Lounge - May 2013 (Page 5)

C++ Programming, 4th ed

I've been watching the release date getting closer over the past few months. Has anybody read the 3rd Edition and can explain what the contents of the book are...
[1 reply] : It's the primary reference book for C++. It's re-written after each ma... (by Cubbi)
Where can I learn assembly?

-A few notes about this thread before I begin asking- :Assembly architecture is old but still relevant regardless of whether I want to look through C/C++ code ...
[3 replies] Last: [quote=ForRealzZzZ]I love learning older legacies as a hobby If you l... (by Cubbi)
idiotic statement

I was reading an article i found here http://www.podval.org/~sds/ocamlsucks.html and the part that really got me was this Make no mistake: Java/C/C++/C#/Perl...
[8 replies] Last: I am too. I'm seriously not even joking that I'm surprised, either. (by closed account N36fSL3A)
open sourcing my stuff

Hey girls and guys. These are a couple of my better projects and I have decided to open source them to see where they go (hopefully somewhere). The documentat...
[1 reply] : Looks cool. I might look into it. (by closed account N36fSL3A)
My custom vector

This is my custom vector. I'd like to create my own vector in order to keep settings if needed. I only made some changes to its design and it's nothing speci...
[16 replies] Last: That was a joke, it was supposed to imply I don't know basic C++. (by closed account N36fSL3A)
"Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or equivalent experience"

I see this on most programming job requirements. What is the other degrees? I'm searching for colleges and there's some that offer CS degrees and some that off...
[6 replies] Last: You would think HR people need proof readers. (by BHX)
Open GL and SDL (1,2)

Well I think I'm pretty solid with SDL, but now I want to move on to 3d games or advanced 2d games. Can someone point me in the right direction on where I can f...
[24 replies] Last: Filiprei I can't remember, I was making a few games so then I forgot w... (by closed account N36fSL3A)
Should I learn assembly at some point?

What is the difference between machine code and assembly? What is assembly x86?
[2 replies] Last: Can you learn it? Yes. Should you learn it? Up to you. Is it beneficia... (by BHX)
need help with maths guys, how do I work out 2*x(exponent) minus 1 quarter?

how in the hell can I work out 2*x -1/4 I cannot grasp the maths in my head no matter how many tutorials I watch, then I need to suss out how to get code to d...
[14 replies] Last: TBF I plan on getting better so I can be of more help to people and i... (by ascii)
fubar'd my CPU yesterday

Yesterday I was doing maintenance on my gaming rig and decided it was time to replace the thermal compound on my CPU. When attempting to remove the heat sync, t...
[3 replies] Last: This happened to me too the first time I took out the fan on both the ... (by maeriden)
by LB
Functional languages

I've seen a lot of examples and languages. They seem to be the easiest to parse, the most expressive to write, and the poorest to execute. At least those are my...
[12 replies] Last: There is a difference between how we humans view things and the way th... (by Duthomhas)
Is C++ right for me?

Hello everyone, This is my first post to this website and I have just one question. Is C++ for me? Im completely new to programming and ive pretty much chosen C...
[4 replies] Last: Thanks guys, Ill just stick to it because I love programming, its very... (by Irishfitz)
Interested in laptop for programming

I want to find a laptop for programming, I want it to work perfectly with ubuntu. Preferably made for ubuntu. I found the computer called "xps 13" but it is not...
[9 replies] Last: Lenovo ThinkPads are fantastic for this. I have an OLD one (not that m... (by closed account DEUX92yv)
Who knew you could solve the halting problem for under $1000 USD

This PDF is a screencap of a posting to a website where you define a project and let contractors bid on working on it. Someone made a fake account and described...
[6 replies] Last: It's worth mentioning that 90% of the userbase of those kinds of site... (by firedraco)
by CroCo
Documentaries about programming languages?

I know some people will say WHAT? but I think understanding the history of programming languages is interesting. When I have free time, I like to listen to scie...
[5 replies] Last: The Wikipedia link mentions B as an ancesstor of C, but completely omi... (by kbw)
by rcast
Third interview - programming test (1,2,3)

I applied to a jr. software developer position 2 weeks ago. I had a phone interview, an in person interview, and now they want me back for a programming test. W...
[50 replies] Last: Lots of SQL programming, combined with C# .NET. Fun though. (by rcast)
3D printer firearm

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/science-environment-22421185 Apparently this thing fires caliber .22 rounds. The barrel life is also quite short, most likely. It's...
[14 replies] Last: I want to hand craft it though. (by closed account N36fSL3A)
Perfect programming environment (not IDE)

I was just curious to know what people do when they are ready to program. Such as your surroundings, do you listen to music, or do you prefer silence, or just a...
[12 replies] Last: I have to wait until the kids are asleep, otherwise, they keep interru... (by rhapdog)
In the future...

Sometime very far from now, Almost everyone will have programming skills. brace for the normalcy. 2113 AD. At least in countries that still exist and have an in...
[15 replies] Last: Cave man. Captain Caveman?! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YD36Zhp... (by cire)
by kbw
Windows 8 Rethink

The inevitable? Microsoft, like the rest of us, probably think Windows 8 is crap. http://www.ft.com/cms/s/0/330c8b8e-b66b-11e2-93ba-00144feabdc0.html#axzz2S...
[10 replies] Last: Multi-monitor support is something I REALLY REALLY wish was better. An... (by Zaita)
May 2013 Pages: 1... 3456
  Archived months: [apr2013] [jun2013]

This is an archived page. To post a new message, go to the current page.