Lounge - December 2012 (Page 5)

Multi-threading stories

Today, I finally broke through and started to multi-thread. It's quite a new world and requires a completely new way of thinking. In this thread, I'd like to ...
[16 replies] Last: where are we going to go from here fibers, strands, whatever you cal... (by Cubbi)
phpmyadmin

Im trying to install phpmyadmin on windows 7 not sure how the install goes, but I beleive i need php5 and mysql. Do i need those before I can install phpmyadmin...
[4 replies] Last: Be sure to keep it updated regularly. Phpmyadmin is known for being ve... (by ResidentBiscuit)
by LB
The scariest thing (1,2)

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Food_laws One small step forward for large companies, one huge step backward for the constitution of the United States. If this d...
[25 replies] Last: [quote=L B]Do we know how these chemicals affects us Short-term: yes,... (by chrisname)
by krell
need abit of advice here

so i got this great idea for a robot but need someone to figure out how to get a robot to have a dictinary in it to send a text back in a device that helps it c...
[4 replies] Last: no but i'd be glad to build it by my self if i have to do it (by krell)
Low Cost Commercial Compiler?

I know that one of the most used compilers for commercial apps is Visual Studio. However, I don't want to have to buy a very expensive developer tool if I don'...
[19 replies] Last: Does the application released have to be open source or not? Micros... (by closed account 3hM2Nwbp)
Never use GNU Indent

I thought that since I had changed my coding style (4 space indents instead of 8-space tab indents), I'd cheat and have Indent update all my code automatically ...
[10 replies] Last: I only used the wildcard because it told me to! I already have a file ... (by chrisname)
ARP poisoning

So I've been doing some playing around (don't worry, it's all harmless) with ARP on my machine, and did some reading on ARP poisoning. I've been trying to chang...
[6 replies] Last: how far away are you guys from being able to make cain and able type p... (by devonrevenge)
by Veltas
Do you know what the output is?

Do you know what the output of this program is? Don't throw up! I know, it's a pretty disgusting programming. Don't worry about posting spoilers, hopefully ...
[11 replies] Last: [quote=darkestfright]Bro, do you even lift?! Unspecified. (by Veltas)
by cbf28
Web Crawler and Search Bot - Help

Hi all, I am an old programmer now making my return - old habits die hard I used to work with C++ under Linux but haven't programmed in a few years since ...
[5 replies] Last: Ah well that's simple enough. HTTP has a modified-since field you can ... (by ResidentBiscuit)
system32 ... ? (1,2)

Wtf is in system32 ? Why ,if deleted , it'll (most probably ?) cause the computer to crash ? What does it contain that's so essential ?
[36 replies] Last: Ah. That reminds me, there was this site I used to go on and it has ad... (by LB)
NZ'ers: get your pets DLs before long?

http://www.npr.org/blogs/thetwo-way/2012/12/05/166576448/video-no-stupid-pet-trick-in-new-zealand-some-dogs-learn-to-drive LOL fun People think animals ar...
[1 reply] : Woof woof, I wonder what color the traffic light is. (by Catfish3)
Paid Tester Wanted (1,2,3)

Here at the Humane Medical Society we have recently developed a new lethal injection and are in need of test subjects, preferably human. You will receive $50 pe...
[46 replies] Last: You can kill any kind of bug you want! Even people you consider pests! (by ModShop)
Am I Daft

After reading this thread (http://www.cplusplus.com/forum/lounge/87079/#msg467301) and countless others I am wondering if I am stupid for always wanting to mak...
[7 replies] Last: I was making a reference to this: https://www.google.com/webhp?sourcei... (by Cheraphy)
by Doth
School choice problem

Hello. I'm 18 years old and I've been using the computer since my childhood and started programming at the age of 13 or 14. I was thinking alot about my fu...
[5 replies] Last: I could write a programm for myself to give me random simple math pro... (by helios)
c++ help please

every time i try to run my program i keep getting an identification error for empInfo. i tried putting int empInfo; but it wont work can someone please help me ...
[3 replies] Last: You should put this in the beginner's fourm (by closed account N36fSL3A)
Some New Ideas

Well, it's me again, Fredbill30. I have some new ideas, and I would like to ask the community if you would agree with this. The first idea is, since I'...
[5 replies] Last: I'm guessing I'm good enough to teach. Maybe not. For all I know I may... (by closed account N36fSL3A)
Why Can't ASP.NET Support C++?

I had the idea of building a web app in C++. I knew ASP.NET supported many languages, so I did a bit of research and found out that ASP.NET nor any other thing...
[7 replies] Last: Why would anyone wish to create webapps in C++? A completely wrong too... (by rapidcoder)
Hey can i get an example of ugly code and beautiful code? is the ugliness of a code objective or subjective? (1,2)

Im still not sure if i know the difference, i know theres presentation but'yuck' is a common response after seeing my code, and after ive indented it and aut...
[21 replies] Last: I agree completely with that, except that I'd stress that comments in ... (by chrisname)
VC Question

Alright, when you #include you use <> when it is default with the compiler and "" when it is not. Why is the stdafx.h used with "" if its standard for VC?...
[2 replies] Last: stdafx.h is not "std" in the sense of the C++ standard library, but it... (by andywestken)
by Ch1156
Whats the difference between a programmer and a software engineer

So yeah, i was wondering what the difference was if there is one.
[6 replies] Last: A software engineer is an engineer that produces software. A programme... (by chrisname)
December 2012 Pages: 1... 3456
  Archived months: [nov2012] [jan2013]

This is an archived page. To post a new message, go to the current page.