Lounge - October 2013 (Page 6)

Break an integer > 1000 into a set of values between 1 and 999

I could probably figure this out if it wasn't almost 5:30 in the morning. But, an example: given 123,456,789; the set would be {123,456,789} Any idea how ...
[2 replies] Last: That'll work! Thanks! (by Cheraphy)
Chrome auto correction

Chrome is supposed to have an auto correct feature that can be enabled through flags. I've enabled it but it doesn't seem to work with the most simple of exampl...
[3 replies] Last: But you did experiment with it. Henceforth, you shall be known as the... (by cire)
The Essence of C++ (Stroustrup)

In case anyone's interested? Bjarne Stroustrup - The Essence of C++: With Examples in C++84, C++98, C++11, and C++14 http://channel9.msdn.com/Events/GoingNa...
[no replies]
List Container ?

Does boost have an equivalent to std::list or does anyone recommend another library that has a list similar to the standard ? The msvc implementation of splice(...
[1 reply] : http://www.boost.org/doc/libs/1_49_0/libs/fusion/doc/html/fusion/conta... (by closed account 3qX21hU5)
by CroCo
Need feedback for a book?

There is a new book namely A Tour of C++ by Bjarne Stroustrup. I've bought Programming: Principles and Practice Using C++ for the same author. After checking th...
[2 replies] Last: thank you so much. it is helpful (by CroCo)
Automated minecraft server transfer

Everyone's probably gonna hate me for posting this but I imagine it'd be an amazing feat if it could be managed, however I know it'll be miles beyond my capabil...
[6 replies] Last: Would this help? http://www.minecraftforum.net/topic/772172-311-backup... (by megasnorlax)
Is this site legit? (1,2)

Is this legit or will it delete my current OS? http://mikeos.berlios.de/write-your-own-os-winbuild.html
[37 replies] Last: Thanks Danny Toledo for the link. (by closed account NUj6URfi)
by plexus
Am I too Old-School?

I often see examples in the MSDN like: array<DirectoryInfo^>^diArr = foo->GetDirectories(); Collections::IEnumerator^ myEnum = diArr->GetEnumerator(); ...
[19 replies] Last: I guess that what I meant is that since the stack just wraps another c... (by LB)
Tomorrow People CW

I recently bumped into a trailer on YouTube.com for "Tomorrow People CW", a "remake" of the 1970s British series. And a quick google suggests this new series is...
[2 replies] Last: We had it on TV, but I wasn't paying any attention. :( (by closed account jwkNwA7f)
What features in a application would help you as a programmer?

I was wondering what everyone here thought would be some good features to have in a program that would help with learning programming/managing things related to...
[5 replies] Last: yes sorry (by closed account Dy7SLyTq)
C++ instructors who don't know C++

I had a discussion section for my object oriented programming in C++ course. The lectures are given by a professor in large lecture halls, and he seams very go...
[7 replies] Last: Yeah, I certainly can't speak for your situation. That sounds pretty b... (by booradley60)
Cocoa OpenGL Tutorial

What is a good OpenGL tutorial using Cocoa? I am aware that it is not cross-platform, but I don't care. I know I am probably going to get beat up about that, ...
[2 replies] Last: Thanks for the link! I do know Cocoa and Obj-C. I just wasn't sure h... (by closed account jwkNwA7f)
Internet is glitchy

Simply put, my internet goes out. Roughly 3-5 times a month it simply stops working for ~2 hours (always about that long). In addition, I occasionally have time...
[6 replies] Last: Hi there, Is there any regularity in the cut-offs? For instance, does... (by closed account o3hC5Di1)
need help writing to disc

so im trying to write my own environment starting with my own bootloader then an os, then a language for it. im not looking for tips or anything just a little b...
[no replies]
31 year old begginer...too late?

I am 31 years old with a family and recently I have become obsessed with wanting to be a software developer. I am currently enrolled at a University for comput...
[8 replies] Last: I am 35 and I started programming about a year ago. Almost similar rea... (by abhishekm71)
Game Programming Team (1,2,3,4,5,6)

I know there is a thread in the Begginers forum's but I'm no expert but I don't consider myself an absolute begginer and it's about a different kind of programm...
[100 replies] Last: It is a IRC channel. Usually you would use a IRC client to connect to ... (by closed account 3qX21hU5)
by LB
Python Generators vs C++ Input Iterators

http://ideone.com/wUasfM As far as I know, Python generators can't skip generating values. If they can, please tell me how :) Interestingly though, in this exa...
[no replies]
help with kdevelop

Trying out Kdevelop, and I did some quick googling for the answer but my google fu is weak. I figured I'd ask here, maybe find it quicker. Given a method decl...
[6 replies] Last: Ok, one good thing abut KDev is that it is a mature application, so it... (by TheIdeasMan)
by LB
Innocent code is guilty

This innocent code (or the real, unsimplified version of it, anyway) is guilty for making me stay up to 2AM debugging a crash. This simplified code compiles an...
[17 replies] Last: How does it make him work? Does he check to see if it really needs to... (by closed account jwkNwA7f)
Question about college

So I want to get my B.A in Computer Science, but I need to go two years in a state college, and then the last two at a university. My question is this: not ...
[2 replies] Last: @OP You would be best contacting the universities that you want to app... (by Danny Toledo)
October 2013 Pages: 1... 456789
  Archived months: [sep2013] [nov2013]

This is an archived page. To post a new message, go to the current page.