Lounge - May 2013 (Page 2)

RPG Maker XP dimensions

Do any of you know off the top of your head how wide and tall a RTP styled RMXP sprite is? I tried to google it and I got no answers. I mean like a single spri...
[6 replies] Last: The problem with loading was I was adding the height were the width sh... (by closed account N36fSL3A)
Maths help

Hi, i really want to do computer science in college however i need to get a B in maths GCSE. Only problem is i'm rubbish at maths(i got an E in my last test) I ...
[5 replies] Last: When I had to study math in high school I found out that I was able to... (by maeriden)
Your First and Biggest Project

Hi, I was interested in what your First and also what your Biggest Project. I also wish to know why you programmed that project and when programming your first...
[5 replies] Last: My first real proiect was a fire emblem clone on the Nintendo DS. It w... (by drew887)
Do you think anybody can be a programmer and do you think it should be taught in elementary school? (1,2,3,4)

I'm thinking no to both questions, but yet when I am on Youtube I see adverts with Mark Zuckerberg and Bill Gates telling everybody to go and program when most ...
[78 replies] Last: Yes, but again you run into the problem of the teacher would have to w... (by BHX)
Skype chat [begginners]

Hi there, About 2 weeks ago skype chat was created .9 people are in at the moment. Anyone,who would like to join, add me in skype mantasxxl3
[no replies]
Isn't it funny:P

It seems like for me most of my mistakes come from the simplest things:P Like i have been fighting a bug and i found it in the line:P ill let you see whats wron...
[10 replies] Last: Andy you sniped what I was gonna type. (by closed account N36fSL3A)
Maths

Hi, i really want to do computer science in college however i need to get a B in maths GCSE. Only problem is i'm rubbish at maths(i got an E in my last test) I ...
[1 reply] : As with anything in life: You will do better if you practice and put i... (by Script Coder)
Puns (1,2)

Since the topics here are getting dry, I want you guys to post as many puns here as possible. I'll start. Moe Lester
[38 replies] Last: Well, there are obviously some people who think Java is a cool program... (by andywestken)
Any tips on how to quit smoking?

Basically just what the title says. I've been at it for a year or so now, and I really hate it.
[8 replies] Last: 9. Quitting is a plausible excuse to play computer games. That's tru... (by maeriden)
by wetlip
"C++ Language Tutorial" Very well written

I haven't read such a well written tutorial in years, congratulations ! You should write books.
[1 reply] : Who are you talking to? Also, I think Twikker wrote the tutorial, can ... (by Script Coder)
Two questions that have nothing to do with programming (1,2)

1. How many possible true and false statements do you think there are: finitely many or infinitely many? 2. If S is an infinite set and T is a finite set, give...
[20 replies] Last: Once again, it depends on how x is selected. (by helios)
Electrical Generator

Is an electrical generator an electric motor? I need this to make a wind turbine. That's all. Thanks in advance.
[10 replies] Last: Holy crap that's huge. I think I'll stick with making a small one to p... (by closed account N36fSL3A)
What type of low level programming jobs are there? (1,2)

What type of jobs could a CS grad who know C, C++, and x86 assembly get?
[27 replies] Last: You know what? The replies are getting so long and uninteresting even ... (by closed account N36fSL3A)
What's your favourite Desktop Environment? (1,2,3)

I personally love LXDE; just curious to see what other people think O:
[50 replies] Last: I am using cinnamon now and totally like it so far. Seems to be much ... (by Michaela Elise)
Who decides what updates go in C++11?

Why are there different compilers for one language? Why do some support more C++11 features than others? Who decides what goes in these updates and how do they ...
[2 replies] Last: And for info on how the standard is made http://isocpp.org/std (by Lachlan Easton)
SFML (1,2)

Not sure exactly when this happened, but SFML has completely redone its website. It looks nice. Luarent also seems to have officially released version 2.0 and t...
[36 replies] Last: Sorry devon won't be able to make it on tonight work is making me do a... (by closed account 3qX21hU5)
Good web hosting service

i need a web hosting service that supports: java web start, python CGI, and php
[3 replies] Last: well I know a web site that has great PHP, Database, etc. hosting I'm ... (by David Parker)
Arduino or maker electronics.

Projects? Ideas? Cool shit you want other people to know you made? Discuss. :)
[14 replies] Last: [quote=chrisname]by the end, if it works, you might have a conscious, ... (by closed account N36fSL3A)
Programmer Friends

I am looking to surround myself with people who program in c++. All of my friends do not take an interest in programming, whereas I do. So basically I am lookin...
[3 replies] Last: ITT Tech to find lots of programming junkies. (by closed account N36fSL3A)
Online resources for learning JAVA

This website has helped me learn C++ well, so also has the website "www.learncpp.com". I wanted to know if there are any such online resources for studying J...
[3 replies] Last: Thanks a lot. That list was just too good. Appreciate the help. :) (by iluvthee07)
May 2013 Pages: 1234... 6
  Archived months: [apr2013] [jun2013]

This is an archived page. To post a new message, go to the current page.