Lounge - May 2014 (Page 4)

Do you ever personally make your code imperfect?

I know it's an odd question, but is it really possible to be satisfied with everything you develop when considering how large and complicated it can get?
[7 replies] Last: I said "good bye" to the idea if "perfect" code years ago. There's no ... (by plexus)
How to extract an image from a sprite sheet?

Hi, I have a png file that contains a sprite sheet with many images on it. I want to use a few of the images on the sheet in a game I'm making but cannot see ho...
[4 replies] Last: If the rendering is hardware-accelerated, giblit's suggestion may be m... (by helios)
by Ceset
qt creator

Hi guys. I have been using qt creator for a while now. And i am facing a problem. Qt creator cannot detect all possible codes with code completion. It sho...
[4 replies] Last: Examples: // mStates is a map container // map is std::map<St... (by Ceset)
by Bolbi
3d gaming - with SFML ?

Ok, I got a plan for making an 3d game. I coded some 2d games with Codeblocks and SFML, c++. My question is: How can I make my game 3-dimensional. Can I do i...
[11 replies] Last: [quote=DeXecipher] whats wrong with it Well, efficiency is one thing ... (by chrisname)
Skype alternatives

Hello everyone, I would like to know skype alternatives, ones that are famous. And that do not give away your IP. I really only need chat but sometimes calling ...
[13 replies] Last: Just started using RaidCall and it seems to work quite well. Does what... (by TheBeardedQuack)
Open Source Projects

Hi, I'm looking for a nice, small to medium sized Open Source project (on GitHub) for fun, knowledge, and experience. I've looked at chessplusplus, but I'm not...
[9 replies] Last: helios et al, I don't know if it is capable of doing what you want bu... (by closed account z05DSL3A)
Bytes And Bits (1,2)

Is there a place/book to learn bites and bites such as types and how much bytes/bits they take for each diffrent type and what are they and do i have to know...
[22 replies] Last: Couldn't agree more Plus downloading it is a pain Ill reply if I hav... (by Mizfizz)
Program Output

Can someone put me out of my misery lol, I noticed some posts where the output is to the right of the source code yet when I use the output tags it goes below...
[2 replies] Last: naraku9333 , your a star :) thanks! (by Codermik)
by LB
Pointers have little to no use (1,2,3,4,5)

I've been spreading this info all over the forum and to people I speak to in chats and in real life, and I finally got around to putting together a decent artic...
[91 replies] Last: I think that it's good that C++ gives you the choice to use pointers, ... (by geniusberry)
Anybody have Qt? I have a question.

Is it possible to write out a resource file in Qt? I hate using the Qt resource thing, I would much rather type it out. Anybody know? I kind of have to write o...
[6 replies] Last: I was asking why you need native resources specifically. The point of ... (by helios)
How to trade code to money in cplusplus.com?

I had done an project for 20$. I was really happy, my first trade on the Internet. Then I have been fooled; lost my payment. What's the secure way to trade cod...
[16 replies] Last: Haha, for a 13 years old brazillian boy, 20$ become 50 R$ ("reais" - m... (by iQChange)
Area 51 - The Frantic Caller (1,2,3,4,5,6)

I came across this video audio and thought I would share it. A man who is clearly terrified calls Coast to Coast AM and tells Art Bell that he used to work at A...
[114 replies] Last: @Disch He wouldn't be a traditional conspiracy theorist if he didn't t... (by BHX)
teaching scope in python

so i have a couple of friends that want to learn programming, and im teaching them python, because of its simplicity. they are learning it great, but im having ...
[1 reply] : Saw this on SO: if foo: #{ print "it's true" #} else: #{ pr... (by ResidentBiscuit)
Slow down, newbs!

I hate it when I'm trying to answer one of your Qs, but you all go an delete your post -- topic disappears -- repo 404 -- me left wondering why I was bothering....
[13 replies] Last: [quote=The illusionist mirage] Albatross had also written an excellent... (by Daleth)
by Cubbi
On Google C++ Style Guide

I've mentioned a few times in passing on this forum that Google C++ Style Guide is a piece of trash, but today I had a little bit of time to put down my major p...
[6 replies] Last: @giokafir are you sure you're talking about the same style guide? (by Lachlan Easton)
Atom goes open source!

http://readwrite.com/2014/05/06/github-atom-open-source-text-editor-beginners https://github.com/atom
[4 replies] Last: The source is good and i liked it. (by giokafir)
Check my maths theory?

(bits in bold are more to the point) Okay I'm just going to explain it because I don't have any formulas/code for this new version of what I want to do. The t...
[8 replies] Last: Okay I think I've covered this enough to ensure that I can get things ... (by TheBeardedQuack)
Half assed learning

I'm on a holiday right now,, seems like I have so much in mind right now. I want to make Game, Web Crawler, Image recognition program, Website, AI and many mo...
[3 replies] Last: I'm kinda like that, but I've got one HUGE project which I am committe... (by TheBeardedQuack)
Attitude Quaternions

So I've decided that I'm going to build an autonomous drone. I'm using 3 gyroscopes and 3 accelerometers with measurements combined using a complimentary filter...
[6 replies] Last: I plan on this thing being able to traverse from way point to way poin... (by ModShop)
Programming Nightmare

I'm working on a project which is the continuation of another persons work. Up until recently I haven't had to look at their code as I have been rebuilding the...
[4 replies] Last: I can appreciate that and completely understand. (by BHX)
May 2014 Pages: 12345
  Archived months: [apr2014] [jun2014]

This is an archived page. To post a new message, go to the current page.