens of sou... (by closed account G309216C)
Resource Manager Ideas

The title says it all. I'm just looking for an easy to use Resource Manager/Ideas, very simple and reusable.
[6 replies] Last: NULL isn't type safe for one. The main problem with using NULL for a ... (by closed account 3qX21hU5)
no reply to questions

to DTSCODE just reply again but not see it only way is to edit original Although I click on a submitted question I click reply then submit but nothing happ...
[3 replies] Last: he edited it that way. originally it just said the top part. @op did y... (by closed account Dy7SLyTq)
Good compiler with the new C++11 standards

I have been using Microsoft Visual Studio for a while now, but I would like to start using the new C++11 standards.
[10 replies] Last: Well actually I just check and there are only 13 pages in the lounge r... (by closed account jwkNwA7f)
Allegro or SFML? (1,2,3)

Just wondering which library I should move towards after I finish my project. I have been using Allegro, but I have heard some good things about SFML, such as i...
[56 replies] Last: I apologize for derailing this, but I just wanted to say that I'm gain... (by BHX)
A moment of politics, if I may...

In the united states there is currently a movement among the states to call a constitutional convention that would repeal citizens united (corporations are NOT ...
[6 replies] Last: Change isn't always a good thing. <-- is this the right way to write ... (by firedraco)
UML Software

I've been searching from some good Open-source UML software. I need it for class diagrams, use case diagrams, sequence diagrams, collaboration diagrams and sta...
[4 replies] Last: I've seen Doxygen, and do like it. I'm trying to get through a formal... (by Stewbond)
Books or Internet? (1,2)

Which is your medium of preference when it comes to learning how to code and why?
[23 replies] Last: I tend to think of professional code as having a certain qualities* a... (by closed account 3qX21hU5)
public c++ chat?

someone know good chat where i can talk c++?
[13 replies] Last: [quote=computerquip]I wouldn't recommend Freenode @ ##c++ only because... (by closed account jwkNwA7f)
Does online profile improve chances of getting a job?

Hi, This question is fairly straight-forward, I am interested about this. Does these online forums improve chances of approval of getting a Job? I would ...
[9 replies] Last: [quote=Zereo]I hope they don't do that. One of the main reasons I like... (by closed account jwkNwA7f)
SDL 2.0 along with New Website

SDL 2.0 has been *officially* released. Along with it comes a new website! http://www.libsdl.org/ Also, the documentation for SDL 2 has been completely re...
[18 replies] Last: I still don't get why you would actually need a tutorial. Most of his ... (by closed account S6k9GNh0)
At what age did you start programming?

Out of curiosity, I just wanted to know when everyone else started programming in any language? Basically, when did you write your first "Hello World" program? ...
[9 replies] Last: Must've been thinking of a different topic. (by closed account N36fSL3A)
Unmotivated programmer (1,2)

I am currently working on a Bachelors in Computer Science, and so far I have A's in most courses I've taken (which is everything from basic programming through ...
[29 replies] Last: Who's that? (by closed account N36fSL3A)
by Disch
Video game ideas that I'll never, ever, ever get to

I'm resigned to the fact that I'll never have the time and energy to make all the games I've wanted to make for years. Which is a bummer because I had like a b...
[10 replies] Last: Oh. Younger than I thought. These are pretty cool ideas. Shame that t... (by closed account N36fSL3A)
Java Antialiasing Help

I have been doing some Java work and watching tutorials. I am running into a problem: My program no longer runs. Can someone please point out my error to me?...
[7 replies] Last: I tried removing that ; , but that didn't fix it. And this post shou... (by closed account EAUX92yv)
Project?

Is there any projects out there that I can help work on with only a basic knowledge of c++. I know how classes/templates work. If there is not any easy to work ...
[6 replies] Last: One site which might be worth a look is OpenHatch.org https://openha... (by andywestken)
Did you ever use this? (1,2)

I was just wondering how many of you used this online compiler: http://www.onlinecompiler.net/ I used this site when I first started programming. I use VS no...
[27 replies] Last: DTS I didn't take your comment as offensive, I was just offering my e... (by Group of Eight)
windows os boot manager

so last night i upgraded my laptops hdd to a terabyte, and decided to dual boot windows 7/ubuntu. i hadnt done it in a while, and forgot that if you install ubu...
[3 replies] Last: thanks a ton! (by closed account Dy7SLyTq)
August 2013 Pages: 1... 345678
  Archived months: [jul2013] [sep2013]

This is an archived page. To post a new message, go to the current page.