Lounge - July 2013 (Page 4)

Anyone make a video game? (1,2,3)

I made one. You are an orc and you must conquer the other tribes around to win.
[42 replies] Last: Unless you actually have something else to add to the conversation. (by Lachlan Easton)
Favorite Songs

What is everyone's favorite song? Mine is either something by Dubba Jonny or I'm on fire (Beam me up) by 3rddy.
[3 replies] Last: Don't forget Chief Keef gots a llama... (by closed account N36fSL3A)
Laptops Or Desktops (1,2)

Which do you prefer? i tend to go for Desktops because of easy maintenance. just bought a laptop today, had a flamboyant pixel so i had to take it back an...
[25 replies] Last: darkestfright: On that last subject, if you've used the two, how does ... (by helios)
Wifi Hacking tool

Hello, I have searched in several sites, but most of them are viruses, or with other languages, My neighbor gave me permission to hack his wireless network to ...
[15 replies] Last: It's not BT that does the work. BT is just a distro that comes with a ... (by ResidentBiscuit)
What do you do if you are bored with a programming exercise? (1,2)

Some of us learn programming through books, and for those who try to test what we have just read, we generally try to do the programming exercises. I often do t...
[21 replies] Last: @Czar05 @vlad from moscow, wow thats amazing. How proficient are ... (by vlad from moscow)
Tiled Map Editor

I have downloaded Tiled Map Editor and I want to know how or where to download the tiles for the map editor for my game? Does anyone know how?
[17 replies] Last: Lazyfoo isn't on youtube. => http://lazyfoo.net/ Tutorial in question... (by BHX)
Haswell

I've been closely following the new Haswell processors because I'll need a new laptop when I go to college next year. However, I yet have to find information on...
[11 replies] Last: Quite the necro. (by ResidentBiscuit)
GLUT and SDL

I'm working on a project and i have a question, will GLUT and SDL work together? GLUT as the rendering and SDL as the GUI.
[14 replies] Last: It's phased out on newer versions of OpenGL, but older versions still ... (by htirwin)
Linus Torvalds

As big an ass he is, I can't help but love his style. http://arstechnica.com/information-technology/2013/07/linus-torvalds-defends-his-right-to-shame-linux-ke...
[14 replies] Last: @Disch, Duoas I somewhat agree with you, with the addendum that we (or... (by chrisname)
A program that uses an imagination rather than memory...how can i research this

I want to make a (relatively) super simple console program that uses its memory and then applies a little imagination to give a certain result, i want an imagin...
[3 replies] Last: oh cool (by devonrevenge)
Radical Language Modification

Hey all, I'm playing around with bignums again... I just realized I could do something cool and make code that looks like this: d = a + b (mod c); ...
[7 replies] Last: Stack-based-delayed evaluation. b(c) returns a temp object. Yeah, I ... (by Duthomhas)
SFML

I am still learning c++, learned couple of important standard headers such as <iomanip><iosrtream><cstdlib><string><cmath><time>....... and now downloading SMFL...
[4 replies] Last: Thanks all, it seems that I am going to have to change my plan and add... (by a967Bytes)
I am a cat (1,2,3)

and you cannot prove otherwise.
[52 replies] Last: It's not exactly news that all animals in the wild don't conform to t... (by helios)
Some Morale Boost required :)

Hi! I have been working hard on a desktop software project. I have already invested 6 months of my time and effort into it and I don't know if I have even re...
[3 replies] Last: Thanks guys, yes you are right, there is no point in getting discourag... (by abhishekm71)
Is cplusplus.com's search engine ill?

Is cplusplus.com's search engine poorly at the moment? I just tried to find a thread I remembered and neither cplusplus.com's search nor Google (using site:www...
[3 replies] Last: Yea thats what i do BHX or i ask the question.. (by closed account EwCjE3v7)
Do you use Linux (1,2,3,4,5)

I wanted to know how many ppl use linux to program What version of Linux (ie ubuntu)? I use ubuntu 12.04. Any tools to recommend?
[87 replies] Last: As you can see BHX, I do not usually type in intrnetz speek lyke dis. ... (by closed account N36fSL3A)
Simple Java Question!

Not quite sure if I'm allowed to post this here, but great community on this site, so I'm going to try anyways. This is a simple program I wrote up that I'm sti...
[12 replies] Last: [quote=rapidcoder]Java 7 does support switch on strings. Another gre... (by closed account N36fSL3A)
by CroCo
Math symbols in a forum?

It seems trivial to you but I didn't find a way to do it. How can I type math equations in this forum or in any forum? I know Latex but not sure if this is bene...
[6 replies] Last: ...if it's complicated (sorry I forgot) (by jasonrobertz357)
I'm smarter than you (1,2)

No, really, I am.
[39 replies] Last: [quote=giblit]I'm smarter than a fifth grader. That's cool. But I'm... (by closed account N36fSL3A)
How can I get to MIT

I want to study at MIT but I dont know what I have to do cuz I am from Türkiye. I am at second grade of high school. So can anyone help me or give information...
[6 replies] Last: http://mitadmissions.org/blogs/entry/whats_the_big_deal_about_402 Th... (by closed account 1v5E3TCk)
July 2013 Pages: 123456... 9
  Archived months: [jun2013] [aug2013]

This is an archived page. To post a new message, go to the current page.