Lounge - June 2013 (Page 6)

Sharing Premium Account With Me

I would like to access the tutorial in DirectX Tutorial ( http://www.directxtutorial.com ) but most of what I want can only be viewed with premium account. Do...
[15 replies] Last: DirectX can be ported to Linux or Mac using Wine. Also DirectX also ha... (by closed account 3qX21hU5)
Learning the very low level aspects of a computer?

I'm trying to learn a bit about the REALLY low aspects about a computer. To start out fun I've actually messed around a bit with how making a redstone computer ...
[8 replies] Last: I think using minecraft for such emulation is too much,use some other ... (by a k n)
Laptop for C++ programmer (1,2)

I need some advice about laptop for software engineer, my friend is a programmer and this laptop is a anniversary gift. I choose top 3 laptop brands HP , Leno...
[32 replies] Last: I may be one of those 30-year-old programmers, in 25 years, who has ... (by closed account 3qX21hU5)
SaaS (software as a service); the future of computing?

I was listing to the lectures for UC Berkeley's CS 169 (Software Engineering Course) off ITunes University, and I was a little surprised about the instructors v...
[4 replies] Last: Firstly, it would be extremely difficult for a small time developer t... (by closed account z05DSL3A)
Graphics expert question

How long did it take for you to learn Linear Algebra? I'm asking because I'm going to probrably be learning it soon.
[12 replies] Last: [quote=MiiNiPaa]You need to rotate several different obects as a whole... (by devonrevenge)
How much has C++ changed over the years?

I'm just wondering how useful the things I am learning will be in 10 years
[3 replies] Last: We can't seem to figure out the best way to do things the first time. (by LB)
by zsteve
is it a good idea to write code on paper

I often do write my code on paper, especially if it's a bit more tricky than usual. Writing code on paper seems to give me more concentration :P Is this a good...
[12 replies] Last: I don't write the original program on paper but, after I am into a pro... (by Michael37)
Binurual Beats (1,2)

Has anyone experienced the effects of binurual beats? If so, what was your experience like? Wazzak
[33 replies] Last: This just came up in my YouTube feed... The title at least is a little... (by Lachlan Easton)
How do you design your programs?

I want to know how you design your programs. Like the code style you use, and how you keep it structured. Do you keep a notebook with you to jot down ideas? ...
[6 replies] Last: my style coincides with Aldman ANSI style out of shear coincidence. ba... (by DeXecipher)
Ideas on extracting image data

Hey everyone, I am currently in the prototyping phase of developing a simple subcomponent of my graphics engine, using the console. It is meant to extract verte...
[15 replies] Last: Disvantage: Planning a compression algorithm. (by S G H)
Maths books.

I am really bad at maths. I know a lot of programming languages and i really want to do computer science in college, however i need a B in my maths GCSE. (Last ...
[1 reply] : Might help if you hint at the level you are at. Have you looked at htt... (by naraku9333)
by NGen
Runescape Moves to HTML5

http://www.reddit.com/r/gaming/comments/1fiijo/runescape_html5_beta_opened_to_paying_members/ ("HTML5" is in reference to related technologies - WebGL/JavaScri...
[5 replies] Last: I was around for when it went went from 2D to 3D, seems silly now how ... (by closed account o1vk4iN6)
Scam Confirmation: Fraudulent Job offer (if you have an hour to burn...)

This is about a fraudulent Job offer that was sent to me via E-mail. I would like to report an IC3 on it, but I wanted to get some confirmation before hand. ...
[8 replies] Last: ^Exactly. Unfortunately it happens a lot here in the USA. (by closed account N36fSL3A)
by ascii
Oxford Comma

Do you use it? Why, or why not? And to prevent this from devolving into a bunch of stupid images pointing out funny situations that result from using or not us...
[6 replies] Last: I thought that was part of the English Language. I still use it. (by closed account N36fSL3A)
Filesystem Class: Paths, SIMPLIFIED (1,2)

I just finished polishing a class that will simplify the use of filesystems. It uses BOOST library, and I know what you're going to say, but hear me out. No m...
[38 replies] Last: ^ this. Windows 8 is a pain. (by LB)
In this documentry a family lives with technology through the 80s, the kids get into programming, tha bits interestin

you might relate to the kid gets sucked into programming,its quite funny to watch http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SEsiPMcxbdw
[no replies]
Portfolio Projects

I have realised that a person under the age of 18 is unable to acquire a job easily, and many people wanting "teen jobs" are often told to rather build their po...
[6 replies] Last: @Zereo Thank you, I will try it out. Do you or anyone else have any mo... (by Script Coder)
I want to make video games!!!

I've finished the basics of c++,now what!? I decided to learn programming because i was interested in making games, where do i start to make a game.
[13 replies] Last: That was a joke, lol. I think that was the first one I used in 1 or 2 ... (by closed account N36fSL3A)
Opinions on bitcoin

What do you guys think about it? As an alternative to paper money?
[13 replies] Last: @helios - First they will find a SQL, LFI , RFI or other Remote 0-day... (by closed account G309216C)
Calculator

I always wondered how Scientific Calculators like Casio Work. Do they follow any specific Algorithm. How do they do it? If anyone knows the answer please post t...
[5 replies] Last: Why don't you look at your calc's manual i looked at mine and found it... (by a k n)
June 2013 Pages: 1... 4567
  Archived months: [may2013] [jul2013]

This is an archived page. To post a new message, go to the current page.