Lounge - July 2013 (Page 8)

Why every one like to make games

Hello, I noticed that most new users want to learn programming just to make games, I also like making games too, but I like making productivity software more...
[14 replies] Last: [quote=jasonrobertz357]Because on the web, if you are asking for what ... (by BHX)
shrinking C drive in win7

Hello I always use C for system only, and F for recovery, and make drive E for the files but the laptop I bought has 250GP for C, while 100GP for E and 100GP ...
[6 replies] Last: When you shrink you will get a new partition i think and you can add i... (by closed account 1v5E3TCk)
Areas in programming

Hey all, I have been reading a few threads on the forum and they have gotten me thinking that I do not actually know what area in programming I want to be in. W...
[14 replies] Last: I am thankful (by closed account 1v5E3TCk)
Debate: married programmers vs single programmers (1,2)

Hello, After looking, searching, browsing, and analyzing I say that single programmers are way better and creative then married programmers, I know a marri...
[23 replies] Last: your right, sociable compromise. (by devonrevenge)
Best Computer (1,2)

Anyone know any good computer that sells for $950 USD or 3000 MYR?
[20 replies] Last: 16 GB is just a waste right now. Better off spending the money on a so... (by ResidentBiscuit)
Let's talk about "Fu*k Pointers Days"

Hey there guys, do you still remember those days when you're learning pointers and saying "Fu*k this shit! Im going to be a fu*king stripper!" LOL! What did ...
[10 replies] Last: In hindsight its so simple, a pointer is a pointer to a reference whic... (by devonrevenge)
Movies about programming, hacking etc.. (1,2)

Can you recommend me good movies about programming?
[20 replies] Last: I know how to play movie from the TV. The problem is how combine the m... (by closed account 1v5E3TCk)
Another Debate : Who would win? USA or Great Britain? (1,2,3)

Well I was looking through off topic Minecraft forums and I found this: http://www.minecraftforum.net/topic/1439812-who-do-you-think-would-win-a-war-usa-or-the-...
[43 replies] Last: maybe the PLA could help out Devon with its independence problem, It m... (by devonrevenge)
Quake 3 bots, 4 years of training, and a stalemate (1,2)

http://i.imgur.com/dx7sVXj.jpg Excuse the language in this pic, as it is a screen cap of a conversation on a 4chan imageboard. It's a sfw board, but fowl lan...
[22 replies] Last: In regards to languages used for AI programming, I'm using a combinati... (by Cheraphy)
Why are you learning c++? (1,2)

Why are you learning c++? My desire is being able to code games in the future so we are learning c++ with my friend. Our to-do list: -Learn c++ -Learn ...
[38 replies] Last: Oh wait I misread the title :P For c++... hmm... I like how fast c++... (by StevenChartis)
Knowing each other

I think this is not a site for only asking questions and I can make new friends there so I want to know about you. And I am starting with introducing myself. ...
[4 replies] Last: Thanks for your replies. I have just seen your replies. I will send yo... (by closed account 1v5E3TCk)
Belly Dancing Wookiee

This was mentioned on the radio earlier today. Has it already been posted about here?? I see the video's been up a while, so I'm not sure why it's only just ma...
[4 replies] Last: oh my, why chewie. . . why So you think it's Chewie in drag, rather... (by andywestken)
Leet-Speak

The whole leat speak crazy has kind of faded away. I don't blame them, howewever. What started as a few simple numerical substituions exploded into an orgiastic...
[5 replies] Last: @firedraco: That's possible, but I don't think there are many profani... (by Disch)
Have you ever seen something like that?

Hello, away from programming, see this video http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vux_-vJvHww I was very amazed, could not keep the video to see it just by my sel...
[no replies]
How do you learn c++?

Hi all.. I just wanted to ask all how do you learn c++.How do you learn personally? >Read book/s (Please Name) >Read from a website (please provide link) >W...
[9 replies] Last: Thanks for your replays..ill check out some books...and site...thanks ... (by closed account EwCjE3v7)
by Carm
Cplusplus.com, but for Java

Hi, is there a site for Java that is like Cplusplus.com? I've tried and failed. Mostly find dead sites or sites that make me pay to access it. Thanks for an...
[5 replies] Last: You can sometimes ask here..ppl know java to... (by closed account EwCjE3v7)
by BHX
DOXYGEN Is it a good tool?

Been debating on this myself and figured this was the best place to ask and get input from other programmers. Is doxygen a good tool to use and worth learning? ...
[7 replies] Last: I'll have to give graphviz a try. Installed it on crunchbang and will ... (by BHX)
by Manga
funny variable names... (1,2,3)

A bit immature I know but these make me laugh. for star trek fans there is int erPrize; what about these long dong; bool schitt; I want to her...
[59 replies] Last: Man + women = child (by closed account EwCjE3v7)
Operating System (1,2)

What is the best operating system for a programmer Windows Linux (what distro) Or Mac OS X Thanks
[21 replies] Last: Thanks all You have been a great help.ill try out the operating syste... (by closed account EwCjE3v7)
Video 32sec. Commercial 1:52 (1,2)

I just youtubed "babies" for my two-year old, and she wanted to see a "funny baby videos" compilation. So the commercial that pops up before the video starts...
[23 replies] Last: Yea before when there was cable we all used to sit around the TV and w... (by closed account N36fSL3A)
July 2013 Pages: 1... 6789
  Archived months: [jun2013] [aug2013]

This is an archived page. To post a new message, go to the current page.