Lounge - July 2013 (Page 2)

free website builder, and free domain.

Does anyone know of a free website builder, and that will let me have my website a .com without paying?
[7 replies] Last: You can have free .tk top-level domain at http://www.dot.tk and a free... (by a k n)
looking for android game app tutorials/books

i would love to make a simple game like doodle jump i.e. the player jumps on platforms and moves up the screen and you tilt the phone left and right to move the...
[7 replies] Last: but nothing about using tilt in the phone its under motions and sen... (by Paoletti301)
by sumsar
Getting started with game programming? (1,2)

I'm 16 and I been programming c++ for 6 month now. I Know all about console Programming and have finished my graduation Project. I wanna end up making my own ...
[30 replies] Last: Wait, he didn't do that already? I thought he has. Anyway I'd recommen... (by closed account N36fSL3A)
Any good challenges for intermediate level C++? (1,2,3,4)

Post 'em here. I'm already gonna attempt the NES emulator thing, I just want to know if I'm good enough.
[66 replies] Last: no i wasnt, because if its shouldn't then that means your parents are... (by closed account N36fSL3A)
by chipp
FB page (1,2,3)

do this forum has facebook page?
[49 replies] Last: Nope. I think I only said it twice on this forum. (by closed account N36fSL3A)
Any good Squirrel tutorials?

Title says it all.
[16 replies] Last: sorry i didnt see the other posts. i googled squirrel tutorial and tha... (by closed account Dy7SLyTq)
I realize that the internet cannot be completley controlled or snooped on by governments

I been worried about liberty and the direction of the internet recently but then I realized; If you really don't want people to snoop on your conversations o...
[15 replies] Last: they might lock you up in one without a trial for being a troll troll ... (by devonrevenge)
thrill of diablo 3? (1,2)

so me and my boss are big blizzard fans, and he introduced me to diablo 3. i had never played it (or 1 or 2) before last night. it seemed to me just like warcra...
[34 replies] Last: Regardless I highly doubt barbs will dominate pvp. Weak CC, weak esc... (by ENIGMAx)
by LB
std::initializer_list<move_only_type>

This is the worst thing that can happen to you. And it's happened to me twice. Initializer lists in C++11 are such trolls, it's not even funny. I hate having to...
[6 replies] Last: That doesn't mean it's not annoying ;) (by LB)
python seems so easy (1,2,3,4,5)

I first began with c++ when i was 12 and it was really frustrating(I managed to finish c++ for dummies) I'm 15 now and started python. The reason i started pyth...
[95 replies] Last: you don't go on very much >.> From my understanding it means that I... (by Script Coder)
Using minGW with Code::Blocks

Where do I choose to use minGW in Code::Blocks?
[2 replies] Last: Thank you, Zereo! (by closed account jwkNwA7f)
by Manga
game idea anyone? (1,2,3,4,5,6,7)

I think a great game should start with a great idea. I've got some ideas but don't know if they are great. Share some of yours and we can vote on the best o...
[123 replies] Last: but wait what if this will be new feature in new internet standard? (by Manga)
by BHX
Confidence Building Projects (1,2,3)

Been sitting here today thinking. Books teach you the language and normally the exercises just have you do variants of previous book examples using the new mate...
[51 replies] Last: Yes. =) (by Disch)
Accurate arctan()

I've been playing around with bigfloats and Carlson's method of accurately calculating arctangent values. So here are my questions: - Does anyone have any rea...
[10 replies] Last: Maybe for measuring distances to stars through parallax? Crap. Well,... (by Duthomhas)
Making money from Games

I've been wondering, how much money one could potentially earn if one would make a simple game that would hit the top spots on miniclips.com or addictinggames.c...
[16 replies] Last: Yes. Illegally and legally. (by closed account N36fSL3A)
Favorite Library: Logging (1,2,3)

There are tons of logging libraries out there, literally. There's a logging library for every framework, for some larger applications, and so on. Everyone has t...
[50 replies] Last: I end up taking longer than usual with my projects. After I get a lot ... (by closed account N36fSL3A)
How do you statically insert a data byte in memory using x86 machine code?

Hello all! I am trying to find out how I can statically insert a byte using x86 binary opcodes/machine code. The x86 assembly equivalent can be done so using ...
[3 replies] Last: You can use DOS utility debug, (by vlad from moscow)
by Smac89
All c++ Standard library in one include statement!

Found this interesting post on codeforces. Thought I should share it with you guys: http://codeforces.com/blog/entry/8387 Tested it with the following cod...
[no replies]
Voxel based games (1,2)

has anyone noticed the huge flood of voxel based indie games? it seems that most of these are just trying to ride on the success of minecraft. but it has led...
[39 replies] Last: I know this, I just wanted to get all technical :3 (by closed account N36fSL3A)
by new001
Rotating a Shape

Does anybody know the math formula for making a shape rotate? I have no idea how it's done. Any help would be much appreciated, thanks.
[2 replies] Last: Looks rather complicated xD, but exactly what I was looking for, thank... (by new001)
July 2013 Pages: 1234... 9
  Archived months: [jun2013] [aug2013]

This is an archived page. To post a new message, go to the current page.