Lounge - July 2013 (Page 7)

Terraforming Mars (1,2,3)

I always loved this concept. There are many, many, ways we could do this. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Terraforming_of_Mars is a wiki page of terraforming Ma...
[56 replies] Last: [quote=ne555]On the original topic, I propose daisies. XD I like jasm... (by devonrevenge)
Runescape 3

I used to really love RS in it's old days, now it's bad and filled with bots and idiots. However the creators are making a Runescape 3, which is completely d...
[15 replies] Last: Well BUMP - I was having trouble with RS and finally got it to work. F... (by closed account N36fSL3A)
Good programming laptop

Any suggestions on a 'Cheap' programming laptop? I want a laptop, because as most people know when you're young(13) you usually get money from babysitting which...
[3 replies] Last: Well mine was 650 euro Toshiba with 3 gig of ram a intel aton 2.4 ghz ... (by closed account EwCjE3v7)
Making tutorial videos for youtube

Hey! I want to make a short online video tutorial for a simple software program that I have developed. I have seen many video tutorials on youtube but I do not...
[16 replies] Last: Cool i checked it out its nice..with 2 docks..i might install it and g... (by closed account EwCjE3v7)
Learning Computer Science

Hi everybody... So i have been programming for like 4 years (most of it was just time wasting) and i learnt c/c++, python among others. And i really decided to ...
[5 replies] Last: thank you darkest fright for giving me something to watch at night for... (by Paoletti301)
So who here has heard of UML

i've been going through a c++ book ( for dummies, i wouldnt really recommend it ) and it decided to devote a good 50 pages to UML, the unified modeling language...
[4 replies] Last: I use it regularly, although not every day. Since everyone underst... (by Cubbi)
My Generation (1,2,3,4,5,6)

I know I'm not the best example of maturity, but people in my generation really get to me. It's shameful that they make us seem like the worst, they listen to c...
[101 replies] Last: It was Catfish, he just increments the number at the end after he hits... (by BHX)
Ways on Keeping My Game From Eating RAM (1,2,3,4)

Well I just finished my MapManager class which allows me to easily switch maps. I'm currently programming a new object called warps that warp me to new areas...
[69 replies] Last: It isn't that I don't want to allow modding, (which I actually might -... (by closed account N36fSL3A)
Google chrome spy's on you (1,2)

I just heard that chrome gives your info to government and Firefox don't.. Is it true?
[30 replies] Last: Zereo: Yes, I understand what cookies are, and how their primary use i... (by Ispil)
Coding in dream (1,2)

I am learning c++ for over than 2 weeks and for 3-4 days i am coding in my dreams. After getng up i am trying all the code which i saw in my dream. And they rea...
[28 replies] Last: Oh ok...yea that's true (by closed account EwCjE3v7)
Cobol

Hello everyone, I have just learned that my mom knows cobol. I suggest her to resume coding but she said me that " I haven't code for over than 10 years.". ...
[13 replies] Last: [quote=senhor]Thanks for replies but I cant find an answer to my quest... (by TheIdeasMan)
Anyone up for a little skype chat group?

Hey there, me and some friends (also from this forum) have a little chat group in Skype™. Currently housing 7 people, with half of them never being online =/....
[9 replies] Last: Well I don't think it's a failure becuz I've been chatting alot (by closed account EwCjE3v7)
by zsteve
MIT Opencourseware Computer science 6.006

Hi, I'm watching the 6.006 algorithms lectures on the MIT opencourseware site, and I'm just wondering what kind of maths I need to understand it? since I'm sti...
[no replies]
Lua or Ruby for RPG (1,2)

I want to know which I should use in a RPG - Lua or Ruby. I don't want to make this into a language debate or anything, but I just want opinions. (The best w...
[21 replies] Last: So then my program would need the source... (by closed account N36fSL3A)
DoS

Does DoS disconnect the target from Internet or only ddos.. What's the difference Can a dos be done with 1 pc...I have been disconnected twice by minecraft
[13 replies] Last: @SpaceWorm The reply was for Zereo not for you :P Can we just stop po... (by closed account EwCjE3v7)
Which programming language

I want to be a game programmer as you know. For reaching my goal which languages can you recommend me. I think I need to learn java and lua. Edit: I meant whi...
[14 replies] Last: I've read (in a book even, by some guy from the Ultima team) that they... (by ResidentBiscuit)
What makes a good programmer

I can accomplish tasks but anything now i find myself looking up documentation alot...is a good programmer someone who gets it done or knows it all in his head(...
[15 replies] Last: Good programmers are hard to come by and are defined by many aspects. ... (by moorecm)
Has google glass flopped? are ipads in decline?

I get the impression that google glass is no hit at all and that augmented reality may never actually catch on. I think it wont catch on unless they make the...
[8 replies] Last: that sounds lovely but I think it will be more depressing than that, ... (by devonrevenge)
by giblit
Raspberry Pi (1,2)

Who all owns one and what have they done with theirs such as turn it into a gps , game system , ect.. I am just curious because I have been wanting to get on...
[20 replies] Last: I have that PDF on in my documents, never really read it besides once ... (by closed account N36fSL3A)
What do the British have against Americans? (1,2,3)

Well I saw some politics thread so I don't know what's wrong if I post this question... I just want to know why people from Britain always bash us Americans. ...
[44 replies] Last: Posting to get more posts is silly. I don't even think we SHOULD have... (by closed account N36fSL3A)
July 2013 Pages: 1... 56789
  Archived months: [jun2013] [aug2013]

This is an archived page. To post a new message, go to the current page.