Lounge - September 2013 (Page 3)

by S G H
SteamOS Incoming! (1,2)

http://store.steampowered.com/livingroom/SteamOS/ SteamOS has been announced as a Linux distro, I guess that is. I'd really be happy to be trying it as so...
[29 replies] Last: Yeah, it is a one time fee of $100 to become part of greenlight http:/... (by BHX)
'Buying Programming books are a bad way to learn' my housemates opinion, he did get a very good degree recently, but really?

My house mate told me it was a bad Idea buying programming books! he said the best way to learn is to write programs and take notes (but more to focus the brain...
[5 replies] Last: @devonrevenge I'd say ignore your room mate. One thing that tells me h... (by BHX)
by ngopza
what kind of c#

Hey guys.I recently enrolled for a c# module at my institution. I am c++ programmer, atleast I consider myself as one.Most of my programs were done through a t...
[2 replies] Last: Nah.I asked around.People who did it say that that's what they did.cre... (by ngopza)
is linux protecting me

May the experts clarify please. I am a linux user.So with all this news going on about that our encryption we use is vulnerable to attacks, it got me curious.W...
[6 replies] Last: Look for a book designed for your version of linux. At my library ther... (by twiggystardust)
Advantages of c++? (1,2)

Sometimes i think if (Turbo)c++ is not gonna be of any use to me in future, and i feel as if i'm wasting time studying it Is it so? Or is it gonna help m...
[22 replies] Last: What's that in response to? (by LB)
by LB
I don't understand how Java memory leaks happen

Minecraft is a common example. In older, buggier versions, memory use would slowly rise, and this memory would somehow not be eligible for collection by the gar...
[8 replies] Last: Never mind I answered it. (by closed account N36fSL3A)
by modic
C++ Jokes!

Keep this forum funny! Jokes only allowed! :D
[8 replies] Last: Not strictly a C++ joke, but since with C++ we are just moving electro... (by Mats)
From C++ to C#: Pros & Cons

Hi, LeafyCircuits here! I've been programming for about a year now in C++, and now I'm interested in other languages. I've taken a gander at what there is an...
[2 replies] Last: coder777 said: I'd suggest that you take a look at the job off... (by LeafyCircuits)
Diagram Program

Hey guys, is there any program for drawing diagrams for free?
[9 replies] Last: astah is paid I will try Lucidchart. Thanks guys. (by closed account 1v5E3TCk)
by Mats
Does learning language, help you learn computer language (or vice-versa)?

I've seen many studies that show that learning a second language (let's say French as a second and English as a first language for example) helps you to learn o...
[4 replies] Last: Would someone who can do C++ and English learn French faster? Can I l... (by andywestken)
LImiting Templates to particular types with traits and static_assert

I managed to figure out how to do this, so am posting here in case it is of use to someone. My goal was to make a template for Circles, that could be restric...
[2 replies] Last: Cheers Cubbi, awesome as per usual! :+D. (by TheIdeasMan)
Odd project description in VS

In the "Wizard" project description, it says "TODO: Wizard description". Here is a printscreen of it: http://s873.photobucket.com/user/retsgorf297/media/Scr...
[no replies]
quick xml question

Was whipping up a tool to generate a skyrim console script for custom character starts. I'm keeping the ID for various attributes / items in xml files, and the ...
[no replies]
C++14 in VS2012

I have VS2012 Professional, which has some C++11 features. I want the more C++11 features and C++14 features that comes in VS2013. Since I already have paid f...
[9 replies] Last: @Disch: My first point was that you would need to be from the future t... (by LB)
by LB
Crazy ramblings from an 18-year-old

Imagine a divided graph like this: A | B | C Where B can fit into both A and C, but A and C exclude each other. Most languages we know and use practica...
[5 replies] Last: Oh durr. Nevermind. I thought he was talking about C++. That's what... (by Disch)
Game programming

My interest in making games keeps growing day by day Question is, what is the best basic game programming software? I have even made an interactive arcade ...
[1 reply] : If you want to start with making games and move onto written programmi... (by LB)
by Manga
Mario bros. game engine

So I searched the internet for a mario bros. game engine and something called GameMaker kept popping up with hello game engine. Has anyone used gamemaker? Wo...
[4 replies] Last: I wouldn't take it seriously either. (by S G H)
Lamb of GOD :D

Who else on here is into metal? l.o.g,meshuggah,whitechapel? I need suggestions for real heavy,slow,brutal songs.
[8 replies] Last: Yea they were great. I'd say whitechapel was better though. (by ResidentBiscuit)
What gives you "the rush" in programming? (1,2,3)

I'm one of the few that honestly enjoys coding. (It may not seem like few on here but really we're quite a rare breed grouped here guys) I always have bugs, but...
[41 replies] Last: Completing something that seems very complex. I don't get that rush m... (by closed account N36fSL3A)
by valix
computer science problem

Hi guys I'm new to the site and I was wondering if you could helpwith a problem I've been struggling with. Well, here it goes: Determine the sets S, such tha...
[10 replies] Last: @ Script Coder That's actually a very good idea. Assuming that a cann... (by valix)
September 2013 Pages: 12345... 8
  Archived months: [aug2013] [oct2013]

This is an archived page. To post a new message, go to the current page.