Lounge - March 2013 (Page 2)

XMPP on Thunderbird 17

So I just noticed that Thunderbird has support for various chat servers. I got my facebook chat running just fine, and have been trying to figure out how to get...
[6 replies] Last: Yea our server doesn't even have 5223 open, but I tried anyway for the... (by ResidentBiscuit)
Thinking about starting a school video game design team? Any advice?

(High School) We have a STEM(Science technology engineering and math club) Im thinking about starting a school video game design team and i have some questions...
[6 replies] Last: You may also find some useful links and other info re. game art in thi... (by closed account D80DSL3A)
Is it possible language-oriented programming has a bright future like OOP?

I had a argue with one of my friend. He mainly focuses on compiler development while I am more on appliance development Appreciate any idea!
[8 replies] Last: No. (by closed account N36fSL3A)
MMO with Good Combat?

I have tried a few MMO's and all of the have click to auto attack combat. I was wondering if anyone knows of an MMO with some other sort of combat. Thanks!
[15 replies] Last: *Minecraft can host as much players as you can provide RAM for* I play... (by closed account N36fSL3A)
SDL SplitScreen? (1,2)

I want to know how I would incorporate a split screen function in a small RPG my brother wants to make. (He's 4 years younger than me and he wants to know how t...
[24 replies] Last: The thread says you're welcome :) (by closed account N36fSL3A)
by LB
There's no language for this

MyFunc(implicit Type typ, typ x, typ y) -> typ SomeGlobalVar := typ return x + y MyOtherFunc() -> SomeGlobalVar return SomeGlobalVar(7) Th...
[16 replies] Last: I messed up pretty bad with this thread, I don't even know what I was ... (by LB)
What would signify apparent differences in memory mapped I/O between boards?

Ok, that title is a bit off, but I'll try to be more spot on. In different printed circuit boards, or motherboards, the hardware engineers, I'm assuming, map...
[5 replies] Last: I was talking about memory mapped I/O as in the title. You are talking... (by rapidcoder)
best one yet (1,2,3,4)

I laughed soooo hard! http://xkcd.com/1185/
[62 replies] Last: omg, that is good. I like the one where the guy is standing there wit... (by Michaela Elise)
Tablet Keyboard for Nexus 7

I just don't know about this one. I've never researched this long on a product and not found one. I am looking for a 7 inch tablet case with a keyboard that cov...
[2 replies] Last: The tablet was a gift and I really can't afford an 150 dollar netbook ... (by inform880)
I need help with LZW v.6

If you've seen my LZW article, version 6 will be the first beta. The goal of v.6 is to introduce the concept of variable width codes, that is, reading and wr...
[17 replies] Last: Don't aim users at some specific version of a MinGW compiler. Test yo... (by Catfish3)
Lower Your IQ

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z9pD_UK6vGU&autoplay=1 Anyone else interested?
[13 replies] Last: in hounslow I live in a room in a nice muslim families house, Some of ... (by devonrevenge)
by LB
Multiple Inheritance is coming to a Java near You (1,2)

Don't believe me? have a look at default functions for interfaces in Java 8. It's like the know they need MI, but they don't want to admit it, so they've found ...
[24 replies] Last: ok so .net is just a library then like sfml. what does c# do for you ... (by Oria)
Made a grammer... what next?

I made a grammer with the GPB. nothing to amazing. then i exported the file. what do i do next to make an interpreted language?
[14 replies] Last: Here is a link to one of a series of videos that helped me: http://www... (by Script Coder)
The internet never stops amazing (1,2,3)

I've seen lot of stuff on the internet a little good and most of it really bad. But it never stop surprising me to see how people act when it comes to forums. I...
[40 replies] Last: -CLAPS-!!!! o_o think your the first person to take something I wro... (by Stormhawk)
Is a skill with a language proficiency with it, or just experience?

I notice on the profile editing page there's a "Skills" text field. Does a skill mean proficiency, as in highly experienced and good at it, or just some insi...
[2 replies] Last: a skill is an ability. Anyone can have skill or many skills. which is ... (by Stormhawk)
SDL with Pocket C++

Well the portable version of mingw was made into a plugin for notepad++. (Google Pocket C++, it should be on the first page.)During my study hall in school I wa...
[6 replies] Last: Nevermind, this is not solved. Now when I try to compile with mingw co... (by closed account N36fSL3A)
best way to comment

so im not talking about commenting the code, i can do that fine. im talking about the part at the beginning. ive seen the gpl. ive personally done the authors v...
[7 replies] Last: Well, I used to put Doxygen comments in source files and header files,... (by chrisname)
Why pay for Macs/Apple products? They're OVERpriced!!!!! (1,2,3,4,5,6,7)

I don't want to hear "Macs are shiny, made out of cool metal, have a bitten apple on them, etc.". That's total eye appeal with no real insight on the compute...
[135 replies] Last: I really don't think that Macs are that overpriced, but I will say t... (by Big Tunda)
Garbage Collection - Why? (1,2,3,4)

Why is this a thing? Is manually deleting your memory really that hard to do? This is an honest question, not meant to flame. From my experience, deleting memor...
[68 replies] Last: I think the record is above 40 pages. (by LB)
Desktop appreciation thread

Linux, openSUSE 12.3 KDE4, Plastik theme with Norway color scheme, Oxygen antialiased fonts. Stunningly beautiful. What's your favorite config? No need for s...
[3 replies] Last: Windows 7 Aero (blue) Absolutely nothing but my Samsung Series Nature... (by Duthomhas)
March 2013 Pages: 1234... 8
  Archived months: [feb2013] [apr2013]

This is an archived page. To post a new message, go to the current page.