Lounge - November 2013 (Page 6)

Anyone heard of the story of mel?

Real Programmers wrote in machine code. Not FORTRAN. Not RATFOR. Not, even, assembly language. Machine Code. Raw, unadorned, inscrutable hexadecimal numb...
[9 replies] Last: pretty cool... wow... (by IWishIKnew)
clang c++ 11 support?

so my current compiler of choice is gcc, but it doesnt support the regex library yet. so i have two alternatives. use boost (which i dont feel like building rig...
[7 replies] Last: oh... i feel stupid... i havent used boost in forever so i forgot. (by closed account Dy7SLyTq)
VxWorks

What language is the VxWorks operating system written in? Does any one know. VxWorks by Wind River Systems.
[5 replies] Last: not *nix-based, sorry i misspoke. upon reading i found out that it w... (by closed account Dy7SLyTq)
Youtube Changed Comment System (1,2,3,4)

UUGGGHHHH. I'm getting sick and tired of Youtube. Now I can't reply to people I'm debating with. Anyone know how to get through it?
[76 replies] Last: I'm looking forward to it. ;) (by closed account N36fSL3A)
Questio

Any tutorials out there that help teach how to make a 2D game kind of like Cladun?
[1 reply] : Well you should set about learning a graphics library. A few are SDL,... (by closed account N36fSL3A)
the backwards thread (1,2,3)

so i dont think we have had a forum game in a while, so i say we try this one out (i came up with this the other day) we start out with what would be the last p...
[40 replies] Last: sometimes I pee at the side of the toilet to make less noise. (by closed account N36fSL3A)
by S G H
MinGW Doesn't want to work anymore :| (1,2)

Explaining the problem is quite simple and weird: /-----------------------------------------------------------------------------\ | cc1plus.exe - Applicat...
[21 replies] Last: Okay, got it working after the format. (by S G H)
Who knows or is learning a computer language besides c++?

Who knows or is learning a computer language besides c++?
[19 replies] Last: so aside question... how does one make a .deb file? thats what im usin... (by closed account Dy7SLyTq)
COCI Second Round

Hey, I just want to say good luck to all those who are competing in the COCI (Croatian Open Competition in Informatics) second round. It is starting in 6 minute...
[no replies]
Any way to get the documentation/ reference sections as a PDF (or other ebook format)

The documentation and reference sections of this website are pretty extensive and any adequately-complete ebook representation of them would likely be thousands...
[3 replies] Last: Naw, it's fine. Also, you posted this in the right section. :) -Albat... (by Albatross)
Good Hashing

I had created a few encryption algorithms (whether they are strong or weak compared to the pro algorithms I havn't a clue), and I've come accross this problem b...
[15 replies] Last: That makes sense. (by IWishIKnew)
GTA online

With the addition of crews, I decided to make one of my own. It's just for fun and games, anyone can join. Uber-Mafia <-Copy and paste to find it.
[10 replies] Last: I miss the 8 and 16 bit days for gaming. (by RealGiganitris)
by LB
Quick assembly question

I'm having to convert an inline assembly block from MSVC to MinGW (it cannot be written in C++, as it passes a runtime-determined number of arguments to functio...
[17 replies] Last: http://www.ibiblio.org/gferg/ldp/GCC-Inline-Assembly-HOWTO.html#s5 If... (by closed account o1vk4iN6)
C++ IDE (1,2)

Haven't seen one of this in a while, so. What is your favorite IDE for C++ Mine is Eclipse with CDT installed + Sublime 3 when I only need to edit(altought...
[26 replies] Last: What are MinGW "add-on modules"???? What is the "source components"??... (by IWishIKnew)
by LB
Clearly an easter-egg

http://i.imgur.com/lGXS1SU.png http://www.tee-junction.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/03/rexnuke.gif The resemblance is too close to be random. EDIT: Apparently I...
[3 replies] Last: It's from Google today. The easter eggs came seemingly at random after... (by Mats)
by LB
I knew about 3D Transforms in CSS, but not 3D Models in CSS

http://tridiv.com/
[3 replies] Last: It's the other way around - FireFox doesn't fully support the new CSS... (by Script Coder)
JavaScript OOP (1,2)

Classes and objects in JavaScript seem super weird... Started learning JavaScript a couple days ago, just hit objects. Does javascript have classes or does it n...
[33 replies] Last: It's just a different approach to OOP; it's called prototype-based pro... (by chrisname)
Displaying RAM contents using assembly

I got inspired by the disassembly feature so I tried to make my own. The program's goal is to print the contents of the RAM. The program gets compiled but doe...
[2 replies] Last: I think ResidentBiscuit is right, although you could circumvent it by ... (by chrisname)
Arduino

Hi guys, What do you think about Arduino? What can I do with it? I want to make portable systems like a simple cell-phone or something like that virtual bab...
[8 replies] Last: @Lumpkin It depends what you want to do with it. The Arduino runs in r... (by chrisname)
by dilver
php

this is an url example : http://search.yahoo.com/bin/search?p=computers (it is only an example for specification and clarification) in this url , the meth...
[1 reply] : Short answer: it's the developers that decide what happens. (by VitaDev)
November 2013 Pages: 1... 45678
  Archived months: [oct2013] [dec2013]

This is an archived page. To post a new message, go to the current page.